Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE-SALE] [AIRDROP] MapCoin | Driving the future of mapping technologies  (Read 1840 times)
MapCoin | AT

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:55:45 PM

Tasks included videos and geotagged pictures. Will people's voices be collected?
Do you plan to use that sound for research?

Also, can you use the reward of task we get with "MAPCOIN"?
For example, if you put a user who wishes to move the route on the task, I thought it would be nice if I paid this coin with reward.

Voice will not be collected at all. It is not required for mapping.

Rewarding people for driving and collecting data is exactly what we are going to do.
SirLion

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:04:04 PM

Is it going to be navigator with payable services?
mapcointoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:11:51 PM

No, our app functions more like a dash camera but it collects video and location data. This is then sent to us and we extract map data. Verified data will then be rewarded with MAP tokens.
kaido19

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:16:42 PM

is there any possibility of paying for a more detailed location? or fees for all in-app activities? mapcoin is indeed the latest breakthrough in the world of cryto, but is this not going to be a waste just to know a location? while the current gps can be done for free, wherever will go
JohnPierson

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:27:06 PM

It seems as a promising idea and the problem is clear. Do you have guys any centralized competitors? Why do you need your own token, what is the main advantage do you gain implementing it? Who are the main buyers of the data processed by MapCoin and what is the market size? Thanks and good luck  Wink

Hi, thanks for your questions

We don’t have big competitors atm, however, although it is really easy to to get into this space of data collection, true professional mapping data services require significant skills and experience to succeed. Only a few companies will have experienced teams to be able to process and analyse collected data as well as offering professional services on top. We are one of those.

Having our own token is key to us building out our tech, paying our data collectors, building support, driving marketing etc.

The main buyers are companies in the autonomous vehicles, mapping, smart cities, location spaces. The autonomous car market is expected to be worth
between $450 - $750billion dollars by 2030. By October 2017 already $80billion2 had been invested in autonomous cars, with the USA and China leading the market.

Thanks again

Thank you for your detailed response, it’s clear. In which countries do you plan do deploy your service first? And what is the estimation on how many active users do you need to effectively operate and cover city/country map? I think it should be expressed in MapCoin local users per local people or living are /length of roads. Thanks

It depends on the size and complexity of City and country, but for HD Maps, for tier-one city like London, Paris, New York, Shenzhen, HK, we need at least 4000-5000 active users to make it, smaller cities may require fewer. The reason for that is: for example Shenzhen city, in Shenzhen city there are around 19,000 taxis and 16,000 buses that cover all the city roads, For MapCoin 1/4 of the bus/taxi drivers is enough.

We will look to concentrate our efforts in major US cites, eg San Francisco, Germany and Korea. That being said users can collect download our app and start collecting data from any area.

I see, interesting model. Am I right that in big cities where taxi / public transpotr coverage is good you are going to partner with these bus/taxi service providers instead of attracting ordinary citizens? Thanks again for your answers
mapcointoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:31:34 PM

It seems as a promising idea and the problem is clear. Do you have guys any centralized competitors? Why do you need your own token, what is the main advantage do you gain implementing it? Who are the main buyers of the data processed by MapCoin and what is the market size? Thanks and good luck  Wink

We don’t have big competitors atm, however, although it is really easy to to get into this space of data collection, true professional mapping data services require significant skills and experience to succeed. Only a few companies will have experienced teams to be able to process and analyse collected data as well as offering professional services on top. We are one of those.

Having our own token is key to us building out our tech, paying our data collectors, building support, driving marketing etc.

The main buyers are companies in the autonomous vehicles, mapping, smart cities, location spaces. The autonomous car market is expected to be worth
between $450 - $750billion dollars by 2030. By October 2017 already $80billion2 had been invested in autonomous cars, with the USA and China leading the market.

Thanks again

Thank you for your detailed response, it’s clear. In which countries do you plan do deploy your service first? And what is the estimation on how many active users do you need to effectively operate and cover city/country map? I think it should be expressed in MapCoin local users per local people or living are /length of roads. Thanks

It depends on the size and complexity of City and country, but for HD Maps, for tier-one city like London, Paris, New York, Shenzhen, HK, we need at least 4000-5000 active users to make it, smaller cities may require fewer. The reason for that is: for example Shenzhen city, in Shenzhen city there are around 19,000 taxis and 16,000 buses that cover all the city roads, For MapCoin 1/4 of the bus/taxi drivers is enough.

We will look to concentrate our efforts in major US cites, eg San Francisco, Germany and Korea. That being said users can collect download our app and start collecting data from any area.

I see, interesting model. Am I right that in big cities where taxi / public transpotr coverage is good you are going to partner with these bus/taxi service providers instead of attracting ordinary citizens? Thanks again for your answers

Absolutely Smiley and thank you for you interest and great questions!
JohnPierson

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:18:07 PM

Thanks again

Absolutely Smiley and thank you for you interest and great questions!

Awesome! I'm actually surprised. I'll be watching closely to see the further developments and how the tokenized model will work out! And it's really great that you have the experienced team behind the idea. You are on my radar Wink Best wishes to the team
sukhdev7696

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:20:37 AM

Very nice project and good project
SirLion

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:43:16 AM

No, our app functions more like a dash camera but it collects video and location data. This is then sent to us and we extract map data. Verified data will then be rewarded with MAP tokens.
This is very cool idea! Is the private sale live now?
mapcointoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:05:03 AM

This is very cool idea! Is the private sale live now?

Thanks you! Yes private sale is open. Please sign up to the whitelist here https://mapcoin.io/whitelist.html
mapcointoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:33:41 PM

Uber self-driving car expert, Edward Cui, joins Mapcoin

Here at Mapcoin we are incredibly excited to announce that Edward Cui, self-driving car expert at Uber, has joined us as a senior advisor.

Edward is a self-driving car veteran. He is one of the early members of the Uber self-driving car team, and an expert in machine learning and mapping technologies for self-driving cars.

He serves as the tech lead for the self-driving car mapping team to help scale map creation with the latest technologies.

He has a degree in Robotics from University of Pennsylvania.

Read more on medium https://medium.com/@Mapcointoken/ex-uber-self-driving-car-expert-edward-cui-joins-mapcoin-f185941aa495
mapcointoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:09:03 PM

We are generating some really good traction!

40K Telegram users in 4 days

https://t.me/teammapcoin

Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:21:57 PM

Good and fantastic concept but how intend to achieve that? More information is required, best of luck.
mapcointoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:32:49 PM

Good and fantastic concept but how intend to achieve that? More information is required, best of luck.

Thanks! Please checkout our white paper for more info https://mapcoin.io/documents/MapCoin---Whitepaper---v1.2.pdf
WhiteShum
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:58:56 AM

Mapping technologies has to be developed. The only way for the company to be succesful is to be much better than any other. I hope they can.
Anil5680

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:53:07 PM

More information on Airdrop here: http://mapcoin.io/airdrop

Be sure to check out our whitepaper at: https://mapcoin.io/MapCoin_-_Whitepaper_-_Iatest_version.pdf

To participate in our ongoing Private sale and take advantage of a 60% Bonus sign up on our website: https://mapcoin.io/whitelist

Join our live conversation on Telegram: https://t.me/teammapcoin

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mapcointoken

Read articles on Medium: https://medium.com/@Mapcointoken

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mapcointoken/

riboku0105

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:01:17 AM

MapCoin is not only the platform to help companies collect this data, but also electronic money that means not only people are paid to collect data but also have potential investment properties.
3dyx

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

https://twilight-coin.io/

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:45:34 AM

im very interested about the map. i sure this project will be followed more people since this project one of the important data for all many purpose. good luck dev.

d3nz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:15:31 AM

Something's wrong whenever i tried to complete the form and getting an error.
JohnUoho1919

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:23:30 AM

Nice project!
Are you planning to use the service even in Japan?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: