Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:07:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer virus used to steal cryptos?  (Read 2189 times)
charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:11:11 PM

These are some of the reasons why you have to take good suggestions on how how take care of your tokens/coins seriously. For example many experts suggest desktop wallets and more especially hardware wallet like Trezor to ensure the safety of your funds. 2FA authentications at trading sites, bookmarking the official websites of exchanges are all very good ways that make it hard for hackers to steals your crypto.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:14:35 PM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

Check out the link about this news I have red.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-nabs-crypto-thieves-social-120041067.html

oh that will get worse the more power cryptocurrencies achieve

i had my personal experiences

https://www.cryptoproductivity.com/single-post/2018/06/02/Coinmarketcap-lists-cryptocurrency-which-website-spreads-coinminervirus

Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

yes, there are many ways to do by a hacker to steal our assets. they can use the network access system, with airdrop, with computer viruses, with HYIP and with all the offer that is on our computer screen.

so, we better not respond anything that is not clear, because it is pishing.
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

Authorities in Shandong province have arrested 20 individuals for hijacking 3.89 million personal computers as part of a rogue cryptocurrency mining operation since 2015 that netted more than 15 million yuan (US$2.26 million).

It's not possible for such a low amount to move the price that much.

As bitcoin and crypto gaining more adoption and the price increasing, holders should expect more sophisticated malware to steal coins. So, anyone having anything with a value > 1000$ should invest in a hardware wallet, you'll sleep better knowing your coins are safe.
that could be true.  Viruses can be their way of hacking and stealing bitcoin.  having an advanced technology,  it is possible that it is their way of stealing our hard earned coins

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

Yes , a virus or malware can steal your info . Install keylog on your PC , etc . There are lot of thing a virus can do , so be wary when venturing the internet . i suggest you get a pc dedicated only to crypto transactions that is if your a bigtime player . Use a different PC for browsing or doing your day-to-day stuff in the internet , for you might not know it you already downloaded a virus embedded on some random files out there

djcounter

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

The overall bitcoin system is non-hackable. Bitcoin security is more than any other banking system. In my opinion,  scam projects are the main factor behind the failure to grow bitcoin.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:15:04 PM

Authorities in Shandong province have arrested 20 individuals for hijacking 3.89 million personal computers as part of a rogue cryptocurrency mining operation since 2015 that netted more than 15 million yuan (US$2.26 million).

It's not possible for such a low amount to move the price that much.

As bitcoin and crypto gaining more adoption and the price increasing, holders should expect more sophisticated malware to steal coins. So, anyone having anything with a value > 1000$ should invest in a hardware wallet, you'll sleep better knowing your coins are safe.
that could be true.  Viruses can be their way of hacking and stealing bitcoin.  having an advanced technology,  it is possible that it is their way of stealing our hard earned coins
Well rhat's a fact. Anything you have online can be compromised with hacker becoming more and more sophisticated with the times. I agree in investing in an offline wallet since that's basically your best option to secure your coins. Spending for an offline wallet that's a lot more secure than an online wallet is logical if you keep a lot of btcs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

It will worsen as bitcoin gets mass adoption. Better keep a percentage of your hard-earned bitcoin for a purchase of a hardware wallet. Believe me, it will make things easier and safer for you.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

Bitcoin coming out is probably the greatest boon to black hat hackers ever. It gave them away to directly steal from people and monetize their skill set. Obviously it's inexcusable behavior and such, but it's totally expected.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:51:42 PM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

Where there is money involved there will be scams involved too. There are hundreds of phishing websites out there which steal people's data in order to steal money from them. Some softwares replace the copied address with theirs and some browsers are coded that they automatically start browser mining in your PC. Some websites also start the browser mining process in the background. We have to be careful in what we do when it comes to crypto  or else we might loose all that we have.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
riptv

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

Those viruses are very dangerous really , we have to be careful and look after our PC or laptops  Lips sealed , but anyway I think people are being careful aboout this situatuions
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:05:22 PM

It will worsen as bitcoin gets mass adoption. Better keep a percentage of your hard-earned bitcoin for a purchase of a hardware wallet. Believe me, it will make things easier and safer for you.

I just bought a Ledger Nano hardware wallet,I am also alarmed by those viruses, malwares or keylogger that steals your info/private keys. I think its good to have a hardware wallet for security. Last year it was the ransomware that scares many. This people will ryto exhaust all means just to steal our crypto assets, be always mindful of it.

Open for Campaigns
hardip567

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:13:32 PM

Yes it can be These incidents happen negligently Do not install good antivirus
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:34:16 PM

So many cryptocurrencies stealing methods by the hackers. That is why I don't click on any link whose source I don't know again. I received so many attractive emails directing me to click on links but I refused, no matter how attractive. Some airdrop are also used for this stealing nowadays because the forms ask for personal information that can easily help the hackers.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:35:54 PM

As we know , ransonware ever attack on people's computer and request bitcoin as their ransom.
It's unevitable in crypo world but we can prevent it happen by always keep your computer's antivirus up to date !

Preventation is better than cure !

Smiley
AnthonyLa

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:49:26 PM

First of all i don't believe it at all because it is quite impossible and there are a lot of ways in order to make our coin safe. So, it is not a subject to worry.
Veronika94

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:24:18 PM

Not surprisingly, they invented such a virus.  The crypt becomes more popular and it gives an opportunity to earn hackers.
nagasaking

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:44:36 PM

Regular computers are easy targets by those because they don't regularly check their servers that may be scanned by hackers for vulnerabilities, so that's possible.
thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:22:29 PM

I always prefer to hear about computer genius who are attending to protect the security system they are called the white hats, but the sad truth is that they are rarely at the same time as black hats are most common.
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:06:26 PM

I don't think can cause this present dip or dip to Bitcoin. Price falls  are caused
By movement of huge funds that are way more than this front the Crypto market. It will be good of hackers and thieves can be nabbed in the Crypto industry. Kyc will be a good end solution .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: