Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [charts] Completely different TA than ANY other btc reversal in history  (Read 4657 times)
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

Actually I haven't seen you posting many graphs with drawings of little lines on them. You are the one who mostly tends to snap at people for different kinds of reasons.
Anyway, I'm a simple man who enjoys simple things like the empirical truth. You can say that the line drawers are actually making money based on their posted speculations, but sadly I rarely experience a moment where I see that someone was correct. So, to me it's either they are actually losing in BTC or they are doing the opposite that they are posting.

I like that definition of my forum persona. ^__^

Anyway. Keep dismissing results backed by sufficient evidence based on your own lack of information, insufficient experience, and sheer stubbornness. As long as you don't sell after all in a moment of panic, you should be fine.

Bought around 200, sold around 1020, bought again at 613, sold at 691... now waiting to see if there will be any development with LTC if BTCChina has any momentum still left in it. So, I'm doing fine with using common sense about market growth and product demand while ignoring these "results backed by sufficient evidence".

Let me see if I get this right:

Trading on your *intuition* on market movements is fine and dandy, but when others try to formalize that intuitive approach, to, you know, do dumb things like attempt to quantify how accurate a particular method is (which is what TA is, in essence), now *that's* just silly....

You have your head firmly stuck up your arse, and it's not my job to help you pull it out. I'm done on this topic.

It's hard to understand how one can translate "common sense about market growth and product demand" into "intuition", but people here tend to see things "their own way" Tongue
Bought at 200, because there was strong belief among people that the Chinese government is actually pro-bitcoin and sees it as a tool to fight the dollar. Sold it at 1020 when that belief broke and Chinese government declared that they don't want to see any business activity in China involving bitcoin. Bought at 613 because I recognized the ongoing pump to be a legit buy of a big amount of coins, sold when the pump faded. Haven't seen a pump like that since November.
This is what I meant by common sense.
The thing with TA is that it tries to follow trend on presumption that the previous week/month/year is similar to the present one. I think that the crypto market is too dynamic for that and you have to roll with whatever is presently thrown at you. Right now I prefer to stay in fiat because I don't see a strong enough reason for demand to grow with the market. The popular argument is that bitcoin will grow because of the infrastructure built around it. I see that most of the infrastructure hasn't been built around bitcoin, but around the general idea of independent digital currencies. For most of the services created, it's rather easy to just switch currencies, meaning they are not dependent on bitcoin, meaning that it isn't strong enough support for the bitcoin price.
Give me new successful exchanges in new untouched markets and I'll be back being bullish Smiley The will of the hodlers and the hopes of the line drawers aren't enough for me to see bitcoin as a good bet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: