Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:33:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer virus used to steal cryptos?  (Read 2182 times)
@oweljayr (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:54:19 PM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

Check out the link about this news I have red.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-nabs-crypto-thieves-social-120041067.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:55:05 PM

Authorities in Shandong province have arrested 20 individuals for hijacking 3.89 million personal computers as part of a rogue cryptocurrency mining operation since 2015 that netted more than 15 million yuan (US$2.26 million).

It's not possible for such a low amount to move the price that much.

As bitcoin and crypto gaining more adoption and the price increasing, holders should expect more sophisticated malware to steal coins. So, anyone having anything with a value > 1000$ should invest in a hardware wallet, you'll sleep better knowing your coins are safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:07:47 PM

He just shared free downloadable plug-ins in group chats and public forums and used the host computer to mine virtual currencies without the knowledge of the owner, maybe it can be possible and yahoo had provided such information might be a credibility to really trust this news, And Ordinary computer users was an easy targets by yang because they don’t regularly check up on their servers which may be scanned by hackers for vulnerabilities, So it can be possible.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:47:44 PM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

indeed it is one of the current bitcoin price reductions, crypto thieves attacking many markets so that krypto users experience anxiety and reduce trading volume

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ClaimMBTC

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:14:15 PM

Yes it can be happen if virus attached to our computer or laptop  sure hanker will stolen our data easily from our system so before installing  any app or software we have to check about that and we should have a anti in our system otherwise we will loss our data than easily hanker can take our crypto tokens with our database.

yyourboss

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:19:33 PM

These thieves are annoying. They can't promote community development, but bring negative things to the encrypted world.
SweetCryptoNews

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:19:45 PM

People are to blame for themselves, because they do not take sufficient protective measures for their computer and the crypto currency here absolutely at anything.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:52:16 PM

It's actually an interesting subjects of law and ethics. If you take advantage of someone's hardware without his knowledge, but at the same time you don't limit his abilities in any way, is it a crime? Many people whose computers were being used for mining didn't even notice and did not mine or plan to mine for themselves, so the hacker took advantage of their lack of knowledge and overall carelessness. He made money by using them, which is a bad thing, but he also did not make them lose money. Their computers were mining in the background only when these people were using them for other things, so they would be drawing power anyway at that given time whether they'd be infected or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:21:41 PM

Banks also have burglaries and clean accounts of money. Cryptocurrencies for a hacker are a tasty morsel. Especially since it is not an official currency and thefts are difficult to recover.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:28:11 PM

To store crypto currency you need to have protected device. The Cryptocurrency should remain anonymous, fast and with minimal commissions - for this the future

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:35:01 PM

Yes it can be happen if virus attached to our computer or laptop  sure hanker will stolen our data easily from our system so before installing  any app or software we have to check about that and we should have a anti in our system otherwise we will loss our data than easily hanker can take our crypto tokens with our database.
Yes that is right and we need to be too much careful and make some extra security to our wallets specially if we are using online wallet, where th chances of hacking your account is more. AS so many accident has already occurred, when all the exchanges are hacked, therefore they may be now providing extra security for their customers.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:43:28 PM

To store crypto currency you need to have protected device. The Cryptocurrency should remain anonymous, fast and with minimal commissions - for this the future

Offline storage for the win.
Ahsan Aly

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

Bitcoin is secure currency but it depends on your transactions, while putting some personal information or a private key. Or there are other different ways to steal cryptos. Just remember basic things like be aware from phishing sites. And i suggest reliable thing for big investors of BTC. They should use hardware wallets. It's just an opinion.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                     
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:33:02 PM

After the largest Exchange in China (Bithum), now the Hackers use a virus by utilizing online game sites to mine coins on a home computer. this is very loss to people, of course, electricity costs will become very expensive when used to mine. hopefully this problem can be quickly resolved.
domasal

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:37:49 PM

It's not just China, crypto based viruses are from all over the world. The Americans like to blame the North Koreans and the Russians, but it could really just be a teenage kid hacking from his bedroom in his parent's house, earning lots of illegally gained coins
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:58:41 PM

It's actually an interesting subjects of law and ethics. If you take advantage of someone's hardware without his knowledge, but at the same time you don't limit his abilities in any way, is it a crime?

I think it's usually a crime if you access someone's computer without authorization. In the US:
The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) is a United States cybersecurity bill that was enacted in 1986 as an amendment to existing computer fraud law (18 U.S.C. § 1030), which had been included in the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984. The law prohibits accessing a computer without authorization, or in excess of authorization.

Many people whose computers were being used for mining didn't even notice and did not mine or plan to mine for themselves, so the hacker took advantage of their lack of knowledge and overall carelessness. He made money by using them, which is a bad thing, but he also did not make them lose money. Their computers were mining in the background only when these people were using them for other things, so they would be drawing power anyway at that given time whether they'd be infected or not.

How much does CoinHive, etc. slow down your computer? Maybe they "paid" by suffering through slower processing times. Smiley

Balayashi

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:08:11 AM

It will always be hacks to steal money. It's not just in the crypto world. There will always be scams, hacks, hijacks etc, with or without crypto.
Even banks (traditional ones) are targets of hackers to steal money. The reson with value has nothing to do with that, it's a mix of stuff.

Just for example of what i was saying

https://thehackernews.com/2017/12/bank-hackers.html
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:13:32 AM

This is an interesting news, but personally I am much more worried by virus possibly designed to steal your wallets and / or your privare Keys. That would be much more lethal.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:14:52 AM

So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught. 
LOL that's an improper way of using your intelligence if you'll have this idea on your mind unless you really want to experience living behind the bars. You can say "IF" they will not be caught but not all the time you can flee from the authorities.

Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way. 
Better to eat with clean money. Don't get jealous if they become rich easily, fight a clean fight and work for yourselves in a clean way. Don't admire those people that are stealing others money.

Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..
More people selling bitcoin, value going down that's the reason.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:37:20 AM

It's possible but still the security of your assets depends on you.  That virus or any keyloger or malware can't inflict your computer if you will not click or download it to your computer. So always be vigilant not to fall in any free or giveaways and you need to install something on your computer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: