Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anunymint ban  (Read 9000 times)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:20:04 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

Quote from: anonymint
Apparently my offense was by being highly expert in my technological, economics, sociology, and game theory analysis while I performed that analysis on various shitcoins thus plausibly offending some people who may have bought off one or more moderators behind the curtain.

LOL

It must be that other big-blockers like HostFat (moderator), franky1, jonald_fyookball, etc. have no problems here just because their arguments are ineffective. But faced with your incredible expertise, we had no choice but to ban you.

Look, you're banned because you've been fundamentally unwilling to follow any forum rules. This is a centralized forum, and if you want to post here, then you have to be willing to swallow your pride a bit, conform to forum rules, and take mods seriously when they give you warnings. If you're going to ignore mods, ignore rules, generally make a nuisance of yourself, and constantly escalate when called out, then you're simply not welcome on this centralized forum: go away and stop trying to sneak back.

As I mentioned before, I am willing to reconsider your ban if you promise to follow the same rules as everyone else and try to avoid getting banned, rather than having the attitude of "you can't ban me".

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shelby_Moore_III

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:10:03 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 07:45:03 PM by Shelby_Moore_III

It must be that other big-blockers like HostFat (moderator), franky1, jonald_fyookball, etc. have no problems here just because their arguments are ineffective. But faced with your incredible expertise, we had no choice but to ban you.

I am not for big blocks. Have you entirely failed to read the 300 posts of @anunymint which your apparently corrupt mod @mprep nuked? Ah I realize you probably made that presumption because in my prior post I questioned whether bitcointalk.org is the canonical or official website for Bitcoin (so you must have thought I am shilling for bitcointalk.com, lol)

Also I think you should re-read my prior post and pay attention to the size 24 font text I inserted, which seems to imply corruption between your mod @mprep and user @stereotype who was so abusively critical of me. Click some of those links and read what was being said to me. Now in hindsight when I am not so ill, I can see they were colluding and @stereotype basically admitted it.

The bottom line is I was critical of and analyzing many flaws in the various shitcoins and so presumably the shitcoins people got together with your Altcoin Discussion mod and decided to formulate a plan to shut me off.

As I mentioned before, I am willing to reconsider your ban if you promise to follow the same rules as everyone else and try to avoid getting banned, rather than having the attitude of "you can't ban me".

Why should I agree to abide by corruption? Please give me a good[sane] reason?

As if I was not following the rules ever since you told me that “multi-posting” was my crime.  Roll Eyes

No I am not for sale to the highest corrupt bidder. I have my own ethics. If you want me to agree to be corrupt, sorry I can not follow you. I hope you understand. I will not join some kiss-ass, brown-nosing boyz club.

If there is some objectivized thing you would like to adhere to, I probably will as long as it is not subject to corruption and corrupt subjectivity. I mean I was already following the rules. But the rules were never the issue of why I was hated. I was hated because I stuck my neck out and criticized the shitcoins with solid analysis in the Altcoin Discussion forum which no one else was doing. I refused to regurgitate what I was (by implication) told to speak and not speak.

Forums naturally form discord. We all know that.

Anyway, I think frankly I am not that interested to return. All the smart engineers are gone from bitcointalk.org. There’s no interesting technological discussion any more. Only when I join the threads does anything accurate get spoken these days. For example the current LN thread discussion is incorrect or incomplete ever since @anunymint was nuked from the thread. They do not understand the concept of a natural monopoly and that the liquidity scale is the barrier-to-entry in LN because users always need to be where the liquidity is as exemplified by exchanges, especially in payment systems because merchants and users don’t want to be stuck and not be able to checkout the shopping cart.

The only reason I came back last month was because the Proof-of-Approval thread. I was interested in that design and @Traxo made a few posts for me there, but then it became unmanageable to discuss via @Traxo helping me out. So I created my own account to discuss in that thread. I made one post in a thread about “non-mining nodes don’t matter”, then the all the Core shills came in there to crucify me.

@theymos, you are entirely incorrect in your understanding of Core. Seriously man, you need to read my posts. Or you need to get on Skype with me and discuss. But anyway, I presume you’re not interested in the truth.

And frankly I am also tired of wasting time over here. But if you express a non-disingenuous interest, I will invest the effort to speak with you.

Fuck man, one of the threads (the 2nd page of the Wall Observer: Errors & Corrections) that @mprep nuked, I had sent in an email to the President of the Philippines and senator Manny Pacquiao, along with upper level Dept. of Finance officials. I’m hoping to go visit Manny who lives 2 hours from me to congratulate him on his victory yesterday where he regained a title belt at age 39. He and I are both athletes. I’ve been his fan since he was only a local fighter here in Mindanao when I was age 33 before I was blinded in my right eye (I’ve been living here in Mindanao since 1994).

For over a month I was posting as @anunymint with no major problems (other than the usual disbelief by n00bs such as yourself @theymos about the realities of technologies they don’t understand) and then I made my first post in the Altcoin Discussion and instantly @mprep was alerted and he nuked everything in a scorched earth policy.

@theymos I read that apparently you have a degree in computer science. So you’re not entirely a n00b but I also observed your analysis of altcoins, that you really do not have a deep understanding about this technology. Presumably because you are busy doing other activities. They are many nuances and besides a very deep comprehension requires more than just computer science. It also requires game theory, economics, sociology, and human psychology.

If I am so unworthy, then why did Matthew Laine with 180 IQ follow me on Quora? Why did another Omar Bessa from Quora with a 170 IQ also converse with me in email? And also Thomas West who claims to be 3 sigma was conversing with me there on Quora.

Censorship is so failure directed. I had answered a question on StackExchange about what to invest in with a $30K inheritance as of March 2017. I explained why they should invest some in Bitcoin. The answered was deleted by the mods!

Look, you're banned because you've been fundamentally unwilling to follow any forum rules.

What rules? You wrote “multi-posting”. I stopped consecutive posting after someone told me that is not allowed. But seems you were also accusing me of copy+pasting my points in multiple threads. But I was not the creator of those duplicate threads. If you moderators allow users to create duplicate threads on the same topic, then why can’t I reply to all of them?

Your rules seems highly ambiguous, subjective, and arbitrary. Thus potentially subject to abuse and corruption.

He has several accounts all banned for ban evasion. It seems that the underlying offense which caused him to initially get into trouble (and often the thing which causes his alts to get noticed) is excessive multi-posting. But when he was warned and/or temporarily banned for this minor thing, he kept evading his bans. This forum cannot operate unless its few rules are followed, so ignoring the warnings and temporary bans that you receive and continuing to do the same stuff is unacceptable. People who do so are not welcome here.

His bans will not automatically expire, and any future alts we see from him will be permabanned. I may manually reconsider his ban if he promises to actually try not to break forum rules. The rules are not meant to silence anyone, but to keep the forum usable and fair. When someone multi-posts excessively, it monopolizes a thread in a way which harms everyone else's ability to communicate. Based on his posts in this thread, I think that he will just continue to break rules if unbanned, so I will not unban him at this time.

bitcointalk.org is not a normal for-profit company. Even if banning iamnotback somehow stopped all future ad revenue, he would still be banned, since his rule-breaking is disrupting the forum's mission of hosting free discussion of Bitcoin and related topics. (As explained above, "free discussion" is not "unmoderated discussion".) Similarly, I would welcome effective competition from decentralized forums, and I would be thrilled to be able to shut down bitcointalk.org in favor of a better-in-all-ways decentralized alternative. But although decentralized forums have existed for a long time (eg. Freenet's FMS is almost exactly what iamnotback keeps describing, and has existed since before Bitcoin), they have unfortunately not been widely used since the era of the semi-decentralized Usenet system, mainly due to vastly inferior usability.

What rule was I violating that “keep the forum usable and fair”  Huh

The reason I was pissed at you and your moderators is because your rules were not “keeping the forum usable and fair”!!!

How can you expect me to agree to something which is ill-defined. I would be a dishonest person if I agreed to that which is ill-defined and does not accomplish any goal that makes any sense.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 12:05:18 AM
Merited by Welsh (4), Foxpup (3)

I am not for big blocks. Have you entirely failed to read the 300 posts of @anunymint which your apparently corrupt mod @mprep nuked?
*deleted since you were ban evading and were never supposed post here in the first place.

Also I think you should re-read my prior post and pay attention to the size 24 font text I inserted, which seems to imply corruption between your mod @mprep and user @stereotype who was so abusively critical of me. Click some of those links and read what was being said to me. Now in hindsight when I am not so ill, I can see they were colluding and @stereotype basically admitted it.
I was also the director for the fake moon landing and orchestrated the global distribution of laughing gas via chemtrails. /sarcasm

Let me be clear: I have no clue as to who user "stereotype" is and AFAIK did not have dinner with him. Considering that in his profile he marked his location as the UK, I think he might be referring to a british moderator, rather than me.

The bottom line is I was critical of and analyzing many flaws in the various shitcoins and so the shitcoins people got together with your Altcoin Discussion mod and decided to formulate a plan to shut me off.
Your self-importance is laughable. I ban your ban evading alts - that's it. I didn't (nor was I able to or requested to) even issue the original bans that got you booted off the forum.

Why should I agree to abide by corruption? Please give me a good[sane] reason?
If you think Bitcointalk's rules (which are put in place to facilitate constructive discussion) are "corruption", you are free to leave. You coming back (after swearing to never come back, twice) to a forum you deem horrible in both structure (centralized) and staff just seems like a pathetic attempt at garnering attention and sympathy.

As if I was not following the rules ever since you told me that “multi-posting” was my crime.  Roll Eyes
Once you get permanently banned from the forum, you have to appeal your ban before you can go back to participating on it. If you get banned from entering a store after repeatedly screaming at the employees, you don't get to just go back and say "yeah, I'm not screaming anymore, I can be here". You contact the owners and ask them to let you back in.

No I am not for sale to the highest corrupt bidder. I have my own ethics. If you want me to agree to be corrupt, sorry I can not follow you. I hope you understand. I will not join some kiss-ass, brown-nosing boyz club.
And you are free to do so. By never coming back. Like you've already promised. Twice:
<...>
No. He will never return to this forum nor any other website that has a database that is not open sourced on a blockchain.
<...>
<...>
No. He will never return to this forum nor any other website that has a database that is not open sourced on a blockchain.
<...>

If there is some objectivized thing you would like to adhere to, I probably will as long as it is not subject to corruption and corrupt subjectivity. I mean I was already following the rules. But the rules were never the issue of why I was hated. I was hated because I refuse to regurgitate what I am told to speak and not speak.
There's plenty of Bitcointalk users who could be defined as "hated" by the community or most staff. Yet they continue to participate on the forum because they adhere to the rules. You didn't - no matter how much you keep saying otherwise.

Forums naturally form discord. We all know that.
Yup, that's why they have moderators.

Anyway, I think frankly I am not that interested to return. All the smart engineers are gone from bitcointalk.org. There’s no interesting technological discussion any more. Only when I join the threads does anything accurate get spoken these days. For example the current LN thread discussion is entirely incorrect. They do not understand the concept of a natural monopoly and the scale is the barrier-to-entry in LN because of the liquidity issue.
Cool. You've said it three times now.

The only reason I came back last month was because the Proof-of-Approval thread. I was interested in that design and @Traxo made a few posts for me there, but then it became unmanageable to discuss via @Traxo helping me out. So I created my own account to discuss in that thread. I made one post in a thread about “non-mining nodes don’t matter”, then the all the Core shills came in there to crucify me.
So your word (the 2 promises of never returning to Bitcointalk) means nothing? You lecture about ethics and corruption but can't keep your own word.

Fuck man, one of the threads that @mprep nuked, I had sent in an email to the President of the Philippines and senator Manny Pacquiao, along with upper level Dept. of Finance officials. I’m planning to go visit Manny who lives 2 hours from me to congratulate him on his victory yesterday where he regained a title belt at age 39. I’ve been his fan since he was only a local fighter here in Mindanao when I was age 33 before I was blinded in my right eye (I’ve been living here in Mindanao since 1994).
Humblebragging and fishing for sympathy. Keeping it classy, anonymint.

For over a month I was posting as @anunymint with no major problems (other than the usual disbelief by n00bs such as yourself @theymos about the realities of technologies they don’t understand) and then I made my first post in the Altcoin Discussion and instantly @mprep was alerted and he nuked everything in a scorched earth policy.
Funnily enough, I stumbled upon your newest alt from an unrelated report of one of your non-altcoin threads.

If I am so unworthy, then why did Matthew Laine with 180 IQ follow me on Quora? Why did another Omar Bessa from Quora with a 170 IQ also converse with me in email? And also Thomas West who claims to be 3 sigma was conversing with me there on Quora.
Neither I nor (AFAIK) theymos is saying you're unworthy. We're saying you have to abide by the rules everyone else has to abide by. You do not get a free pass for being famous / intelligent / rich / etc. Also, bragging about high IQ on an internet forum is literally a meme.

Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:10:12 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 12:33:43 AM by Shelby_Moore_III

I was also the director for the fake moon landing and orchestrated the global distribution of laughing gas via chemtrails. /sarcasm

Let me be clear: I have no clue as to who user "stereotype" is and AFAIK did not have dinner with him. Considering that in his profile he marked his location as the UK, I think he might be referring to a british moderator, rather than me.

How do you prove that? I provided a link where he claims to have gone to lunch with a member of the Staff. And then we have you deleting some of my words in my posts (as evident by your red colored moderator notices in my posts) and so we know you were reading his attacks where is was attacking my children and sorts of insane accusations and you did no moderation whatsoever to attempt to maintain the civility of the discussion. You allowed him to do that. You could plausibly even be @stereotype!

And your replies above look very similar to @stereotype’s style of venom such as quoted below:

Fuck man, one of the threads (the 2nd page of the Wall Observer: Errors & Corrections) that @mprep nuked, I had sent in an email to the President of the Philippines and senator Manny Pacquiao, along with upper level Dept. of Finance officials. I’m hoping to go visit Manny who lives 2 hours from me to congratulate him on his victory yesterday where he regained a title belt at age 39. He and I are both athletes. I’ve been his fan since he was only a local fighter here in Mindanao when I was age 33 before I was blinded in my right eye (I’ve been living here in Mindanao since 1994).

Humblebragging and fishing for sympathy. Keeping it classy, anonymint.

And quoted as follows you are clearly lying because you did not notice @anunymint for a month and then within hours of my post in the Bitcoin Killer thread in Altcoin Discussion, you nuked everything:

Funnily enough, I stumbled upon your newest alt from an unrelated report of one of your non-altcoin threads.

You perhaps have hoodwinked @theymos. I am beginning to wonder if maybe @theymos is the one being fooled by you.

I have contemplated that maybe @theymos is fooled by Core and all those who have infiltrated his organization.

A huge corruption. Which must be stopped.

There are many, many wealthy people who are not going to let you get away with this.

I think it is probably time for million BTC hodler Mircea Popescu and I to speak.

I will await @theymos’ reply.

Neither I nor (AFAIK) theymos is saying you're unworthy.

You are lying. You ranted over several posts about how unworthy I am.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3099

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:11:26 AM

Fuck man, one of the threads that @mprep nuked, I had sent in an email to the President of the Philippines and senator Manny Pacquiao, along with upper level Dept. of Finance officials. I’m planning to go visit Manny who lives 2 hours from me to congratulate him on his victory yesterday where he regained a title belt at age 39.

Yes, because I'm sure people like Duterte and Pacquiao have absolutely nothing better to do with their time than to correspond with you regarding your doomsday scenarios about Bitcoin.  Just like I've got The Queen and Tyson Fury on speed dial and converse with them frequently about Minecraft.    Cheesy

But if we play along and pretend this isn't all a figment of your imagination, how do you last more than five minutes without telling them the sky is falling and the world is going to end?  

I mean I was already following the rules. But the rules were never the issue of why I was hated. I was hated because I refuse to regurgitate what I am told to speak and not speak.

You're hated because you derail just about every thread you've ever posted in.  You commandeer every single topic to talk at us about whichever one of your crackpot theories at the time is making you genuinely believe that you're the only one smart enough to save us mere mortals from ourselves.  And then absolutely nothing happens, so you move on to the next apocalypse that only you and your ego can supposedly prevent.  It's literally all you do.  Blather, rinse, repeat.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 12:33:14 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 01:13:21 AM by mprep

How do you prove that? I provided a link where he claims to have gone to lunch with a member of the Staff. And then we have you deleting some of my words in my posts (as evident by your red colored moderator notices in my posts) and so we know you were reading his attacks where is was attacking my children and sorts of insane accusations and did no moderation whatsoever to attempt to maintain the civility of the discussion. You allowed him to do that.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law) (note: vague statements, correlations and your gut feeling isn't proof). tl;dr I don't have to "prove" jack shit till you actually present direct and actual evidence of this imaginary "collusion" against you.

And your replies above look very similar to @stereotype’s style of venom such as this:
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm. Popular form of expression. Quite a lot of it seems similar, especially for users in the same community.

You perhaps have hoodwinked @theymos. I am beginning to wonder if maybe @theymos is the one being fooled by you.
While I'm flattered, I think you're giving me too much credit. That and you seem to ignore the fact that I'm enforcing one of the few most clear cut rules (ban evasion) while having absolutely no hand in your original account's (AnonyMint) ban.

You are lying. You ranted over several posts about how unworthy I am.
Funny. Unlike you, just because I think someone has a shit personality, doesn't mean I think they're "unworthy".

Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:36:51 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 01:03:57 AM by Shelby_Moore_III

How do you prove that? I provided a link where he claims to have gone to lunch with a member of the Staff. And then we have you deleting some of my words in my posts (as evident by your red colored moderator notices in my posts) and so we know you were reading his attacks where is was attacking my children and sorts of insane accusations and you did no moderation whatsoever to attempt to maintain the civility of the discussion. You allowed him to do that. You could plausibly even be @stereotype!

And your replies above look very similar to @stereotype’s style of venom such as quoted below:

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law) (note: vague statements, correlations and your gut feeling isn't proof). tl;dr I don't have to "prove" jack shit till you actually present direct and actual evidence of this imaginary "collusion" against you.

Incorrect. This is not criminal case. The burden of proof is on you to convince we the users that your anonymous Staff is not corrupt when in fact you allowed @stereotype to attack my children (one of which was still a minor at the time) and all sorts of other insane accusations and only deleted words from my posts.

The circumstantial evidence is compelling in my opinion and I think also will be compelling in the opinion of others who matter (who bother to actually go click the links and read the evidence).

And your replies above look very similar to @stereotype’s style of venom such as this:

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm. Popular form of expression. Quite a lot of it seems similar, especially for users in the same community.

Is insane attacks on my children an allowable form of sarcasm on this forum? You failed to moderate it even though there is evidence that you were reading it.

You allowed the incivility to escalate to extremes. I was never attacking anyone’s children and other forms of insanely abusive forms of warfare that you allow to transpire on this forum. @miscreanity is correct that there is no sane moderation on this forum.

While I'm flattered, I think you're giving me too much credit. That and you seem to ignore the fact that I'm enforcing one of the few most clear cut rules (ban evasion) while having absolutely no hand in your original account's (Anonymint) ban.

Nobody banned the @Anonymint account (it may have been banned later if someone was able to get access to it, I remember some of my past accounts later got hacked). I requested @theymos to permanently disable it. He graciously granted my request. I should have just scrambled the password so I didn’t have to bother him. I realized that later.

I was becoming more and more ill during 2014/15 and the strife between @Anonymint and Monero shills was rising, so I decided I should try to quit the forum. But I wasn’t able to quit because I became sort of dependent on it as the only thing I was capable of doing when I was so ill. I couldn’t sleep and I couldn’t stay awake, so all I could do was type like a zombie (not capable of coding).
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:03:36 AM

Incorrect. This is not criminal case. The burden of proof is on you to convince we the users that your anonymous Staff is not corrupt when in fact you allowed @stereotype to attack my children and all sorts of other insane accusations and only deleted words from my posts.

The circumstantial evidence is compelling in my opinion  and I think also will be compelling in the opinion of others who matter (who bother to actually go click the links and read the evidence).
Your presumption when you come up with a theory is that you're right and that anyone who opposes you should prove you wrong. Which is awfully similar to the Argument from ignorance fallacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance). Since you don't mind repeating yourself, I'll repeat what I've said: I don't have to disprove your conspiracy theories, especially the ones that are completely based on timing and your personal dislike for me. I delete hundreds to thousands of posts, ban tens to sometimes hundreds of users a day and go through ten to hundred fold of non-offending content every day. If you think that me moderating an active thread is viable proof, I don't have much to say to you.

As for the "accusations", see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0:
Q: Someone insulted me. Why aren't you deleting his post/thread?
A: Possible (since we don't have the time or resources to check) insults are also allowed as long as they contain any kind of constructive opinion, info or something else substantial and aren't off-topic. For example, posting something like "you are dumb" will be deleted as it contains no meaningful content. However, if the post is somehwere along the lines of "You are dumb. This is wrong because this website/thread/etc. has explained it's not right", it's in most cases accepted.
Q: Do you moderate/delete (possible) FUD, accusations and untrue information?
A: No. We don't have enough time to check every single piece of information and verify the validity of the sources. Also, just like scams - too much room for bias and abuse.

However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense ("obviously false nonsense" to an outsider, NOT to someone who follows or is involved in the discussion) just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. Such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report though (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post).

Is insane attacks on my children an allowable form of sarcasm on this forum? You failed to moderate it even though there is evidence that you were reading it.
Unless they were threats of bodily harm, see quotes above.

Nobody banned the @Anonymint account (it may have been banned later if someone was able to get access to it, I remember some of my past accounts later got hacked). I requested @theymos to permanently disable it. He graciously granted my request. I should have just scrambled the password so I didn’t have to bother him. I realized that later.

I was becoming more and more ill during 2014/15 and the strife between @Anonymint and Monero shills was rising, so I decided I should try to quit the forum. But I wasn’t able to quit because I became sort of dependent on it as the only thing I was capable of doing when I was so ill. I couldn’t sleep and I couldn’t stay awake, so all I could do was type like a zombie (not capable of coding).
... are you kidding me? Why did you not, I dunno, said that was the case. While I'm not fully aware of why your first accounts got banned (maybe your first one got disabled and later ones got banned for actual offenses), if all of this stemmed from a single account being willingly disabled then mistook for a ban (thus prompting mods who handled later situations (the last of who AFAIK is me) to interpret your participation on the forum as a ban), you should immediately PM theymos to have it resolved and your bans absolved. Hell, CC me in the PM and I'll forward it.

Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:06:08 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 01:46:15 AM by Shelby_Moore_III

Incorrect. This is not criminal case. The burden of proof is on you to convince we the users that your anonymous Staff is not corrupt when in fact you allowed @stereotype to attack my children and all sorts of other insane accusations and only deleted words from my posts.

The circumstantial evidence is compelling in my opinion  and I think also will be compelling in the opinion of others who matter (who bother to actually go click the links and read the evidence).

Your presumption when you come up with a theory is that you're right and that anyone who opposes you should prove you wrong. Which is awfully similar to the Argument from ignorance fallacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance). Since you don't mind repeating yourself, I'll repeat what I've said: I don't have to disprove your conspiracy theories, especially the ones that are completely based on timing and your personal dislike for me.

Fact is you allowed @stereotype make insane accusations about my minor children and other insane accusations, while you deleted words from my posts that were responding to his posts.

So clearly you were aware of the insane incivility and clearly you allowed it to escalate. Then you blame me when I fight back because you didn’t do your job well as a moderator.

How is that a fallacy? It is a fact.

(and it will do you no good to attempt to hide your tracks now, as I have archived everything already)

Again you seem to not understand my point. This is not a criminal court. This is a market and if the market loses confidence in you, then you lose.

And you already know you are losing because all of the engineers and wealthy have left bitcointalk.org.

Because you allow insanity to reign.

Unless they were threats of bodily harm

If that is the only form of moderation you are going to do, then you will have a clusterfuck of insane incivility. So why are you pissed off at me for being uncivil when you foster such an environment? i was just responding to the venom that you failed to moderate.

Now you are contradicting yourself. You claim that I am banned for being disruptive and now you state that you do not moderate anything but threats of bodily harm. So which is it? You can not have it both ways.

This is why I am planning to create a decentralized moderation forum, because it is very difficult to have both freedom and civility. The only way I can see to achieve it is with decentralized moderation. Yet you ridiculed my idea.

... are you kidding me?

I am not a liar. Ask @theymos. Hopefully he remembers.

if all of this stemmed from a single account being willingly disabled then mistook for a ban (thus prompting mods who handled later situations (the last of who AFAIK is me) to interpret your participation on the forum as a ban), you should immediately PM theymos to have it resolved and your bans absolved. Hell, CC me in the PM and I'll forward it.

I can hardly remember what happened in 2015, 2016, and 2017. I was so delirious fighting that illness. I really do not know what happened.

I was fighting for my life. I was in a fight-or-flight cortisol mode trying to stay alive.

I really do not want to come back and fight all the trolling. If the moderation policy is somehow improved, maybe I might want to come back.

I can code now, so I really do not need to be here. I have something else I can do, now that I am not so sick as I was. But I wish there was a place to have “no trolling allowed” discussion about crypto.

I wish you would create a new subforum that has a very strict policy of moderation. No sarcasm allowed!

Actually I still think the decentralized moderation is the only way to make it work so each of us can choose our own moderators. The moderated thread idea sort of works but the problem is for example I did not start the Bitcoin Killer thread which is about me. Also people do not like to participate in moderated threads because it gives too much power to one person. I would prefer that each of us be able to select a moderator of our individual choosing for each thread.

P.S. I have just now linked from my blog to this the 2nd page of this thread. I am for 100% transparency.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:33:19 AM

Fact is you allowed @stereotype make insane accusations about my minor children and other insane accusations, while you deleted words from my posts that were responding to his posts.

So clearly you were aware of the insane incivility and clearly you allowed it to escalate.Then you blame me when I fight back because you didn’t do your job well as a moderator.

How is that a fallacy? It is a fact.

(and it will do you no good to attempt to hide your tracks now, as I have archived everything already)

Again you seem to not understand my point. This is not a criminal court. This is a market and if the market loses confidence in you, then you lose.

And you already know you are losing because all of the engineers and wealthy have left bitcointalk.org.

Because you allow insanity to reign.
If you're referring to your iamnotback account, I was merging your consecutively posted posts into a single one, editing in notes to every deleted post that informed the user of said posts being merged. Didn't really require me to read the discussion. You can check (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=851556;sa=showPosts) which posts were merged since I used the [hr] tag (line) to separate the content.

It was that or deleting quoted reposts.

If that is the only form of moderation you are going to do, then you will have a clusterfuck of insane incivility. So why are you pissed off at me for being uncivil when you foster such an environment? i was just responding to the venom that you failed to moderate.

Now you are contradicting yourself. You claim that I am banned for being disruptive and now you state that you do not moderate anything but threats of bodily harm. So which is it? You can not have it both ways.

This is why I am planning to create a decentralized moderation forum, because it is very difficult to have both freedom and civility. The only way I can see to achieve it is with decentralized moderation. Yet you ridiculed my idea.
You were banned for ban evading and, if theymos isn't wrong, repeated multi-posting. The only bans I personally issued (last 2? 3? not sure) were for ban evasion on a few of your latest alts.

As for your idea, I did not ridicule it. I criticized your idea and ridiculed you for IMO your absolutely awful character traits. One of which is your continued claims that your idea will (not might) replace centralized discussion forums while nothing of the sort seems to be happening. If decentralized forums take off, great, seems like something really interesting. It's just that I'm generally disillusioned with the general public's ability to sacrifice even a bit of convenience.

I am not a liar. Ask @theymos. Hopefully he remembers.
Pinged theymos about it via PM.

I wish you would create a new subforum that has a very strict policy of moderation. No sarcasm allowed!
I think you are greatly overestimating as to what info I have access to and what I can actually do. Only admins can create new boards.

Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:52:07 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 09:31:19 AM by Shelby_Moore_III

If you're referring to your iamnotback account, I was merging your consecutively posted posts into a single one, editing in notes to every deleted post that informed the user of said posts being merged. Didn't really require me to read the discussion. You can check (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=851556;sa=showPosts) which posts were merged since I used the [hr] tag (line) to separate the content.

Disagree. There is red text in some of my replies in the vicinity of @stereotype’s post which (afair) state you “removed veiled threat of bodily harm”. Go to the links in my first post in this thread to find those.

So I presume you were also reading his posts also, else how could you have read mine.

And frankly how do you expect me react when someone attacks my children and my parenting. Also given I was using this forum as a means of keeping myself from getting entirely depressed about my horrible situation, that is absolute torture what @stereotype was doing to me and he knew it also. He was trying to break me. Okay so you were adhering to the moderation policy (which I never bothered to read, analogous to I never read the fine print of software licences).

And so now you see the result of bitcointalk.org’s moderation policy: an insane asylum

Everyone is leaving because of the insanity of trolls. And my incivility is because others do not debate me, they troll me. Never will you see them make actual technological debate with me ever since @smooth left the building (few exceptions being for example the few remaining engineers such as @aklan, @shunsaitakahashi, @monsterer2, @Ix, and several others who are still in the Development & Technical Discussion subforum). They few times they try, they are quickly refuted by me. For example, @Carlton Banks recently tried and was refuted (go read the technological argument I made if you do not believe me). Then when the for example Core shills have nothing of substance to debate me with, they resorted to pure trolling my reputation as you see @DooMAD continuing up-thread here.

That is why the engineers leave. And before we had @gmaxwel and his band of Core devs ridiculing anyone who tried to post in Development & Technical Discussion subforum. That is why I rarely posted there before although that is probably where I should have been posting instead of Altcoin Discussion. Since Gregory is apparently gone, that subforum appears to be much more civil (at least during the 1 month I was posting there).

It is possible I misjudged you @mprep. But then again, you misjudged me too. I was just fighting back in the insane asylum that the moderation policy creates.

As I said, I do not know what to do about the trolling other than we need the ability to form groupings of people we can get along with when discussing. So that is why I want the degrees-of-freedom to choose my grouping, i.e. to chose my moderator and be grouped with those who also choose that moderator. Because I personally would rather just not read any trolling from the Core shills. If they have some cogent arguments, I would like to read them. They are entitled to their beliefs. I do not want to waste time battling them. The future outcome will reward those who were correct and take talents from those who were not correct. I just want to be able have reasonably civil technology discussions.

I am a feisty rebel. And athletic, high testosterone (when I am not sick or actually even when I was in delirium I could still push myself sometimes but I would crash hard for days). But even for me, one thing that happens as we age, it just isn’t worth expending all my energy on all the drama.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 02:18:02 AM

Disagree. There is red text in some of my replies in the vicinity of @stereotype’s post which (afair) state you “removed veiled threat of bodily harm”. Go to the links in my first post in this thread to find those.

So I presume you were also reading his posts also, else how could you have read mine.

And frankly how do you expect me react when someone attacks my children and my parenting. Also given I was using this forum as a means of keeping myself from getting entirely depressed about my horrible situation, that is absolute torture what @stereotype was doing to me and he knew it also. He was trying to break me. Okay so you were following the moderation policy (which I never bothered to read, analogous to I never read the fine print of software licences).

And so now you see the result of bitcointalk.org’s moderation policy: an insane asylum

Everyone is leaving because of the insanity of trolls. And my incivility is because others do not debate me, they troll me. Never will you see them make actual technological debate with me ever since @smooth left the building (few exceptions being for example the few remaining engineers such as @aklan, @shunsaitakahashi, @monsterer2, @Ix, and several others who are still in the Development & Technical Discussion subforum). They few times they try, they are quickly refuted by me. For example, @Carlton Banks recently tried and was refuted (go read the technological argument I made if you do not believe me). Then when the for example Core shills have nothing of substance to debate me with, they resorted to pure trolling my reputation as you see @DooMAD continuing up-thread here.

That is why the engineers leave. And before we had @gmaxwel and his band of Core devs ridiculing anyone who tried to post in Development & Technical Discussion subforum. That is why I rarely posted there before although that is probably where I should have been posting instead of Altcoin Discussion. Since Gregory is apparently gone, that subforum appears to be much more civil (at least during the 1 month I was posting there).

It is possible I misjudged you @mprep. But then again, you misjudged me too. I was just fighting back in the insane asylum that the moderation policy creates.

As I said, I do not know what to do about the trolling other than we need the ability to form groupings of people we can get along with when discussing. So that is why I want the degrees-of-freedom to choose my grouping, i.e. to chose my moderator and be grouped with those who also choose that moderator. Because I personally would rather just not read any trolling from the Core shills. If they have some cogent arguments, I would like to read them. They are entitled to their beliefs. I do not want to waste time battling them. The future outcome will reward those who were correct and take talents from those who were not correct. I just want to be able have reasonably civil technology discussions.

I am a feisty rebel. And athletic, high testosterone (when I am not sick or actually even when I was in delirium I could still push myself sometimes but I would crash hard for days). But even for me, one thing that happens as we age, it just isn’t worth expending all the energy on all the drama.
If it wasn't deleted and I edited out a "thinly veiled threat of bodily harm", someone probably reported your post. When it comes to singular posts (not threads), I usually act on reports (especially now, after I became global mod) rather notice them while reading around the forum.

As for trolling, it's hard to balance the fine line between moderating trolls and silencing people who have genuine concerns they express in a strongly sarcastic manner. As such, the forum policy airs on the side of caution and only moderates incredibly blatant (even to an outsider) trolling. That and the altcoin section is pretty toxic due to the much higher stakes involved when it comes to what coins they're holding. If you don't want to read any of what you consider as trolling, there's always the "ignore" feature for users. It ain't perfect (you see the "this user is ignored" or something like that instead of their post) but it works.

Honestly, if the entire thing arose from an account lock being mistaken for a ban, this would probably take the cake for the biggest misunderstanding in Bitcointalk moderation history.

Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:26:40 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 07:55:15 PM by Shelby_Moore_III

Honestly, if the entire thing arose from an account lock being mistaken for a ban, this would probably take the cake for the biggest misunderstanding in Bitcointalk moderation history.

I can’t exactly remember. Seems like the first time I got perma-banned might have been 2016 when I was posting rather aggressively with my negative opinion of Ethereum mainly w.r.t. to the scaling plans (which I have been vindicated on by now). But I may be mistaken. I am 100% certain the @Anonymint account was never banned. @theymos closed it for me at my request (and again I wish I would have instead realized to scramble the password so as to not have bothered him with that request).

I remember one of the reasons I wanted to quit was because I was disappointed also in myself that some scammer @BitcoinEXpress had tried to use me to pretend he could attack Monero. So I surmised I was too ill and not thinking clearly enough. Sort of like my technological mind can continue to run on autopilot even though my awareness of other things was like a zombie.

I know I was not in a good state of mind or health. I was very depressed about my health but trying to remain productive and sustain some hope. I am more upbeat now that my health is not so intractable.

EDIT: after eating brunch, I now have a moment to try to remember. Looking back at some of my multiple accounts history, I remember I voluntarily tried to quit multiple times because I was discouraged by all the trolling and arguments I was becoming mired in. I quit the @AnonyMint account. Then created but quit @TheFascistMind. So neither of those two accounts were banned. I’m almost certain that the first account of mine that was banned was @TPTB_need_war. I think that is correct, because I vaguely remember that I also created the account @HONCHO at that time.

It's just that I'm generally disillusioned with the general public's ability to sacrifice even a bit of convenience.

Well many of us find discussion valuable enough to invest our time in it, yet we also dislike the strife. So surely we are willing to spend a little bit of money or effort to have less trolling and more high quality discussion.

The real issue is whether decentralized moderation would actually work and lower the level of stress that people endure in discussions.

I know there are at least a dozen or more members here on this site who I can have very civil discussions with. If I had them in my moderator set, such that any post they flag as trolling is not seen by me, I think my life would be much less stressful.

For example I would trust @miscreanity as a moderator to flag posts that I probably should not read. He would know what would cause me to get angry and waste time.

Before I got ill, I would basically spend my life coding, talking a little bit with others about coding and engineering issues, doing sports, and then social life off the computer. I basically need discussions to network with those who have knowledge I need to discuss and to form groups for projects. Given that is a very significant component of the economics of what I do with my career, I think it has value and should not be entrusted to a moderation policy and system that devolves into so much time wasted on strife.

As for the general population, you may be correct although I think we can probably find some features from decentralization that would entice them. The masses also like new things. Even a small market these days is still a 100 million users.

EDIT#2: I am now reading what you quoted about moderation policy which says trolling and repeated false accusations are not allowed, but then you said insults are allowed. This is a clusterfucked policy. Clearly @stereotype was making false accusations about myself endangering my children several times in more than one thread. So clearly that was repeated false accusations and not merely insults. In fact, I think I even told him that my kids were in the USA, not with me. So he damn well knew they could not be getting Tuberculosis from me or other filipinos. But damn-it their mother is a filipina and they also come back to the Philippines as adults (not children anymore) without my permission, so it is not like we can stop filipinos from exposing themselves to Tuberculosis even though it is endemic here. How many times I warned my adult (19 at that time) son not to kiss girls from the poverty area where his mother originates from but he refused and preferred to live in that squatter area than live in my house in the gated subdivision (or maybe he didn’t want to live with my gf who is not his mother?). So it is absolutely insane torture what @stereotype was writing. Even now when I think back on it, I still feel it is torture. There is no way I can participate in a forum that subjects me to that torture and not end up freaking out. He knows if he stepped one foot in the Philippines and made a comment like that to anyone here (not just me), he would not be alive very much longer. They would slice him up with a bolo knife and make kinilaw a la Brit. Seriously. I just asked the filipinas here in my household what would happen to @stereotype if he made that sort of statement to their parents or any parents in this country, and they did not hesitate and responded immediately that he will die immediately.

But the more salient point is that there is no policy you can make which is not going to be subjective. That is why instead of a moderation policy, I prefer that we can each choose our own moderators, so that we can just squelch from our display those things which we do not like. Because there is no such thing as a fair moderation policy. Because the subjectivity is too ambiguous. Can’t exist. Waste of time to attempt one.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:49:19 AM

I got a PM from mprep saying that a post of mine was deleted because it was a reply to someone who  was evading their ban, who upon investigation is Anunymint.

I haven't read the bickering between mprep and Anunymint, and I have no financial reason to care about my post count. I found the small number of posts I interacted with/read to be insightful and interesting, which unfortunately is a rarity around here.

Having rules about what you can and cannot do is not unusual in society. This is exactly the role of governments, and without these rules, people would be harming people and extorting people without regard for others.

If you don't agree with a particular rule, or a group of rules, you should make an argument to have the rules changed, not ignore the rules. The exception to this would be if the rules/laws were reprehensibly immoral (such as killing people for arbitrary reasons), which is not the case with forum rules.

I think Anunymint should agree to not excessively create successive posts in threads, and to not otherwise break forum rules. Upon Anunymint agreeing to this, theymos should unban his accounts. I cannot make the argument that someone who is likely to continue breaking and ignoring the rules should be able to participate in the forum.   
Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:00:49 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 07:56:49 PM by Shelby_Moore_III

I haven't read the bickering between mprep and Anunymint

If I could make a friendly suggestion to read this page of this thread. Appears we are not bickering. You might be surprised by what you read above your post here.

Having rules about what you can and cannot do is not unusual in society. This is exactly the role of governments, and without these rules, people would be harming people and extorting people without regard for others.

The rules haven’t protected me from torture and massive abuse on this forum. Thus I do not think the rules are working very well.

I am all for rules that accomplish some benefit. I am not for rules that accomplish nothing.

Disallowing consecutive posting is an acceptable rule. Prevents us from bumping the thread more than once without waiting for someone else to post. Does not prevent us from adding to our existing post.

Some of the other allegations @theymos makes against me seem entirely arbitrary (c.f. below) and there is no such hard rule which is not subjectively ambiguous.

If you don't agree with a particular rule, or a group of rules, you should make an argument to have the rules changed, not ignore the rules.

I did not knowingly ignore any rule. I just refused to agree to @theymos’ subjective summary of what I did wrong because there was no well defined, well publicized rules that I broke.

I think Anunymint should agree to not excessively create successive posts in threads

I was perma-banned for that?

Of course I have no problem with not doing that and have not been doing that since I realized that was a rule.

But the other crap @theymos lists is purely subjective nonsense.

But I am not wanting to come back anyway. I think the forum is clusterfucked with trolling as it currently is. As explained in the up-thread discussion. It is not a long thread. Maybe take a read if you have time.

Look, you're banned because you've been fundamentally unwilling to follow any forum rules.

What rules? You wrote “multi-posting”. I stopped consecutive posting once someone told me that is not allowed. But seems you were also accusing me of copy+pasting my points in multiple threads. But I was not the creator of those duplicate threads. If you moderators allow users to create duplicate threads on the same topic, then why can’t I reply to all of them?

Your rules seems highly ambiguous, subjective, and arbitrary. Thus potentially subject to abuse and corruption.

He has several accounts all banned for ban evasion. It seems that the underlying offense which caused him to initially get into trouble (and often the thing which causes his alts to get noticed) is excessive multi-posting. But when he was warned and/or temporarily banned for this minor thing, he kept evading his bans. This forum cannot operate unless its few rules are followed, so ignoring the warnings and temporary bans that you receive and continuing to do the same stuff is unacceptable. People who do so are not welcome here.

His bans will not automatically expire, and any future alts we see from him will be permabanned. I may manually reconsider his ban if he promises to actually try not to break forum rules. The rules are not meant to silence anyone, but to keep the forum usable and fair. When someone multi-posts excessively, it monopolizes a thread in a way which harms everyone else's ability to communicate. Based on his posts in this thread, I think that he will just continue to break rules if unbanned, so I will not unban him at this time.

bitcointalk.org is not a normal for-profit company. Even if banning iamnotback somehow stopped all future ad revenue, he would still be banned, since his rule-breaking is disrupting the forum's mission of hosting free discussion of Bitcoin and related topics. (As explained above, "free discussion" is not "unmoderated discussion".) Similarly, I would welcome effective competition from decentralized forums, and I would be thrilled to be able to shut down bitcointalk.org in favor of a better-in-all-ways decentralized alternative. But although decentralized forums have existed for a long time (eg. Freenet's FMS is almost exactly what iamnotback keeps describing, and has existed since before Bitcoin), they have unfortunately not been widely used since the era of the semi-decentralized Usenet system, mainly due to vastly inferior usability.

What rule was I violating that “keep the forum usable and fair”  Huh

The reason I was pissed at you and your moderators is because your rules were not “keeping the forum usable and fair”!!!

How can you expect me to agree to something which is ill-defined. I would be a dishonest person if I agreed to that which is ill-defined and does not accomplish any goal that makes any sense.

The amount of personalized (ad hominem) trolling on this forum is juvenile and looks like an insane asylum to outsiders. I am sick of it. Who needs this crap in their life? We waste so much effort on these bitcointalk.org forums defending ourselves against reputation trolling:

The specific reason I do not want to state publicly would not affect my reputation, and would make Vod look bad....although I don't particularly like Vod, I think this is the right thing to do.  Given sufficient pressure from those whose opinions I value (and Vod), I may change course. I would give particular weight to Vods pressure because it involves him personally. I will give no weight to what idiots like o_e_l_e_o and suchmoon have to say.
I find it a little hard to believe you would not disclose information that could make Vod look bad, are you willing to state this reason privately?

Quickseller has such low morals he even uses children to forward his agenda.  :/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2028469.msg20239127#msg20239127
"It is my understanding and belief that Martin Lawrence is a pedophile."

What's more - he complains instantly if anyone uses his real name, but he has no problems using my real name and calling me the worst name in the book...

Well Quicky, I have your name, tracing down your location - things are soon going to get as real for you as you made them for me.  

Anyone who uses children the way you do deserves to be punished as harshly as possible.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:20:57 AM

The rules haven’t protected me from torture [...] on this forum. Thus I do not think the rules are working very well.
I would find it very unlikely anything that has happened on the forum has caused anything close to what can be reasonably argued to be "torture", although I would be willing to change my mind if I see verified evidence of such.

Also, if someone has harmed you in a way that is not against the rules, there may be a case for an additional rule and/or policy. If you think an additional rule or policy is needed, you can, and should make the argument for as much.

I think Anunymint should agree to not excessively create successive posts in threads

According to theymos' account, you were temp banned several times because of this, however the bans escalated because of ban evasion, that is, you were allegedly using alt accounts to post from when one (or more) of your other accounts were temp banned for the above.   
Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:30:12 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 01:07:36 AM by Shelby_Moore_III

The rules haven’t protected me from torture [...] on this forum. Thus I do not think the rules are working very well.

I would find it very unlikely anything that has happened on the forum has caused anything close to what can be reasonably argued to be "torture", although I would be willing to change my mind if I see verified evidence of such.

Do you have native ancestry and culture? Were you as ill as I was? You can not accurately judge what tortures another person in the situation they were in. My inability to kill[confront] him was torture for me (or let’s say the inability to get justice).

We simply do not allow people to live when they talk to us that way in this culture. When someone makes that sort of statement here, then it is every member of the families’ responsibility to take revenge on that person and we are in torture until we can restore honor to our tribe.

Also you do not understand that mental state I was in because you can not until you have suffered the health that I described in my blog. If you have not read that section of my blog, then you do not know what I am talking about.

And if you are pure (northern, manoralism culture) European ancestry then you will not understand anyway because you defeated tribalism in order to prosper in the Agricultural and Industrial revolutions. (Even I have European ancestry, I am also locked inside of a Cherokee body to a great extent as Nietzsche correctly surmised)

I don’t think some of these pussies around here understand that they simply do not talk that way to real men on the street. Just like you wouldn’t say anything like that to the 6'5" defensive lineman from Arizona State University football team who I got into a fight with when I was 19 years old. And I do not have any exception just because this is the Internet. I would not react any differently whether you are online or in front of my face. If someone talks that way to me, it is war. They get away with it because there are no repercussions primarily because of the anonymity.

If you need a visual explanation, note that Nate Robinson has filipino ancestry. Watch him in this video becoming pissed off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G28HcqIlTuM
https://youtu.be/I9UHAh72QhU?t=268

I explained in my first post in this thread that @stereotype was talking shit about my kids. Here is what Lebron James has to say about that:

Ball and James feuded last year when Ball predicted that James' basketball-playing sons would struggle with the pressure of following in their father's footsteps. James fired back that Ball should "keep my kids' name out of your mouth," and said that "this is dad to dad; it's a problem now."

For the purpose of this Convention, the term "torture" means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental

Also, if someone has harmed you in a way that is not against the rules, there may be a case for an additional rule and/or policy. If you think an additional rule or policy is needed, you can, and should make the argument for as much.

There no possible rule other than to stop allowing anonymity. So then we can prosecute under the law for laws in place against abuse over the Internet. I am confident there are such laws in the UK where apparently @stereotype is located. And if I ever determine who he is, then I will make sure either the law does what it is supposed to do, or I must fulfill the honor to my culture in any way that I can.

EDIT: I just posted negative trust on @stereotype’s profile for violating the Protection from Harassment Act 1997: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking#Europe

But I also recognize that honor killing is primitive. And that is why I would prefer that my grouping of like-minded friends can discuss in a decentralized moderation wherein we can filter out such inflammatory trolls (by choosing our common moderator), so that we might try to avoid those primitive outcomes, if at all possible. Even I mostly reject tribalism, but in terms of honor I do not, because it is also heavy ingrained into me from being raised in the Old South.

That is why I am proposing decentralized moderation as a possible alternative. Because I really can’t think of another good way of handling the problem that makes this forum such an insane asylum.

Does anyone have a better idea?

According to theymos' account, you were temp banned several times because of this, however the bans escalated because of ban evasion, that is, you were allegedly using alt accounts to post from when one (or more) of your other accounts were temp banned for the above.  

I was apparently temp-banned not for consecutive posting but for copy+paste posting in multiple threads (or at least it seems like I had some reason to think that but I can not remember if someone wrote that or why I think that). But afair, I was never told why I was temp-banned so therefor I refused to follow it because it seemed to be some form of politicized corruption. The timing of the ban was very suspect and I think some of the people in the Monero community got me banned the first time because they did not like what I was writing. They were pissed off that I had claimed to have invented Zero Knowledge Transactions (in the summer of 2015 when I dropped down to 50 kg!) before they published RingCT. I remember that now after viewing the very few posts of the @HONCO account.

I would follow rules if they are clearly explained and make sense. But I will never follow corruption.

However, if @theymos creates a sane thing, I will act sane. If he creates an insane thing, then do not expect me to act insane just for him.

This is a centralized forum, and if you want to post here, then you have to be willing to swallow your pride a bit, conform to forum rules, and take mods seriously when they give you warnings. If you're going to ignore mods, ignore rules, generally make a nuisance of yourself, and constantly escalate when called out, then you're simply not welcome on this centralized forum: go away and stop trying to sneak back.

And no @theymos you can never ban me. I can come back anytime I want primarily because you want to allow anonymity.  Tongue (that does not mean I will, or that I want to, just to remind you of the limitations of your authority)

I am not proposing to eliminate anonymity. That is not a complete solution to the problems of discord, although it would probably help. That is why I instead am contemplating decentralized moderation as a possible improvement.

@theymos would be advised to be more mutually respectful and stop acting like a totalitarian asshole, if he wants my mutual respect. Now it may be that he just really isn’t aware of what is going on. I am not privy the necessary information to know what goes on behind the scenes at his business.

Again I am more than willing to cooperate with a sane system.

If you create a system that provides no way for sanity to prevail over insanity then is that my fault as the user of the system?

I have created million user software and I did not blame my users for features being difficult to use. I improved the features!

If @theymos would consider that there is no way that sane people want to continue using a forum with so many anonymous trolls!

And we also do not want to use a system where one group can get another member banned from the entire forum just because they do not like what he is posting. They make up some BS story to sell to the mods about that user doing some “multi-posting” or what ever.

That is why we need decentralized moderation with all the data stored on a blockchain so that nobody can censor anything. But each of us can choose to filter out what we do not want to see. And do it groupwise, not just an individual Ignore feature. The moderated thread is somewhat close to what we want but I already explained up-thread why it is not sufficient.

Also I am not going to continue posting to a centralized database. I want all of my work to be open source. So that no corrupt party has control over the data.

It is ridiculous that anybody has to power to delete the data created by others! Hell no! Fuck no! That must stop!

Clearly flawed "design". Most annoying spammers would be perfectly able (and happy) to spend way more on posting than "legit" users. That's a FACT (See spam signature campaigns for reference).

Moderators of your own individual choosing who flag spam as not visible to you is not any more costly than bitcointalk.org having moderators who do the same thing.
The amount of spam that has to be filtered would be less due to it not being entirely free to post.
Remember the decentralized ledger only has to store a hash, not the entire content. Those who are serving the content may refuse to keep copies of spam which no one else ever pays to retrieve.
Are you presuming the moderators here are paid? By whom? So if they are profiting, then are they impartial and objective?

Let me make it very clear that I am not demanding any changes to bitcointalk.org. I just came here to explain my side of the story. And to explain what sort of forum system I would like to experiment with someday if possible.

Nor was I demanding to be reinstated.

I just think it is quite indicative of the insanity of this clusterfuck that @theymos is trolling me, lol. If he stops trolling me, then I will stop being a defiant rebel to him. He should admit his forum sucks in the area of civility (it does not suck in every way, some aspects are good). But the incivility and arbitrary politicized banning crap makes it so stressful and painful that most important people just don’t. They leave or rarely visit.

Don’t tell me to have a thick skin. Nobody needs that level of stress and abuse in their life. I realize that some guys on this forum are mental cyber-warfare assassins. They live and breath the warfare of this insanity. But some of us prefer to have peaceful and productive lives actually doing some vocation other than forum warfare. We do not have time and energy for all this crap.

Btw, the following is by far one of the least abusive posts that @stereotype made against me:

Board lost more with him leaving than if 99% of the rest bailed.  
Gone right off you sir. Thats an outrageous observation, and quite insulting to many here.

No need for anyone to be offended. I am talking in technical knowledge to this specific arena. I said clearly I include myself in the 99%. If you believe more than 1 in 100 here can offer more technical insight and assistance in explaining to the non technical here then you simply have a different view to myself. I have no idea if you are a skill cryptographer/coder/conceptual designer so you may find other areas of assistance more useful. That is my pov only.

I have made several quite good friends here and would not like them to think i was saying I couldn't care less if they left. I'm sure they did not take it that way and understood I meant.

I was simply saying if you want to ask for example about a new design. Let's say xby (not that I am advocating investing there since I have not been able to get anyone capable to explain to me if it is a useful design or not yet) who else can you ask for an analysis, who else will lay out the positives and negatives for people to read in more laymans terms? he was one of the only persons that seemed to take his time and review them for free for everyone to read.

I am not kissing up to him at all I am simply saying that in my observations and to the best of my abilities I thought when he got into debates in the past with people of proven technical ability (through their work produced) he held his own and even at times found flaws in their designs. I also notice many proven top developers took notice of his opinions and asked for his advice. That to me is enough to see that those here who are now suggesting he wanted to seem smart are wrong and that he actually was/is very smart.

Simple as that. No ass kissing, not hating. Just the observations I made of events that have taken place.

If you were talking just in technical terms, then ok, yes. He certainly appeared to know his subject. Im even on record saying he is highly intelligent. But, smart?? No way my friend. No no no. The very opposite.....clinically opposite, even!
Smart people do not need to shove shed loads of repeated text down peoples throats.
Smart people do not choose to suffer for many years, from a very treatable condition.
Smart people dont feel the need to belittle people with very ordinary differing opinions.
Smart people dont make claims to have something Bitcoin-killer-better, when they cannot show anything to substantiate.
Smart people understand the importance of bringing others along with you, on a project.
Smart people stay away from the distractions of this forum, when theres other things to get on with!
Smart 50+ year olds first learnt the above, when they were in their 20's.
I could go on......  

But it still exemplifies that he (who abusively claims to know psychology) feigns that he had no awareness that I was using the forum as a way of surviving my illness (actually he knows damn well that he was trying to break me psychologically because he could see I was so weakened by my illness):

I know I was not in a good state of mind or health. I was very depressed about my health but trying to remain productive and sustain some hope.

I was fighting for my life. I was in a fight-or-flight cortisol mode trying to stay alive.

And I told him and everyone many times that the doctors in the Philippines did not diagnose Tuberculosis. I went to the doctors and they never suspected nor suggested testing for it. And I did not know that latent TB is endemic here. I did not have enough money to travel until January 2017 (when someone I met on this forum loaned me some money to go get medical care in Singapore). I had exhausted all of my funds because I had not been able to work since 2012 because of the illness. Also because after I was hospitalized for the perforated ulcer in 2012, I lost $70,000 on some scammer then I had to continue making $1500 a month payments to the USA for my ex and kids. My 18000 oz of silver had been stored in a vault in Manila but they defrauded me out of about half of it, and only returned that half to me when silver had dropped to low $20s (even I had publicly predicted the year before in 2010 it would rise to $45). So by 2015 I had depleted all my funds. I already showed my medical records. The doctors only thought I had NAFLD (non alcoholic) fatty liver disease. So then when I dropped from 85 to 50 kg in July/August 2015, I was both extremely ill and also lacking funds. And also I thought there was nothing any doctors could do to help me because I already went to the doctors. Also I didn’t have any health insurance in the USA and none of my family was willing to help me. So I was dying and no one cared. But luckily someone did help me and I got diagnosed in January 2017 in Singapore (they suggested checking for gut TB which I had never heard of and certainly @CoinCube who is a doctor never suggested TB to me over the years he knew of my symptoms since 2013!). Then I had to take these very liver toxic antibiotics for 6 months which further fucked up my liver. I was so far gone by that point that my body did not recover well from the TB. It is only by now some 1 year later, that I am starting to get some stability back to my health.

Actually I still do not think Tuberculosis was the only infection I had. I know my ex in the USA infected me with HPV in 2006 and that had started the decline in my health. And also in 2012 the doctors found antibodies in my blood indicating that I had been infected with dengue fever in the past (maybe more than once) and I never knew it. That exemplifies how strong I was it. It required multiple infections to finally bring me down. Multiple dengue infections oftens causes lifetime auto-immunity and bad health.

So @stereotype is simply incorrect about almost everything about me.

Agreed. Actually, i do believe it is possible to have all the socially inept character traits and ignored life-lessons that he possesses, and still be successful.....however, you're gonna need some very special people around you to support that. And thats the point here. Nothing meaningful can ever be created and maintained by this character because you just cant do what he claims to want to do, on his own. Collaboration is key, and it requires much input from much people to create something crypto-meaningful. It needs management skills he most definitely does not have.

He was actually very reasonable and mostly correct on this point. By far much less worse than the other highly abusive posts of his that I linked from my first post in this thread where I quoted my blog.

Did you notice on this thread how he choose to treat the very people who could have helped and collaborated with him, with utter disdain and disrespect.

Lol. There was no one in that thread who was capable of helping me. That is his huge inkblot ego.

Dont think Gavin or anyone else, would have stayed very long, if Satoshi talked to people like Shelby does.

His inkblot ego thinks the way I interact with trolls like him is the way I interact with my peers such as engineers who are capable like @keean.

He sees a threat, when he should have seen an opportunity, and his pathetic need to show all you how fuckin great he is, is the reason why there will be no Bitcoin killer. Whoever chooses to work with such an insecure 50 year old prick, deserves the biggest medal ever.    

There he goes again flying off into the troll asylum like a psycho loon, but at least he did not mention my kids again.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:31:42 AM

Be grateful you were not tagged left and right, inventor of game theory lol. you would like others to filter the content for you so that you could easily skip the trolling? good luck with that.
I must admit this thread is one of the best topics I have ever seen since a year now, @theymos please don't ban people because of their opinions, if this dude is in opposition of Bitcoin core, let them discuss, we need to hear everybody and their sides of arguments, his posts is better than usual sig campaign garbage posters. just promise that you are not going to break the rules man, we are also human beings and participate here and we are also following the same rules, asking you to respect these rules is the most civil request IMO.

🖤😏
Shelby_Moore_III

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:58:46 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 07:58:10 AM by Shelby_Moore_III

Be grateful you were not tagged left and right

Be grateful for what? Are you accepting that you are a freakin’ slave? Would you just accept abuse as normal? (I find your statement to be so unpalatable to the point of utter disgust that you would think that way)

Is this a cultural difference between us?

Please clarify your point?

I will never be grateful for strife ridden places. They are anti-productive. To be avoided by those who want to successful. Mark Cuban says the secret to becoming a $billionaire is surround yourself with people who remove stress.

I am not going to endure trolling. Too old for that. Life is too short. Waste of life.

, inventor of game theory lol. you would like others to filter the content for you so that you could easily skip the trolling? good luck with that.

I am not the inventor of game theory nor did I ever claim to be. What are you saying?

No I am not proposing that I want to be lazy and have others filter for me. I am proposing that I would be allowed to filter for them when they will trust my judgments because they chose me as a moderator. I was not forced on them. And ditto I might also choose to trust them when they hit the Ignore button, but I would prefer both an ignore post and ignore user (so we can give the trolls a few chances before we banish them entirely from our grouping).

I am not being lazy when I trust[am forced to accept] the self-moderated thread owner to filter for me. I am just proposing that each of us be allowed to choose who we want to be our moderators separately from each of the choices of others as to whom they trust to be their moderators. So then nothing is ever truly deleted from the database.

So for example I am reading a thread and I see some trolling so I press "delete", then everybody who trusts me as a moderator will also not see that post if they later read after I did. And ditto vice versa if I also trust them. It is a groupwise effort. If someone who trusts me as moderator decides to view what I deleted, they have the option to do so.

Please man, you are not making any sense.

just promise that you are not going to break the rules man

Please read my prior message. What rules?

Unfortunately I grow very weary of people like you who can’t even (take the time to) comprehend what I already wrote in this thread. Did you not read what I wrote in my prior post?

As I implied, I would like to shrink the circle of people I interact with to those who do not waste my time like this forcing me to recapitulate so much.

I would propose to have two levels for decentralized moderation: strict and lenient

In strict mode I would have deleted your post as trolling because you did not put enough effort in expressing yourself coherently and reading the thread entirely before you posted. So those following me in strict mode would not see your post. And I probably would have not replied to it. Those following me in lenient mode would see your post but it will be flagged as deleted by me in strict mode. For the worst trolling I would also delete it in lenient mode.

I am an idea machine. I create new s/w feature ideas at a rate of several per day. If ever get back to coding the way I did before I was ill, watch out! (@stereotype would accuse me being narcissistic)

I truly believe that with the decentralized moderation, there would be much less insanity and people would become incentivized and motivated to produce quality constructive discussion instead of this insanity of strife, trolling, and destructive mayhem that is bitcointalk.org.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 09:06:13 AM

The forum staff's time would be better spent elsewhere rather than discussing obviously-valid-bans with try-hard trolls. Just ban him and roach whenever they pop up and let's move on.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: