Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are some people still skeptical about climate change?  (Read 22115 times)
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 05:20:19 PM

As far as I know, the production of beef contributes the most to the pollution and climate change due to the fact that in order to feed and grow a cow a lot resources are being utilized . Giving away on burgers alone would make a great impact.

You mean giving up Grin I see many doing it already on this thread, it is tiresome when honest discussions turn to personal ridiculing.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:59:39 PM

Maybe you meant there is no deductive proof but the association of combustion--->CO2----> warming is solid

Of course but TECSHARE is simply denying that.
There are proof for temperature rise, CO2 levels and human activity producing CO2. There aren't any data for the link between the two simply because such data can't possibly exist. And all his argumentation is to say that the linked aren't proven because there is no data which is a complete logical fallacy of course.

But I already tried this way so I'm trying another right now. I have few hopes but well...

As far as I am concerned you lost the argument from the get go with your unscientific statements which when reminded of, you responded with ad hominem insults.

Any idea how ridiculous that is?
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 09:23:12 AM

As far as I am concerned you lost the argument from the get go with your unscientific statements which when reminded of, you responded with ad hominem insults.

Any idea how ridiculous that is?

Less ridiculous than considering science is built through empirical data I hope.

What do you do when a blind man is saying you're wrong about the color of a picture? Do you have any idea how exhausting it is to explain to a child something while he's denying it simply because he decided he won't listen? This is exactly what's happening here.

You have the balls to claim a worldwide scientific consensus is false and based on unscientific evidences and reasonning while thousands of studies and professionnals have diligently digged up the subject.

You're the one claiming 94% of the scientist of our planet are wrong about what science is about.

How ridiculous is that?

You talk about it being a cult while you refuse to act any near to a scientifical way. You refuse evidences that are considered as accurate and satisfactory by pretty much anyone without justifying yourselves. Then you refuse to answer what evidence you would consider admissible because "the burden of proof is on the one making the claim".

How ridiculous is that?

If you weren't in a country where a degree needs to go in debt maybe you would have had the occasion to actually go to school and educate yourself. Then maybe you wouldn't say such nonsense as "empirical data is the core of science" which is both false and an insult to all the scientists.

But hey, I'm the one who is ridiculous I guess?

Though I'm not the one acting exactly like a religious fanatic saying "but where is the proof that god doesn't exist?" Because that's what you're doing here. "Where is the empirical proof linking CO2, human activities and climate change?" is not a valid question simply because there can't be a proof. You ask for empirical data, "not theory, not simulation, real data" well guess what? The only way to obtain such data would be to clone our universe and observe it without humans.

So either educate yourself or stop trying to act like scientist. You're fanatics, not scientists, and you're acting EXACTLY like flat earthers or evolution denyers.
-> going against a global scientific consensus without pointing at scientific incoherences
-> refusing evidences without any reasons
-> claiming those evidences are "not enough" exactly like evolution denyers asks for "the missing link"
-> refusing to say "this evidence would convince me" because you know damn well there would be someone to find it considering the amount of work done in the field.

How ridiculous is that?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:18:33 PM

ALL SCIENTISTS... GLOBALLY... mmkay. I will let you have fun on a snipe hunt trying to source that like a good little monkey. Now go... source your claim Mr. smarty pants.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:25:31 PM

ALL SCIENTISTS... GLOBALLY... mmkay. I will let you have fun on a snipe hunt trying to source that like a good little monkey. Now go... source your claim Mr. smarty pants.

Like... That was litteraly my post one page ago?

Just to remind you you're a bit alone here.
http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-5-evolution-climate-change-and-other-issues/

94% of scientists agree that global warming is real and 84% that it's human based.

How does it feel to be in the same bag as people claiming Earth is flat or evolution is a lie?

Do you suffer from short term memory loss? Cause that would explain a lot.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:30:22 PM

http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-5-evolution-climate-change-and-other-issues/

94% of scientists agree that global warming is real and 84% that it's human based.

How does it feel to be in the same bag as people claiming Earth is flat or evolution is a lie?

Quote me exactly the line from your source please where it says 94% scientists globally support your claim. This is your claim... you produce it.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:32:16 PM

Quote me exactly the line from your source please where it says 94% scientists globally support your claim. This is your claim... you produce it.

No. I'm done with you. If you can't even read a 5 pages academic source there is NO WAY you can engage in a scientific debate.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:35:15 PM

Last time I checked 84+10=94

Read the article he posted again.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:36:55 PM

You know, I keep reading it over and over again, and I don't see any reference to globally...
Kiir

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:38:00 PM

I have no idea how, why and how much the climate is changing, but I KNOW this:

cca 25 years ago, we had snow from like mid November to February (Ofc, not the WHOLE time, all the time, but there was a lot of it).

For the last....10 years or so?  If I see snow for more than a week (and that's like 1-3 times per WINTER), I'm shocked
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:38:22 PM

No it's pointless.

Give it up. I should have done it years ago... But everytime I tell myself "ok this time you stop answering this pitty individual" he goes on with something bigger.

The worst thing is that contrary to BADECKER he doesn't have the honesty to say he's just being a religious fanatic. He tries to argue there is some sccientific logic behind what he says and he spits so much NONSENSE about scientific methodology and science in general...

My years of studies in scientific field and the tons of people I know currently doing research is just making me eager to kick his ass for his disrespect...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:42:33 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 02:10:49 PM by TECSHARE

No it's pointless.

Give it up. I should have done it years ago... But everytime I tell myself "ok this time you stop answering this pitty individual" he goes on with something bigger.

The worst thing is that contrary to BADECKER he doesn't have the honesty to say he's just being a religious fanatic. He tries to argue there is some sccientific logic behind what he says and he spits so much NONSENSE about scientific methodology and science in general...

My years of studies in scientific field and the tons of people I know currently doing research is just making me eager to kick his ass for his disrespect...

Yes, scientific methodology is such nonsense right? xD  You know people who do research...well gee I guess their knowledge is magically imparted to you now isn't it?

Ah yes, right as you are faced with admitting your statistic does not represent the "global consensus" you claimed it did, now you "give up", again, for like the 5th time now... uh huh.

Buddy, if you ever even set eyes on me you would turn tail and run.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:59:32 PM

You know, I keep reading it over and over again, and I don't see any reference to globally...

Scientists do live outside of America.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 02:02:42 PM

Learn to read and get back to me.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 02:11:36 PM

You just like to argue with random people on the Internet, for no apparent reason.  Do you need validation?
Is that it?

As for the article, it says 94% of scientists agree that global warming is happening.

I think we are done here.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 02:15:52 PM

You just like to argue with random people on the Internet, for no apparent reason.  Do you need validation?
Is that it?

As for the article, it says 94% of scientists agree that global warming is happening.

I think we are done here.

Sigh... its sad that so many lazy and or ignorant people demand to be spoon fed all the time rather than actually taking the time to analyze really simple stuff. I promise using your brain stops hurting after a while once you get used to it.

He is claiming that his source represents a GLOBAL consensus among scientists, which is not at all what his source says. His source is a POLL of a small portion of ONLY AMERICAN scientists, but not like any of you take the time to read your own sources right?

Yes, we are done here.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:21:08 PM

Sigh... its sad that so many lazy and or ignorant people demand to be spoon fed all the time rather than actually taking the time to analyze really simple stuff. I promise using your brain stops hurting after a while once you get used to it.

He is claiming that his source represents a GLOBAL consensus among scientists, which is not at all what his source says. His source is a POLL of a small portion of ONLY AMERICAN scientists, but not like any of you take the time to read your own sources right?

Yes, we are done here.

Omg do you know how scientific fields actually work? ><

Just... Just...

Oh man I don't know anymore.

Ok let's say you're right. Only American scientists believe that global warming is man made. Rest of the world is probably believing something else. I don't care at this point, in sight of so much bad faith no one can do anything. It's litteraly impossible.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 02:24:36 PM

Yes, we are done here.

Omg do you know how scientific fields actually work? ><

Just... Just...

Oh man I don't know anymore.

Ok let's say you're right. Only American scientists believe that global warming is man made. Rest of the world is probably believing something else. I don't care at this point, in sight of so much bad faith no one can do anything. It's litteraly impossible.

Un-giving up so soon? My point is you are lazy and you don't even bother to read YOUR OWN SOURCE material, and claim it says things it does not say. Probably doesn't matter, what matters is YOU are making the claim and YOU have the burden of proof. Just guessing and assuming is not science.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:27:55 PM

Un-giving up so soon? My point is you are lazy and you don't even bother to read YOUR OWN SOURCE material, and claim it says things it does not say. Probably doesn't matter, what matters is YOU are making the claim and YOU have the burden of proof. Just guessing and assuming is not science.

No no I'm not debating. You're completely right. My source doesn't support anything. It's useless and has no link to my claim. You're right on everything you've said.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 02:31:53 PM

No no I'm not debating. You're completely right. My source doesn't support anything. It's useless and has no link to my claim. You're right on everything you've said.

Well I am glad you can passive aggressively, and in a sad attempt at sarcasm admit that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: