Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635406 times)
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:35:23 PM

That just ruins the reputation. Why not make a new coin? So people who believed in the coin and put money into it had their investment wiped over night? Great move Dopecoin community...

It wasnt overnight and if you invest in something you should follow that investment. The people who believed in it and put their money into it... and followed it... decided to move to a new chain. I understand its frustrating but unfortunately it is what it is.

Wont touch this shitcoin, since they have no loyalty.  Where is the disclaimer telling investors your coins will be taken away from you unless you believe in it and follow it?   I get them, follow them, then might get tired and forget about them for years, but when I come back and find that you effectively stole my money.. I would not be a happy camper.

Again it is your responsibility to follow your money. The Dope Coin team has nothing but deliver on their promises. The dope coin community has actually helped several other people that lost some coins from the swap out of their own pockets. Every time we see the price of dope go up, people come out of the wood work to complain about the old blockchain that they didnt care enough to follow. Let it go, its your fault not Dope coin's fault.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chris180BTC

Activity: 69
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:26:12 PM

It's not our fault you stole peoples money. You should have created a new coin if you felt this coin was failing. Who are you to say the coin is worthless when people have invested money into it?

Hey I have a idea, let's do the same with Bitcoin? I'm sure it will be the fault of the people who hold the coins in it's current form.. somehow?
Dr Charles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 07:40:31 PM

It's not our fault you stole peoples money. You should have created a new coin if you felt this coin was failing. Who are you to say the coin is worthless when people have invested money into it?

Hey I have a idea, let's do the same with Bitcoin? I'm sure it will be the fault of the people who hold the coins in it's current form.. somehow?

Lol the people who invested money into it are the ones who decided to move to a new chain...

Amelie2015

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:57:45 PM

Notice how all the people bitching only have like 10-20 posts and are all newbie's.

Troll accounts me thinks.

If someone was tech savvy enough to get onboard with crypto back in 2014 and has only posted on the forum 15 times in 2-3 years having an investment then that's just a stupid ignorance.

No one in their right mind just say hey let's buy into this fledgling environment and then check back years later, you either invested a small amount and you are bitter because you fucked up, or you are just trolling because you are a parasite and love to create atmospheres of misery and suck the life from the universe.

Either way you are a prize penis. 

I usually help people regain their initial investment if they missed the coin swap but guess what, I'm fresh out of fucking sympathy.

stock splits, rebranding and takeovers happen all the time in the stock market and in the crypto world this happens at 100x speed.

You fucked up plain and simple, now go leave Crypto to the adults.

Dr Charles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 08:08:37 PM

Notice how all the people bitching only have like 10-20 posts and are all newbie's.

If someone was tech savvy enough to get onboard with crypto back in 2014 and has only posted on the forum 15 times in 2-3 years having an investment then that's just a stupid ignorance.

No one in their right mind just say hey let's buy into this fledgling environment and then check back years later, you either invested a small amount and you are bitter because you fucked up, or you are just trolling because you are a parasite and love to create atmospheres of misery and suck the life from the universe.

I usually help people regain their initial investment if they missed the coin swap but guess what, I'm fresh out of fucking sympathy.

stock splits, rebranding and takeovers happen all the time in the stock market and in the crypto world this happens at 100x speed.

Agreed haha I have a penny stock trading account on Etrade I used a couple years ago that still have stock holdings from 4 or 5 companies... all of which shares are now equal to zero. Investments need to be watched and managed.

Amelie2015

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:34:44 PM

another point to consider is that without reinvention of dopecoin to dopecoin gold it was destined to be delisted, those were shakey and every day i thought is this the day we die as the announcemnt was posted on the coin's page but we got there, if Dopey and the team hadn't stepped up then there would no longer be dope coin.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Anyway you look at it they were goin to lose their money if they didnt regularly check back, loads of coins have been delisted because they failed to upgrade and keep with the times.

I have said my bit and will now pipe down for the remainder of 2017

2018 going to buy me a new house with DOPE
Chris180BTC

Activity: 69
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:53:18 PM

Nice rant...

Here is my old account - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=12683

It got hacked and a bunch of spam posts were made which banned the account. I've been into crypto currencies since 2010, and I know a terrible move when I see one. My point was why not CREATE A NEW COIN? Leave my coin (Dopecoin) alone. I don't care if all the get rich quick newbies wanted it this way, it was a poor move, one which completely removes any trust in the new coin. What's to say it wont happen again? You have effectively destroyed what little was left of the coin. Anyway, I didn't mean to stir up trouble, I don't like drama, I just don't like how my money has been taken away from me by effectively, a completely new coin.
zuepfi11

Activity: 128

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:16:28 AM

Stop grumble around, its your own fault not following your coins in this new financial space. They announced the swap several months on all dopecoin channels. Step in again, its still cheap, or move on. Cheers
Tamryn

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:47:34 AM

Ok - here goes.
This is my FIRST ever post on a forum, so if I'm messing up sorry, I'll get better.

I've some questions about Dopecoin mining.

1) I've sync'd the wallet -ok, but the number of current active connections is 1.  Do I need, to add a...ahhh .conf file and how?

2) Backup up the, currently empty, wallet - but articles that I've found on the 'net, not specifically about DopeCoin, state that I'll need to re-backup the wallet on occasion.  I thought that the wallet was basically an access to an address, sort of, so as long as I have that address + access to it ie password then everything's kosher.

3)Buying Dopecoin is fairly straightforward, the wallet though has the feature - under options, a transaction fee/ kb? For what type of transaction? Dopecoin use in real life?

4) I've an idea about how DopeCoin could be more popular, but haven't read the entire 450+ pages of this forum.  Are ideas that might be repeats ok to talk about, or as a newbie should I just stick to basic mining/forum questions?

Hope this posting works, odd to do + not exactly intuitive.
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:36:20 AM

DOPECOIN RELEASES CRITICAL WALLET UPDATE IN PREPARATION FOR LAUNCH OF MAJOR UPGRADE
World-Wide 12/26/2017

The DopeCoin Development Team has officially released an update to the DopeCoin wallet (v. 4.0.0.4).   Although minor in nature, the update is critical to developments on the horizon and the team is asking the community to act with a sense of urgency in upgrading their client to the latest version.

The soon to be released major upgrade to the DopeCoin Core wallet has already been developed and is in the final stages of testing. However, this major upgrade will produce staking blocks that are incompatible with client versions 4.0.0.3 and below.  The 4.0.0.4 client update fixes this incompatibility and also adds a checkpoint at block 300500.   The team has released 4.0.0.4 well in advance of the next upgrade in order to prepare the network for a smooth transition and to avoid any potential complications.   Anyone running any version of the client below 4.0.0.4 after 2/01/2018 will find themselves running on a forked chain and their stakes will be invalid.

Please do not delay and upgrade your client as soon as possible.

DopeCoin  v. 4.0.0.4 Wallet Download Links

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:02:54 AM

Ok - here goes.
This is my FIRST ever post on a forum, so if I'm messing up sorry, I'll get better.

1) I've sync'd the wallet -ok, but the number of current active connections is 1.  Do I need, to add a...ahhh .conf file and how?

2) Backup up the, currently empty, wallet - but articles that I've found on the 'net, not specifically about DopeCoin, state that I'll need to re-backup the wallet on occasion.  I thought that the wallet was basically an access to an address, sort of, so as long as I have that address + access to it ie password then everything's kosher.

3)Buying Dopecoin is fairly straightforward, the wallet though has the feature - under options, a transaction fee/ kb? For what type of transaction? Dopecoin use in real life?

4) I've an idea about how DopeCoin could be more popular, but haven't read the entire 450+ pages of this forum.  Are ideas that might be repeats ok to talk about, or as a newbie should I just stick to basic mining/forum questions?

hello and welcome  Smiley
1) optional, do if you need to, examples can easily be found using search
2) do not save an unencrypted copy of your wallet.dat. do save multiple copys of your wallet.dat, on different media, and you should refresh the backup with every change you make to the wallet, as new addresses are created with almost every transaction. you may or may not want to export the private key(s).
3) the tx fee pays the miners for processing transactions, and helps prevent spammers from atacking. if you want to, you can pay extra, it should speed the tx
4) lots of free speech/libertarians around heah ... pls feel free  Grin

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Sigmasergey

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 08:55:40 AM

i have a problem on the update wallet version 4.0.0.4

I downloaded the zipped file. How do I proceed? I need to unpack the zip file in the folder with the purse of the previous version (and thus replace all existing files) or need to create a new folder ?!

I know that I'm noob, but who is not difficult please write the answer, thank you!
dopey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:05:06 AM

N

I downloaded the zipped file. How do I proceed? I need to unpack the zip file in the folder with the purse of the previous version (and thus replace all existing files) or need to create a new folder ?!

I know that I'm noob, but who is not difficult please write the answer, thank you!

No bud it is very simple.

Step 1: Download and unzip file
Step 2: Run the wallet

Nothing else needs to be done.
Sigmasergey

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:21:10 AM

N

No bud it is very simple.

Step 1: Download and unzip file
Step 2: Run the wallet

Nothing else needs to be done.

Ueee!!! It`s work it! Thank you guys
AdamT

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:52:10 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 03:16:18 PM by AdamT

DOPECOIN RELEASES CRITICAL WALLET UPDATE IN PREPARATION FOR LAUNCH OF MAJOR UPGRADE
World-Wide 12/26/2017

The DopeCoin Development Team has officially released an update to the DopeCoin wallet (v. 4.0.0.4).   Although minor in nature, the update is critical to developments on the horizon and the team is asking the community to act with a sense of urgency in upgrading their client to the latest version.

The soon to be released major upgrade to the DopeCoin Core wallet has already been developed and is in the final stages of testing. However, this major upgrade will produce staking blocks that are incompatible with client versions 4.0.0.3 and below.  The 4.0.0.4 client update fixes this incompatibility and also adds a checkpoint at block 300500.   The team has released 4.0.0.4 well in advance of the next upgrade in order to prepare the network for a smooth transition and to avoid any potential complications.   Anyone running any version of the client below 4.0.0.4 after 2/01/2018 will find themselves running on a forked chain and their stakes will be invalid.

Please do not delay and upgrade your client as soon as possible.

DopeCoin  v. 4.0.0.4 Wallet Download Links

@dopey New Mac wallet 4.0.0.4 doesn't work, it just quits when starting. I've been running 4.0.0.3 just fine for months on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Solution?

Dr Charles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 03:22:13 PM

^^ What does the report say?

dopey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:42:17 PM

I forwarded this to lateminer, I'm sure he will provide support shortly.
Tamryn

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:18:28 AM

Ok - here goes.

hello and welcome  Smiley
1) optional, do if you need to, examples can easily be found using search
2) do not save an unencrypted copy of your wallet.dat. do save multiple copys of your wallet.dat, on different media, and you should refresh the backup with every change you make to the wallet, as new addresses are created with almost every transaction. you may or may not want to export the private key(s).
3) the tx fee pays the miners for processing transactions, and helps prevent spammers from atacking. if you want to, you can pay extra, it should speed the tx
4) lots of free speech/libertarians around heah ... pls feel free  Grin

Thank you for the information - nice  Grin
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:20:52 AM

Ok - here goes.

Welcome to Dopecoin. All good questions for sure. Def. let us know how Dopecoin can be more popular for sure! don't hold back  Grin

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Cpt_plombeur

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:11:16 PM

A reminder for the newcommers concerning the wallet: save your private key.

if anything happen to your wallet, you just need to install new wallet, enter your private key, and you're good !!

very helpful

Cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: