Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:56:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2993 times)
rosemary4u

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:17:28 PM

It is not possible, bitcoin is a digital currency and just as fiat currency, I don't think there can ever be shortage, the price will only go up and down depending on the demand and supply. This does not imply that there is shortage of bitcoin.
Coongcoonggg

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:34:41 AM

More and more investors is increasing day by day and in future bitcoin demand will be more so shortage of supply is possible and in future bitcoin price will fly like rocket and who are buying and holding bitcoin these days they will be in good profit but this is the matter of time but this condition can be happen in future.
Chandan_gupta

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:39:20 AM

I don't think so that in future there will be a shortage of buying BTC because its not a local currency its a online transaction scheme. So its not possible until any limitations will be implement on buying BTC
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:52:59 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

I think that the 21 million bitcoin coins are just alloted to those people who are indeed a bitcoiner. It is a fact that not everyone needs bitcoin. So for me, there won't be a shortage or else its price will skyrocket.
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:57:50 AM

I believe that no single coin will overthrow the bitcoin from his throne. bitcoin as was in the first place in the crypto community and will be on it

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:05:24 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
No that wont happen that bitcoin will be out of order as the supply deteriorates the market price will goes high and for that bitcoin market price will just go higher but it could never lose its supply. This is the law and demand supply of cryptocurrency the greater the supply the lower its market price and the lower the supply the higher its market price will be.
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:27:06 PM

With respect to my own feeling in regards to this issue I do imagine that in the coming more years as the BTC people group is continue developing this issue may have a high probability to happen to have a lack in BTC. Well I figure this is something to be thankful for to happen and ideally the BTC will thought about it as a chance.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:28:52 PM

I think it is possible when people who have bitcoin keep it and hold it. They will not sell it and when there is a shortage in bitcoin, the price will increase because the demand of bitcoin is increasing.
vin22

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:08:10 PM

I don't think it is everly possible for bitcoin to start reducing in the wallet because, it is not a petrol that depreciate when heated by heat or even any other solid when transfom reduce in size,  I only believe that its price can drop and later riwe back but it can not just vanish in tine air.
topsyze

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

That will be when the total supply Is reached.
Nicole Dias

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:35:14 PM

no, it is impossible to have bitcoin shortage. Now, Bitcoin is  still mined continually. And Bitcoin is not popular spread, many people have not known about Bitcoin. It is extremely for all people to use Bitcoin because the price is high. Anyway, I still hope that Bitcoin can develop more.
Gregory Brown

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:41:34 PM

Of course, it all people all around the world use Bitcoin, It will be shortage. Because just having 21 million Bitcoin is not enough for 7 billion people. But, as a matter of fact, there is only one tenth people of all the world using Bitcoin. Moreover, the price of Bitcoin now is approximate 6500 USD- a big money.
DannyMarco

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:10:11 PM

Yes, because as far I know there has a fixed amount of bit coin and if everyone buy and hold then market will go through bitcoin's shortage.
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:21:02 PM

I agree with you. i think that there will be an alternative coin so the market will not only be for the rich but for everyone.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:41:44 PM

Yes you have a point but there most be a way to manage the once we have available because not every body that will hold all they have some meant decide to sell out and this will  create opportunity for does that have interest to buy, it normal that bitcoin trading can't not be dormant so they most be alternative if every body decide to hold.
AquaVitae

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

If there would be no shortage, but infinite amount of coins printed every day, then the value of Btc would be 0. The reason that Btc, or anything else, has value is that there is limited amount of them available. If demand increases, then price increases, because supply can't increase.
Supremacy1

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:53:09 PM

It will makes the price jump, the more people adopt it the more the demand will increase
Wobweb038

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:07:21 PM

With respect to me, I dont think in the coming years bitcoin will come up short on deficiency on the grounds that the bitcoin network is developing every day. Well it really a deal however. Atleast it will make work and open door for individuals once the world gets include
brutalboy

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:43:59 PM

This idea, or, actually, the discussion of possible BTC shortage reminded me of the Millennium Bug (Y2K Bug/Y2K Apocalypse). Do you remember the predictions? Whatever happened? Sometimes things are not what they seem to be. So, let's live and see. I believe the system will balance out in the end.
Sergey698698

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

don't expect there will be a shortage of bitcoin.Because bitcoin is divided into Satoshi.Maybe dollars are not enough to buy 1 Satoshi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: