Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2993 times)
zxcv cool

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:44:36 PM

It's not likely. There's always BTC trading in the market. If BTC demand is high, do you think BTC prices will keep falling? The price of BTC will fall because demand is not high.

PJLimbo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:48:01 PM

In the event that it is conceivable, I dont think bitcoin was even made for everybody to hold a bitcoin for each person. Perhaps you misjudged the genuine motivation behind bitcoin. However, in the event that it comes to a point wherein bitcoin would all be mined then that would be the time the cost expands in light of lesser supply and more on the request
Dadaro

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:16:30 PM

No. Not gonna happen. The demand for it will rise up resulting in higher price because the supply got fewer. Law of supply and demand.
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:35:51 PM

Bitcoin and the truth may well not be enough for everyone who wants to buy it since they are limited. This is one of the reasons for their high price.
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:42:46 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
Bitcoin supply is limited, but as long as there are transactions I think the supply of bitcoin will not run out,
unless all bitcoin owners store the bitcoin they have and never sell it, but is that possible? try thinking again.
Redredred

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:59:13 PM

It has been estimated that the last Bitcoin will be mined around 2140. So many people have projected that there could be a shortage after all Bitcoin has been mined.
But this wouldn't happen if Bitcoin is serving it's purpose as a currency. This way Bitcoin people wouldn't hodl BTC and there could be proper exchange of the digital currency.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:46:27 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
I think not yet possible that bitcoin will get shorted because we can see that bitcoin is continuously mined and there are millions of people who are investing into bitcoin and there are millions of bitcoin present in the market and this is like other Fiat currencies which keeps on circulating and there are very rare chances that it could ever be fell short otherwise bitcoin bitcoin is very sustainable crypto currency and I am sure that it will last for many decades.
Tashi

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:33:53 PM

Yes it is.  Bitcoin is limited and it will never enough for everyone. Also if shortage happened,  the value will be very high making it's user / investors really wealthy.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:37:10 PM

Yes it is.  Bitcoin is limited and it will never enough for everyone. Also if shortage happened,  the value will be very high making it's user / investors really wealthy.

well, Bitcoin has a limited supply so that will be obvious that not everyone will not get a share on the supply of Bitcoin. And the more that everyone wants to get a share of Bitcoin, the more the demand became higher and the more the price of Bitcoin will rise since the price of Bitcoin is based on the law of the demand and supply.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
gharjas2517

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:40:36 PM

The shortage of Bitcoins is possible. I think every big increase in the price of Bitcoins is due to a shortage of Bitcoins. We all know that Bitcoins were designed to cut production by half every four years. This rule is thought to have something to do with the previous two bull markets.
KS03

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

Hi I'm KS03

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:13:51 PM

The price will skyrocket (as it has in the past) if we start to get a tightening supply of Bitcoin.  I doubt a shortage is possible.  Everyone has their price.  The ETF will allow the banker/govt to print unlimited bitcoin.  That will be interesting. 

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER[/color]  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════[/table]
uyenkt

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:08:15 PM

It must be noted that all resources are limited, but it depends on how we use them, to make them beneficial for our world
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:38:18 PM

I think it will happen when bitcoin stops mining new coins. There is gonna be more demand and less supply. But seeing the situation of current market, I have become stressful. I do feel things would be better after some time but this time is tough for crypto traders.
Vulcansalute

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:02:43 PM

There cannot be a bitcoin shortage. It has limited supply , so if there is more demand , the higher the prices, that is why it's better than common fiat which has somewhat unlimited supply leading to inflation. That's why bitcoin is better than fiat but the powers that be will not let it come to the fore.
bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:29:00 PM

If I understood that correctly I think that my name of the last block is unavoidable and bitcoin supply will never be decreased that it was initially created, but after that the price will as well unavoidably grow.
melkola

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:32:06 PM

I believe that if will several dominant, global coins, then this will be very well. Because now many crypto-currencies are somehow tied to bitcoin and react very strongly to the change in its price. But there are those who react in the other direction. The more global coins will be on the market, the better I think so.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:34:45 PM

I don't think bitcoin will ever short. The price will rather increase drastically. Maybe 1 SAT might be worth $10 or $100 in some years to come. It all depends on the scarcity but it will still be enough. And maybe we may start trading and selling sub satoshi like CryptoHub is doing.
Lakshanl

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

First of all, every Bitcoin can be broken down into 100 million Satoshi. This is the real unit of the cryptocurrency. In addition, new bitcoin is being added to the supply continually.

Although the new cryptocurrencies have names like "Bitcoin Cash" or “Bitcoin Gold," they have value because of their association with bitcoin and effectively increase the total supply of the bitcoin "brand."

The acceptance and use of a cryptocurrency gives it real long-term value. This is the next development in the world of blockchain, and it is already taking place. Political arguments regarding decentralized authority are less important than the real-world goods and services that can be obtained with the coin.
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

Yeah i agree with yours , that in near future we will see bitcoin shortage. I mean worlds total population 7.5 Billion. And as the blockchain technology now reaching to almost every countries and as it is very cheap , it is matter of time that many people will learn more about it and will be very much interested in btc. But bitcoin total supply 21 million among those ~17 million Already mined and it is a matter of time that all btc will be mined ( though mining becoming more difficult with time). Then definitely we will see bitcoin shortage . But this can also be a good news to us  , because due to limited supply and more demand price of bitcoin will increase simultaneously which can affect the whole crypto market.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
anil_saini01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:11:03 PM

Yes it is possible since its supply is limited to 21 million only. If the interest in bitcoin rises at a parabolic rate then it is for sure that it will be really hard to lay your hand on bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: