Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2983 times)
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 12:38:37 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

the shortage in bitcoin that you are referring to will not materialize.
yes there may only be 21 million bitcoin supply and some of this are gone forever.
but you must also realize that every piece of bitcoin can be divided into fractions.
hat is why if ever the whole world will use it we can still all have a part of it.
0.000000001 bitcoin is still a bitcoin after all.
Cheesy

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
IamKnowledge

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

I do not think that, there will be bitcoin shortage will happen any time soon. It will get to a time that the demand of bitcoins will be very high but that does not mean there will be shortage, more bitcoins will be mined.
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:09:09 AM

This is evident, Bitcoin has a limited number. Bitcoin prices are down for this reason as well. However, when Bitcoins are fully decoded, this will result in a lower supply compared to demand, which will result in Bitcoin increasing again.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:19:39 AM

IMO, there won’t be a Bitcoin shortage since the price will adjust according to demand and supply. Bitcoin will get more expensive in the case of more buyer and less seller.
I agree. Bitcoin can be more expensive when less seller on it. More demand will change the price positively and that will happen when people learn who important to hold is and buy more volume to be much profitable but once the price goes up far, everyone sell and price goes down again. That is how the market circulates, high price makes us to be greed wanting for more but there are people who knows how much to wait to gain good profit and decide immediate sell.

shelemiah31

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:30:55 AM

I think there is no such thing as bitcoin storage because it is decentralized, it ia flexible.The value of it gets high and low and you cannot just store it.It is also being used in many ways.However, you can keep it in your bitcoin wallet.
Chicksteen

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:31:32 AM

I do not think that, there will be bitcoin shortage will happen any time soon. It will get to a time that the demand of bitcoins will be very high but that does not mean there will be shortage, more bitcoins will be mined.
Bitcoin has shortage when there can be increase in demand but it just happen for short time because when you know that you already have enough holding and it much profitable, no need to hold any longer and sell it which provide another supply in the market. Being in highest price stays shorter than when the price is cheaper. Shortage is not going to happen that far because we hold cheaper coin that give huge profit even the price do not get the value it had last year.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:53:20 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 02:08:15 AM by BitcoinPanther

That is a sound analysis actually. At 21 million finite bitcoins to be mined, the time will come when shortage might just happen. As with the continual desire and interest of many to get involved in the bitcoin market, that 21 million bitcoin might not be enough. Add the fact that there is an estimated total of 17 to 24 percent of current bitcoin in circulation that is lost, the total bitcoin after the last one has been unearthed will be well below 21 million.

And yes, we just might see an alternative-to-bitcoin coin or token to emerge as the second sought after cryptocurrency as an alternative which is good for the whole of cryptocurrency.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:17:55 AM

It's possible if massive adoption happens the price of Bitcoin will surge and there will be shortage of Bitcoin because people will prefer to hold I don't know if this is good for the eco system of Bitcoin because there will be fewer transactions because people will prefer to hold than use it to buy or transact.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:25:40 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

I think this scenario is very possible. It could a group of investors will hoard a lot of bitcoin and then they wait for that shortage because they are just keeping to make the price explode. But I think the altcoin could also save us from that ugly situation.
Dinomoves

Activity: 122

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:35:35 AM

The bitcoin is only 21 million coins and they said they will divide it into decimals to provide for many.Yes, the price may soar high but I think one reason there are many cryptocurrencies now is because of its lack of supply already or its price and volatility.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:01:58 AM

It is very possible to have a bitcoin shortage because the supply of bitcoin is fixed and that means that if the demand will continue to grow over the time then that will just give bitcoin a shortage because the supply is not enough to sustain the demand of the people in the market from buying it.
Vincemanam21

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:06:25 AM

Yes. It will happen . Like now , the price is very high because the supply is very limited..  It is very very possible that shortage will come.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:09:15 AM

I think it might happen because the condition of the total supply of bitcoin has very limited capacity and the demand is getting higher so I am sure this bitcoin will be increasingly difficult to obtain.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:09:56 AM

That would indeed not create any kind of bitcoin shortage Grin Instead the price fir bitcoins will surely blow up and will reach some new heights. There are about 21M bitcoins in circulation and the price for them depends on the demand and supply factor. The price will always keep on rising as the demand for bitcoins will rise so we all should hope a better demand ahead as you mentioned and it would surely get us huge profits for holding bitcoins.
indopool

Activity: 403

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:11:21 AM

I think Bitcoin will not be short of supply to meet demand, because I know that Bitcoin can be broken into the smallest part, and the price will increase following market demand, and Ethereum will be the second choice after Bitcoin.
Chicksteen

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:59:18 AM

I think it might happen because the condition of the total supply of bitcoin has very limited capacity and the demand is getting higher so I am sure this bitcoin will be increasingly difficult to obtain.
Shortage of supply make the price to go up. I believe that it won't take long to have very limited supply because everyone are not that greedy to keep on holding and they may sell after analyzing to get high profit from it. Even demand is increasing on the market, many are giving chance for them buy selling and get the price lower and affordable by them.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:11:18 AM

When time comes that bitcoin is accepted worldwide and every governments are in favor of us then for sure most of the alternative coins are accepted too,and the tokens at the same time

If does then people will not only focus for the bitcoin to use since this will be much precious ,and if i were to choose i will prefer buying cheaper coin with the same function.after that do you think shortage will come?i believe its not right?
rexona

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:15:41 AM

if more and more bitcoin fans and the supply of bitcoin is up, of course that will make the price of bitcoin will be even higher, so in my opinion before that happens we must have bitcoin before the price becomes more expensive.
jademaxsuy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:51:23 AM

Well, that is part of the reasons why the price will skyrocket because the supply is limited. Just like gold. I think buyers and holders of bitcoin today will be mega rich billionaires in future once the supply declines
yeah i know but if all the people around the world will going to invest on BTC how much market price will it be for bitcoin? This could make some confusions when there are a lot of zeroes after the decimal point. So basically there should be a remedy that could not affect bitcoin market price at the same time the supply will grow.
introvart wonder

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:00:22 AM

though  there is enough storage of bitcoin, its buyer is increasing in a very high rate....so there is a possibility of shortage of coin.... but the authority must take step about this..... besides the unstable price influence the investor not to invest here....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: