Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:46:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 28nm 1T ASIC new system is good for market?  (Read 6771 times)
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:05:55 AM

For some mining has become pure hobby after being unable to make any significant ROI.
I also think that some veteran miners who have 1-6 Th/s now, feel they have made their investment back on what they have.  So it's easy to look at the btc you are still producing and call it free money.  So they just buy it.  It's not like they have to pull money out of their checking account to buy it.  One to two weeks of mining will get them the purchase price and then they have another 1 Th/s, or maybe more.

Sadly, the real payday is when you sell all your miners.  As  long as you don't wait too long.
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:58:26 AM

Following and hoping for a reasonable price.  
Delivery in one month will only earn about $3000 USD over the next 12 months.
Right now it's way too high.

How did you come to these numbers?
One more calc, 20% increase on first retarget period, then decreasing each step by 3%, and still number do not show any profit, earnings $3800.
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=3129573175&dcosts=8000&diff_mincrease=20&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=1000000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=600&dpowcon=1000&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.15&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=4&action=calc
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:46:34 AM

I believe this is the 1TH pre-order mentioned a couple of times on alibaba.com - price seems to match. 6000$

... but I still don't see how this would ever break even. @ 25% diff increments and free electricity I see a loss of 2BTC after two years...

How long do you think the diff will keep its current increment pace? How long do you think the bitcoin will stay in its current price level?

If you do not see the future value of bitcoin, bitcoin mining is always a game of losing money even when the bitcoin reach $10,000, because if you jumped in when it is at $10,000, the diff is not the current level, your calculation still show a loss. If you jumped in now, you will gain profit with the increasing of the bitcoin value in the near future. What if the bitcoin price goes up to $2000, $5000, $10000, $100,000? if you doubt it, check back how much the bitocoin price is 6 months ago, 12 months ago,24 months ago.

The point right now is to find a reliable miner as soon as possible, which is what I am looking for. My research show me that this is the first real 28nm 1T miner which is currently running in a mining pool and very stable from their running status shown in the past two weeks. It is claimed as 3rd generation of 28nm miners, and from the power consumption level (900W) and running stability of the first 60T miner, I think it is very promising. Until I see other companies could put their 28nm miners running and show me reliability, I would put my trust in this one.

If the miners can get US by the end of March, it will be a sweet deal for the price. Let's see when this company will setup their website for ordering from USA.

+1.   Guy probably used mining genesis with default values.

Well, even if you type in fantasy numbers you end up on the losing end. I am curious though since there is a lot of old members that are throwing themselves at the new miners that seems to come out soon around 1 TH/s. They either know something I don't, use a different calculator or are just too rich to care.

They buy, use it for about a month and sell it.
This is the ONLY way you can make money in mining.
Constant upgrades and sales.
Just my 0.02BTC
AndersAA

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:58:47 AM

I believe this is the 1TH pre-order mentioned a couple of times on alibaba.com - price seems to match. 6000$

... but I still don't see how this would ever break even. @ 25% diff increments and free electricity I see a loss of 2BTC after two years...

How long do you think the diff will keep its current increment pace? How long do you think the bitcoin will stay in its current price level?

If you do not see the future value of bitcoin, bitcoin mining is always a game of losing money even when the bitcoin reach $10,000, because if you jumped in when it is at $10,000, the diff is not the current level, your calculation still show a loss. If you jumped in now, you will gain profit with the increasing of the bitcoin value in the near future. What if the bitcoin price goes up to $2000, $5000, $10000, $100,000? if you doubt it, check back how much the bitocoin price is 6 months ago, 12 months ago,24 months ago.

The point right now is to find a reliable miner as soon as possible, which is what I am looking for. My research show me that this is the first real 28nm 1T miner which is currently running in a mining pool and very stable from their running status shown in the past two weeks. It is claimed as 3rd generation of 28nm miners, and from the power consumption level (900W) and running stability of the first 60T miner, I think it is very promising. Until I see other companies could put their 28nm miners running and show me reliability, I would put my trust in this one.

If the miners can get US by the end of March, it will be a sweet deal for the price. Let's see when this company will setup their website for ordering from USA.

LOL - If you expect the BTC price to go up significantly you shouldn't mine! You should just BUY bitcoins!
There's no reason to mine if it's a better deal to just buy coins and hold Smiley
ujka

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:04:30 AM

Agree. Buy and hold. If you count only on significantly btc price increase.
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=3129573175&dcosts=8000&diff_mincrease=20&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=1000000&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=600&dpowcon=1000&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.15&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=4&action=calc
Ronin1

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

Suggest you send a unit to a Trustworthy senior member of the community for testing and validation of your product.
Someone like GreaterNinja would be a good choice. I think a lot of people here would agree that he and his team at Ninjatech
have an establised business reputation for reliability, honesty, and technical proficiency within the community.
He could provide feedback to the community.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

I also think that some veteran miners who have 1-6 Th/s now, feel they have made their investment back on what they have.  So it's easy to look at the btc you are still producing and call it free money.  So they just buy it.  It's not like they have to pull money out of their checking account to buy it.  One to two weeks of mining will get them the purchase price and then they have another 1 Th/s, or maybe more.

Bingo.

A lot of us already have the coins.  We're not using fiat to buy more miners, so the idea of just buying btc instead is moot.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:07:48 PM

I also think that some veteran miners who have 1-6 Th/s now, feel they have made their investment back on what they have.  So it's easy to look at the btc you are still producing and call it free money.  So they just buy it.  It's not like they have to pull money out of their checking account to buy it.  One to two weeks of mining will get them the purchase price and then they have another 1 Th/s, or maybe more.

Bingo.

A lot of us already have the coins.  We're not using fiat to buy more miners, so the idea of just buying btc instead is moot.

The flipside of that is however that each purchase must be carefully vetted to return at least the same number of BTC as invested or why bother in the first place.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

Suggest you send a unit to a Trustworthy senior member of the community for testing and validation of your product.
Someone like GreaterNinja would be a good choice. I think a lot of people here would agree that he and his team at Ninjatech
have an establised business reputation for reliability, honesty, and technical proficiency within the community.
*not blatantly a shill account*

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

Bingo.

The flipside of that is however that each purchase must be carefully vetted to return at least the same number of BTC as invested or why bother in the first place.

Absolutely.
ZipTheRip

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:47:49 PM

+1
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:27:03 PM

well

there is some gay bastards like loshia and dropt who just here to waste people s time and feed their posts with gay proposals

i want just to suggest them to get a room and finish whatever dirty job they want to do and leave forumers alone

thanks
skyfromwell (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:33:25 PM

+1

I am in contact with them now.
MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:48:41 PM

Bingo.

A lot of us already have the coins.  We're not using fiat to buy more miners, so the idea of just buying btc instead is moot.

Why does it matter if you use fiat or BTC when it's still a net loss? Pay 10 btc to mine 5 btc or pay 8k that you could buy 12 btc for. Not that i'm telling people not to buy miners. I realllly want to start mining but I can't really find a calculator that makes me a winner doing so, if I did I would buy in a heartbeat  Cheesy
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:51:49 PM

Bingo.

A lot of us already have the coins.  We're not using fiat to buy more miners, so the idea of just buying btc instead is moot.

Why does it matter if you use fiat or BTC when it's still a net loss? Pay 10 btc to mine 5 btc or pay 8k that you could buy 12 btc for. Not that i'm telling people not to buy miners. I realllly want to start mining but I can't really find a calculator that makes me a winner doing so, if I did I would buy in a heartbeat  Cheesy

well it seems gay pride members like dropt and loshia doesnt know how to count
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:20:46 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:31:35 AM by greaterninja

+1
Although, I do know Ronin, he does not work for NinjaTech and we do not hire or direct him to be publicly supportive of us.

NinjaTech has quite a few customers who are very supportive of our business, just view my webstore thread.  

As far as other things, Skyfromwell and NinjaTech have engaged in dialogue.  We have yet to verify their product.  So I do not advise engaging in business yet.  We hope to have a mutually beneficial relationship if we do find them to be legitimate.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:29:22 PM

Bingo.

Not every option is a net loss.   You just have to have enough knowledge to make predictions you're confident in and jump on the deals when they're around.

Most of the people who bought Antminer S1's are going to make BTC -> BTC +ROI.  I'll hit mine in less than 20 days on 1.4TH worth.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:12:04 AM

precisely... antminers were best decision i ever made in terms of investing into miners.. managed to get extra coins and sell for a profit when the time was right.. truly grateful to bitmain for being considerate to its customer unlike friedcat who buttf..ked noobs whenever there was a chance...

Bingo.

Not every option is a net loss.   You just have to have enough knowledge to make predictions you're confident in and jump on the deals when they're around.

Most of the people who bought Antminer S1's are going to make BTC -> BTC +ROI.  I'll hit mine in less than 20 days on 1.4TH worth.
ujka

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:53:14 AM

Not accusing, just read and be carefull everyone:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.msg5332118#msg5332118
heavenstar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:43:32 AM

Not accusing, just read and be carefull everyone:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.msg5332118#msg5332118

The message in chinese in that post seems fake to me. It feels like they are originally written in english and get translated into chinese using google translate. I am wondering who is really playing black PR or get paid for bad review here,  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: