Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs in 2017 Were Scams!  (Read 351 times)
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:10:38 PM

80% scams in which way, as in like leaving with all the money right away (like a planned scam) or did they just not manage to deliver?

My guess they are talking about planned scams and technically failed ICOs that never refunded their investors.

that sounds logical, well, technically failed ICOs - should/could the money really be redunded? in a sense it was collected to fund a project, if it then fails, it's not really fair to get the oney back as the money was supposedly used in the first place?  Huh

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Thai19

Activity: 360
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:46:58 PM

I think that's true, in 2018 I think the number of phishing projects is not less than 80%, so you need to be vigilant to avoid making yourself a victim of fraud.
SeXy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

Actually it's the actuality, they flight ICO emblematizing particular lone point, cue bread from us, abaft that they cue vaporize.
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:46:18 PM

Certainly there will be fewer ICOs in 2018. Because everyone has experience in identifying which ICO is Scam. So it is very hard for the scam ICO to appear at this time. But with this market ICO good and quality also can not survive
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

It based on their research, about my research : yeah there are so many scam projects but at same time there are few good projects that get poor attention from people. I think there will be less ICO ini 2019, and investors run away with disappoinment.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:01:11 PM

Stunning research about ICO market comes from Cointelegraph:

A recent study prepared by ICO advisory firm Statis Group revealed that more than 80 percent of initial coin offerings (ICOs) conducted in 2017 were identified as scams. The study took into consideration the lifecycle of ICOs run in 2017, from the initial proposal of a sale availability to the most mature phase of trading on a crypto exchange.

Read more at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

So what about year 2018, will it bring us more of scam ICOs or less?

I based it on my experience, yes a lot of ICO are scams, some of them are paused, some didn't pay bounty hunters and most of them failed to enter the market, and if they managed to get in the market, the price is very low compared to when you bought it in their ICO stage and there could be more scam project this year because majority of the investors are so picky.

1cak

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:02:37 PM

it is undeniable that 2017 is a phenomenal year for ico and cryptocurrency, but between some good and potential ico, some of them are ico scams but not up to 80%
Pamplelune (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:15:20 PM

it is undeniable that 2017 is a phenomenal year for ico and cryptocurrency, but between some good and potential ico, some of them are ico scams but not up to 80%
From my experience over 70% of ICOs failed by some reason and about 70% of failed ICOs were just a pure scams.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: