Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:16:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2983 times)
woolm110

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 11:59:50 AM

Well, that is part of the reasons why the price will skyrocket because the supply is limited. Just like gold. I think buyers and holders of bitcoin today will be mega rich billionaires in future once the supply declines

I hope so! I bought mine 18 months ago but ended up selling some, I really want to get back into the 21 million club, at the minute I only own half Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:02:00 PM

Bitcoin needs are growing rapidly. This can be a crisis of Bitcoin in the market. Generally, if the demand increases from the supply, the crisis also increases as the crisis arises. So also for bitcoins.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:05:01 PM

Well, that is part of the reasons why the price will skyrocket because the supply is limited. Just like gold. I think buyers and holders of bitcoin today will be mega rich billionaires in future once the supply declines

I hope so! I bought mine 18 months ago but ended up selling some, I really want to get back into the 21 million club, at the minute I only own half Sad

you said you own half , so does that mean you have 10.5 millions of bitcoin in your purse? Wtf man , that is pretty big . or you only mean that you only own  0.5 or half of the whole one bitcoin ? if it is then dont be so sad because that amount is still big and will continue to grow bigger as soon as the totall supply of bitcoin will run out.

Re: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?

Yes it is possible , bitcoin mining is the one reason that bitcoins supply is decreasing . but that isnt a big problem at all , instead it is an advantage to all of us because the price of bitcoin will probably skyrocket as soon as the supply is also declining.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:10:23 PM

Bitcoin has a fixed total volume of 21million and will never exceed that volume. Bitcoin can never be in shortage because people are always transacting with bitcoin. If  I hold bitcoin and there is a need for me to sell off  certainly  i am going sell to solve my financial need.
pritibitisi

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

anyways if the demand would be high in the future most probably it would be expensive to accumulate bitcoin
 but the nature of crypto is not always going up so down of market will be expected in the future as it is happening now.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:17:22 PM

It will not come to that point. There will never be a Bitcoin shortage. The value of Bitcoin could adjust up to whatever point it needs just to satisfy the demand and the necessary valuation when the entire world will be using Bitcoin. If the demand is rising so high due to the billions of people across the world using Bitcoin, the market will be assigning a bigger value to every Satoshi. There are eight decimal points in every BTC. It may happen that .00000005 BTC will be valued 1 USD.

Its the law of supply and demand,the more people uses bitcoin the higher the priceof bitcoin may,and remember thats why the is alternative coins this will support the lacking of the main crypto and people may use altcoins depend on what service or product they stands for thats why never think of shortages because this will never happen
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:31:14 PM

ya it will happen and that time even a single satoshi will cost you 1$ price so who ever owns a single btc will be a millionaire or billionaire.  That is why it is said that who ever was in bitcoin in starting time they had costed 1 btc only pennis and if anyone saved that time today it will be millionaire and same thing will be said after 20 years that who ever saved today is millionaire after 20 yrs. This shortage will create a very high price for btc and same like ETH will also gain power.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:10:36 PM

shortages are inevitable, after a certain period of time bitcoin cannot be mined anymore. as said in this thread that around 80% has been mined therefore only 20% if left. this is only of the reason for the prices of coin to rise.
HeartDesire888

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:24:02 PM

I think that the number of bitcoin right now are not enough for the whole world. It's very simple that every single people are not use this bitcoin. If you think there will be a storage that will create problem.
samtasse1488

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

Well, yes, I agree with you, the deficit will not be bitkoin it will be very few at all, there will be a lot of fake offers to buy bitcoin. Next to the throne is likely to go etherium. And it will be the same with him as bitcoin, but it will not happen soon. Everything in the world can not be infinite.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:08:33 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
if indeed bitcoin needed by all people of course bitcoin will make changes to meet the needs because along with the development of technology that is more advanced and developing

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:16:15 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

I think there is a possibility so have a bitcoin shortage because some of bitcoin users now quitting to use the bitcoin. As of now, the demand of bitcoin decreasing so it can cause bitcoin shortage. I think if the bitcoin users continues the quitting of using bitcoin, there is a possibility to have a bitcoin shortage.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:21:18 PM

I think bitcoin will not come up to shortage, because of many investors and traders that makes valuable for the bitcoin in the market. If there is a time that bitcoin drops its price value, maybe it will have shortage because many people are going to buy it when in the time of bitcoin is low.
BlackAngel999

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:21:55 PM

Bitcoin is limited. I think btc policy is like that limit the storage supply and increase the demand for better enhancement
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:45:02 PM

I think if all the people of the world buy bitcoin, with a little volume left, then it will not fill a demand.

but, if only some people understand bitcoin they buy bitcoin, it will be enough. but only get small pieces of bitcoin. because even though spreading and public enthusiasm of bitcoin are high, but bitcoin uptrend is still low.

salalaman

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:51:31 PM

Not at all unless we really do not want to sell it.
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:11:06 PM

In my opinion it is possible to have a bitcoin shortage.but it's then possible when the bitcoin users continues the quitting of using bitcoin.in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:11:56 PM

its good if the demand of bitcoin is high when the stock in the market is low, people that want to have bitcoin will buy with high price if they really want bitcoin, its makes the bitcoin price is high and the value of bitcoin is increase more and more because of this. so i think it will good if there are many people that want to have a bitcoin

Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:15:51 PM

A fixed money supply, or a supply altered only in accord with objective and calculable criteria, is a necessary condition to a meaningful just price of money. In a centralized economy, currency is issued by a central bank at a rate that is supposed to match the growth of the amount of goods that are exchanged so that these goods can be traded with stable prices. The monetary base is controlled by a central bank. In the United States, the Fed increases the monetary base by issuing currency, increasing the amount banks have on reserve or by a process called Quantitative Easing.

In a fully decentralized monetary system, there is no central authority that regulates the monetary base. Instead, currency is created by the nodes of a peer-to-peer network. The Bitcoin generation algorithm defines, in advance, how currency will be created and at what rate. Any currency that is generated by a malicious user that does not follow the rules will be rejected by the network and thus is worthless.
Aleshia696

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

In my opinion bitcoin shortage is not possible as it has become so popular that it's price may increase a lot but i don't think shortage is an option for bitcoin only people will get less amount of bitcoin with big amount of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: