Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are not independent!  (Read 512 times)
sunlitit654

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:05:52 PM

Yes, you are right. The price of altcoins are dependent on the price of Bitcoin. When the price of Bitcoin falls, the price of other altcoin falls well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:42:15 PM

Actually there is no formal documents based on which we can say that altcoins are dependent but it has been noted from the past that altcoins always follow bitcoin. So we can say that altcoins are dependent on bitcoin based on the previous experience. This proves that bitcoin is the market leader.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:45:48 PM

I agree to that. The altcoin price is highly being driven by the general market mood which is usually set by BTC price action. Market is pretty amateur right now and altcoins don't yet move independently but according to the most dominant currency, BTC. I have seen EOS and TRX didn't move at all when there was the mainnet release because the general market conception was bearish.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:48:27 PM

Yes
I think you are right that altcoins are not independent
But your subject does not correlate your content of post

It is impossible for Etherum to clock 15,000$, let’s hope for at least 1200$
Because the market for Etherum is desperate and dumping occurs daily
metallikingz

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:52:34 PM

The problem in here is that everybody is using altcoins for making money, most of them do not even care about the technology or the progress that a single coin is having, they just want money and that is all.. So, it is all an entire cycle

● BlockAIp   
▄▀      A Decentralized Social Networking and Media Platform     ▀▄
▄▀  Whitepapper  | OneP | Presentation | Bounty  | Twitter  | Telegram    ▀▄
TommyJr

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:11:04 PM

Not only altcoin in this crypto market so many coins are depend on bitcoin price. Because bitcoin is the market leader. That’s why other coins are follows their strategy.
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:45:45 PM

Yes your this information will help the newbies as they dont know about this stuffs and I agree with your fact that altcoins are not independent. They always depend on the value of bitcoin whether it is low or high.

Balorck

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:37:50 PM

I'm more interested in another question . from what bitcoin is repelled why there was such a rise and now such a rapid decline
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:52:43 PM

as uses with returns of tasks of moderation following movement of drawing with chart on market, trader to defines of decision as disputing selection of option to begins or keeping of position and returns with spares on challenge as the relative of shifts with different on exchange as the business on crypto finance with the bitcoin trading.

DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:41:46 PM

I am seeing lots of similar questions being raised in altcoin section and I might say that most of these people don't even bother do their own research before raising a question or they are just started their journey in cryptocurrency. They should call is a correction and not a crash or that altcoin they are referring to is dead. The price of an altcoin depends on technical and fundamental results.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 03:47:17 PM

There are couple of simple rules on this market. If no new money are coming, something will surge like we see now, alts are going to hell. When BTC stops, price is keeping on the same level and people start to take some profits from BTC and buy alts. When BTC get dump, people sell alts as well.

buwad suka sili

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:53:42 PM

How many studying this forum, I see a lot of topics, such as:
"Ethereum is dead?"
"Achieving Etherium$ 15,000 or more this year?"
"The price of Litecoin will reach 400?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions.. I want to give an explanation of what is happening... Everyone should understand that individually neither Etherium nor Litecoin, virtually no cryptocurrency will not go against the General mood of the market! That is, where the most important cryptocurrency Bitcoin is sent, all Altcoins follow it. And if now the price of Etherium is 430$, although at the peak reached 1440$, then this does not mean that the Etherium died, and this is primarily due to the fact that Bitcoin at the moment is not worth 20000$, as then, but 6000$. And only Bitcoin begins to come to life, once the entire market is green. I understand that for many this is not news, but I hope this information will be useful to someone...

But what happen recently that bitcoin price is seems to a bull run and the price of all altcoin is still a negative results so I will conclude that these are an independent Coin.
sofmyhad

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:57:38 PM

And it wasn't a secret. Every element on the cryptomarket is connected with others and this relation supports cryptocurrencies' development on the market.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

"Ethereum is dead?"
"Why is EOS falling?"And many similar questions.. I want to give an explanation of what is happening... Everyone should understand that individually neither Etherium nor Litecoin, virtually no cryptocurrency will not go against the General mood of the market! That is, where the most important cryptocurrency Bitcoin is sent, all Altcoins follow it. And if now the price of Etherium is 430$, although at the peak reached 1440$, then this does not mean that the Etherium died, and this is primarily due to the fact that Bitcoin at the moment is not worth 20000$, as then, but 6000$. And only Bitcoin begins to come to life, once the entire market is green. I understand that for many this is not news, but I hope this information will be useful to someone...

It is truth and all cryptocurrencies and altcoins are depending on btc.  That is why when bitcoin is increasing in price it drag all other one along and when it is getting dump all other coins also get dump.  It means when you want to invest in altcoins you have to Look at the bitcoin reactions to events in the market.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:04:46 AM

NO, the company of whose group in alternative coins are independent.
They are not depending on other companies because their management provides operation for the generation of their income.
Abrefatotherescue

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:13:10 AM

Altcoins are actually not independent. Think they rely on the btc price action. That's why when the BTC price falls it affects the altcoins too.
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:20:04 AM

"Ethereum is dead?"

a lot of information or news that continues to circulate and develop bad news and even the most important good news for me is the confidence with the coins that we have of course based on great patience also in the investment
steins19

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:34:23 AM

I believed that all coins in the market are dependent not on BTC itself but on the factors that affect its value. These factors can be news, fear factor, mutual influence, political factor, etc. These factors greatly affect the value of each coin. So basically its like a domino if one fell then that makes it for all of them.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 08:52:09 AM

This is strange for me. When I started to trade crypto alts were independent and I was able to trade. Now they are going by BTC. Hope we will see normal prices on BTC around 3-4 000 and a normal market as it was before this pump to 20000 usd.

kreon112

Activity: 102

Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:55:29 PM

And you are totally right because alternative cryptocurrencies depend on Btc and so on. This symbiosis is  a good way to be independent for crypto but these disadvantages are too important.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: