Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am having problems trying to get refund from AvalonShenzhen  (Read 2951 times)
blackheart13

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:32:03 PM

It is difficult.  Being new to the forum I didn't realized that the OP could delete and edit within the post.  Surprised that it doesn't stay in group buy longer when a number of people were scammed.  Unfortunately I ordered 10.  

Obviously posting on the trust rating a negative as soon as you are in doubt of a buy being legit is a must to save others.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:51:59 AM

I posted in this section  and neg trusted him before. but my accusation fell to deaf ears. it saddens me to say i told you so. but thats how it is. :/

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:58:26 AM

I got taken in this one too...same reason....I see previous buys that look like they went well...see senior members involved....NO threads saying hey this guy is a thief...
Fuck my fucking life.

another 1.1 btc gone forever.

and I'm getting tired of hearing 'use your own brain'...its quite obvious that this entire website is little more than a front for these thieves.  This place is a haven for crooks who get protection FROM the site.

What is the IP Address(s) of this POS?   bitcointalk won't tell us!
The very idea of these 'self moderated' threads are conducive to these scams.

The fucking site is AT BEST allowing these people to rip us off...at worst they are involved and profiting from it.

I'm fucking sick of this shit.

And then the site MOVES the topic into scam accusations because as we all know what's REALLY IMPORTANT is to not have off topic shit in the Groupbuy section

How about NOT moving ANOTHER fucking thread about ANOTHER fucking thief that YOU are protecting assholes....

I wonder how long it will take before this gets deleted???
There were no senior members involved. You may have thought there were, but you didn't do your due diligence (read above- they were made up names). I appreciate the fact you are upset, every normal person would be, but this is not the way to react. You're yelling at the people who tried to help out by painting his trust red and getting the mods involved.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:05:05 AM

the best that anyone can do is to neg trust him

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:06:46 AM

I got taken in this one too...same reason....I see previous buys that look like they went well...see senior members involved....NO threads saying hey this guy is a thief...
Fuck my fucking life.

another 1.1 btc gone forever.

and I'm getting tired of hearing 'use your own brain'...its quite obvious that this entire website is little more than a front for these thieves.  This place is a haven for crooks who get protection FROM the site.

What is the IP Address(s) of this POS?   bitcointalk won't tell us!
The very idea of these 'self moderated' threads are conducive to these scams.

The fucking site is AT BEST allowing these people to rip us off...at worst they are involved and profiting from it.

I'm fucking sick of this shit.

And then the site MOVES the topic into scam accusations because as we all know what's REALLY IMPORTANT is to not have off topic shit in the Groupbuy section

How about NOT moving ANOTHER fucking thread about ANOTHER fucking thief that YOU are protecting assholes....

I wonder how long it will take before this gets deleted???
There were no senior members involved. You may have thought there were, but you didn't do your due diligence (read above- they were made up names). I appreciate the fact you are upset, every normal person would be, but this is not the way to react. You're yelling at the people who tried to help out by painting his trust red and getting the mods involved.

Funny thing: He got taken in another GB, now he has a small refund with promises of more and he's now "giving the benefit of a doubt". Curious. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457802.20

Quote from: iglasses on February 10, 2014, 10:22:41 PM
I posted this in my thread but mrugala asked me to post in here as well.  I have been sent back .2BTC and he wants to know how much more he owes me.

I think as of right now we have to take this man at his word.  I see a few other posts in this thread that look similar to mine.

I posted this in my thread but mrugala asked me to post in here as well.  I have been sent back .2BTC and he wants to know how much more he owes me.

I think as of right now we have to take this man at his word.  I see a few other posts in this thread that look similar to mine.

Sickness or not, where are the funds from the group buy? If they are sitting safe, what not a full refund ASAP? If these funds were used for any other purpose, no matter the circumstances, that is FRAUD.

What we are being told is that he met someone in person and he was beaten and robbed and as a result the BTC from the groupbuy was taken (that's why he is going the refund route instead of just sending the cards).  He will now payback those who are entitled but he has to do it out of his own pocket and that will take several months.

I agree it is a rather fantastic tale and I can't verify it or dismiss it out of hand.  I did receive a small amount back and am being told the rest will follow.  Right now that is all that I know.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:22:30 AM

The plot thickens!
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:32:39 AM

The plot thickens!

There's no plot...I was unlucky enough to get taken twice.  In the first one I got back a tiny amount of what I lost and I still have no idea why if the guy got away with it he would refund anything.  I was trying to remain civil with the guy in an attempt to recover my lost money.  There's nothing more to it than that.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:48:16 AM

The plot thickens!

There's no plot...I was unlucky enough to get taken twice.  In the first one I got back a tiny amount of what I lost and I still have no idea why if the guy got away with it he would refund anything.  I was trying to remain civil with the guy in an attempt to recover my lost money.  There's nothing more to it than that.
I am glad you have calmed down. I sincerely hope your money gets returned. I also urge you and anyone else conducting business on these forums to please review TC's guide - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137288.0. Lots of time went into developing that for no other motive than to help out.

Best of luck in the future, iglasses.
zebtw

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:45:35 AM

Doubtful, but will the mods give out his access logs and reveal his ip information?
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:43:14 AM

They can't...they are too busy with more important forum business like moving off topic threads and deleting all traces of scammers from the site.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:51:35 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 05:08:09 PM by mine2slow

If you are from the US contact the FBI with all the details of the theft $50K theft is enough to get there attention.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/cyber

Other US cyber crime LE

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/

http://www.ice.gov/cyber-crimes/

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Feel free to add details for you're region.

Follow the money here > https://blockchain.info/address/e659a2b53fec5c8864213fe9af39b7aad6c0b825

return my stolen BTC 14rBip93ePwJMp3kiFgz2WJ424p3iUSpEG
jamesc760 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

"They can't...they are too busy with more important forum business like moving off topic threads and deleting all traces of scammers from the site."

Another reason why they can't:

They are too busy blaming regular members, "Grow and use your brains, read the TC guide, blah blah blah.
mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:02:06 PM

"They can't...they are too busy with more important forum business like moving off topic threads and deleting all traces of scammers from the site."

Another reason why they can't:

They are too busy blaming regular members, "Grow and use your brains, read the TC guide, blah blah blah.

Let the FED'S/RCMP/Whatever, do the dirty work. Members from other countries should post links to the LEO'S for that region.

Waiting for a website post in Scam Accusations prolly won't cut it. TAKE ACTION!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469680.0
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: