Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Co-op - Let's build some new businesses!  (Read 1995 times)
payb.tc (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 12:31:48 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2011, 01:57:59 PM by payb.tc

i'm starting a new website as sort of an 'umbrella' site which will help me organise and build many new projects and also let people share in profits based on their contribution to each project.

this is going to be hard to explain at first, until i get a lot more documentation and development done on the idea, but for starters, please have a read of http://bitcoincoop.com

maybe it's possible to do things via gblse.com but i feel like that will make things way more complicated than they need to be.

so any way, this co-op will hopefully build many new bitcoin-related businesses and give all the contributors a share of the profits of each business.

the very first 'project' on the list will be to build the first pieces of the co-op itself (logo and initial website).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 06:39:53 PM

I like this initiative had been thinking of doing this myself Smiley I'll watch this thread!

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 08:56:51 PM

I'd be interested in helping out where I can. I am not too knowledgeable about web development, but you know some of my other areas of interest. Though I am aware that a lot of bitcoin organizations are heavily reliant of websites, if not entirely.

If anything I would at the very least be willing to provide hosting for an organization.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
payb.tc (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 11:14:32 PM

thank you both for your interest.

at the moment, there are more ideas in my head than i have managed to put down on paper, both for how this co-op will work and for some of the projects it could be working on.

s&m (ha, just noticed that), i'm sure your talents will come in handy too.

anyway, for the actual projects, i think we should start with something simple (simple like a coin toss game, although maybe more interesting).

i'm open to suggestions at this point for just about any kind of bitcoin-related online business, but will probably start with the smaller, quicker ones so that we can get a feel for how such a co-op will work, and also so that development of bitcoincoop.com can keep pace with the rest of what we're doing.

...will come back and post with some actual direction, if no other suggestions are forthcoming.
payb.tc (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 01:52:32 AM

I like this initiative had been thinking of doing this myself Smiley I'll watch this thread!

who did your awesome logo by the way?
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 02:02:08 AM

I had someone on the forum create it but I believe they are long gone :/ I'll see if they are still around!

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
payb.tc (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 02:29:48 AM

I had someone on the forum create it but I believe they are long gone :/ I'll see if they are still around!

i'm hoping i can get some designers and programmers thinking long term... i suspect most will prefer some kind of immediate payment (which i can do a little bit to get the ball rolling).

but maybe once things get going and we've got a few successful projects running, more might be tempted to come on board for a % deal.

so far no responses for bitcoincoop logo.
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 08:49:14 PM

great project you have there, its almost like our www.bitcoinstarter.com

would you put this on glbse.com ?
payb.tc (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 12:39:40 AM

thanks. i thought bitstarter was looking for investors to invest their bitcoins in start up projects?

i'm not asking for any bitcoins from anyone for this. any direct monetary investment would come from my pocket. just want to trade people's skills and time for a % in what they work on.

most probably won't put it on gblse.com...

too complicated. too messy. too many complaints about that site's ease-of-use.
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 11:36:49 PM

thanks. i thought bitstarter was looking for investors to invest their bitcoins in start up projects?

i'm not asking for any bitcoins from anyone for this. any direct monetary investment would come from my pocket. just want to trade people's skills and time for a % in what they work on.

most probably won't put it on gblse.com...

too complicated. too messy. too many complaints about that site's ease-of-use.

This is great. I'd be happy to offer customer service on any projects which require that.

tuckerlee

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 05:55:04 PM

I can offer online support and web design. Let me know!

Bitrated user: tuckerlee.
dollartrader

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:03:06 AM

Let me know if I can be of help...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: