Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Android Wallet Beta Testing (from HashEngineering) [w/ native hash!]  (Read 8731 times)
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:41:58 PM

If there is another list somewhere that I can use of reliable servers that are always on, that would be great (http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/267/help-wallet-internet-seed-nodes).  This is important, because I think one of the rate limiting steps of syncing the blockchain for new users is the speed of these various nodes.  If many people are using the app, the nodes may not be able to handle all the traffic and it may be slow. 
Looking into this..

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:37:11 PM

Wonderful app! Compliments to the creator of the app, QRK foundation and Coinmama who initiated all this :-)

I already gave some feedback at the QRK forum and just updated the app with the newest version.

A lot of suggestions/comments are already addressed here.

Some things I noticed:

- When you empty your app wallet and for example 500mQRK is available, you can only send 499mQRK. It seems that there should be minimal 1 mQRK left on your app which is not visible anymore.
- It would be nice if there is a button that you can select that QRK only synchronize when it is connected to WiFi.
- The exchange rate is not working for my App.
- You can turn off the background synchronization now, but it is not easy to do. Can there be just a "turn off" button, which close the QRK app completely without background running?

The feature I don't understand  is "request QRK". Can that be explained? To my opinion it is a strange request Tongue

HashEngineering (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:39:17 AM

Some things I noticed:

1- When you empty your app wallet and for example 500mQRK is available, you can only send 499mQRK. It seems that there should be minimal 1 mQRK left on your app which is not visible anymore.
2- It would be nice if there is a button that you can select that QRK only synchronize when it is connected to WiFi.
3- The exchange rate is not working for my App.
4- You can turn off the background synchronization now, but it is not easy to do. Can there be just a "turn off" button, which close the QRK app completely without background running?

The feature I don't understand  is "request QRK". Can that be explained? To my opinion it is a strange request Tongue

1-  The app does add a 0.00010 QRK transaction fee to each amount of coins that is sent.  Therefore, if you empty your wallet, the recipient will get the entire amount less the transaction fee.  With the desktop client, it is possible to send some coins for free, if certain rules are met.  However, it is not possible for the app to know all the information to see if a transaction can be free.  The transaction fees go to the miners.
2-  I will look into a Wifi only sync feature.
3-  Not sure why the exchange rates are not working.  The app uses Cryptsy then BTER to get the information.
4.  The best way to turn off background sync is to press the back button (from some testing that I have done.  It may not work in all cases).

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Coinmama2014

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:35:04 AM

SilverMetal the "request" feature can be used in a number of ways!
When Quark becomes more widely acceptable for goods and services, etc...This is a nice way to invoice someone. You would fill out the requested amount, then choose the "share" icon to send the request..In that request, you could include details of the services you provided, or a quote for services to be rendered, or a product to be purchased, etc.

Also, another example.. Say your kid is at the cool movie theater down the street and they accept quarks! He requests x amount of QRK in a text to see the Matrix, part V...It starts in 30 seconds!! You get it to him just in time!!!
 Wink

Coinmama2014

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:57:09 AM

Actually, now I have 2 question/comments regarding the "request coins" function:
1) Is it possible to send the QR code with the request? I couldn't do it, but this would be nice to be able to scan an email request with the phone.
2) When I test the request coins function, the message adds a ? to the QRK address...also if I "include label" with the request, it looks like this:
amount=40&label+coinmama%20QRK...Its a bit hard to decipher.. also the request was for 40 QRK, not 20QRK

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:17:03 AM

Actually, now I have 2 question/comments regarding the "request coins" function:
1) Is it possible to send the QR code with the request? I couldn't do it, but this would be nice to be able to scan an email request with the phone.
2) When I test the request coins function, the message adds a ? to the QRK address...also if I "include label" with the request, it looks like this:
amount=40&label+coinmama%20QRK...Its a bit hard to decipher.. also the request was for 40 QRK, not 20QRK

Right now, I don't believe it is possible to send an email with a QR code.  Instead it is sending the Quark URI.  An example is here:

quark:QLtLcRLMCshyFisUR2e3YSSqwbR4DjdT46?amount=40&label=Hash%20Engineering

This should be readable by a Quark Client and I just activated this feature in the Quark Wallet.  If one were to click on this as a link from a browser on the phone, it would activate the App.  Not sure about other apps understanding this URI as a link.

quark:QLtLcRLMCshyFisUR2e3YSSqwbR4DjdT46?amount=40&label=Hash%20Engineering <-- this is a link

In your example, the amount was 40, but your label was "coinmama QRK", which is translated as "coinmama%20QRK"  The %20 represents a space ' ' in a URI, which should not contain spaces.

Basically this request is not meant to be readable by people so much as usable by another Quark program that can read it and do something with it. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:32:55 AM

Right now, I don't believe it is possible to send an email with a QR code.  Instead it is sending the Quark URI.  An example is here:

quark:QLtLcRLMCshyFisUR2e3YSSqwbR4DjdT46?amount=40&label=Hash%20Engineering

This should be readable by a Quark Client and I just activated this feature in the Quark Wallet.  If one were to click on this as a link from a browser on the phone, it would activate the App.  Not sure about other apps understanding this URI as a link.

quark:QLtLcRLMCshyFisUR2e3YSSqwbR4DjdT46?amount=40&label=Hash%20Engineering <-- this is a link

In your example, the amount was 40, but your label was "coinmama QRK", which is translated as "coinmama%20QRK"  The %20 represents a space ' ' in a URI, which should not contain spaces.

Basically this request is not meant to be readable by people so much as usable by another Quark program that can read it and do something with it. 

That's a pretty cool feature. Keep up the good work.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:22:58 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 05:59:30 AM by HashEngineering

Here is the latest update:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/quarkcoin-wallet/releases/download/v0.1.4-beta/quark-wallet-0.1.4-beta.apk

Fixes include URI schemes.

quark:QLtLcRLMCshyFisUR2e3YSSqwbR4DjdT46?amount=40&label=Hash%20Engineering - if you click this link on your phone with the Quark app, it will load the send coins screen with my address and the amount of 40 QRK.

Edit:  The above link will not activate the Quark app.  This was found out at a later time.    There is a link on this page that will work:  http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/quark/

silvermetal

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:26:15 PM

Thanks HashEngineering for your clear answers, and great work you have done by creation of this app!

SilverMetal the "request" feature can be used in a number of ways!
When Quark becomes more widely acceptable for goods and services, etc...This is a nice way to invoice someone. You would fill out the requested amount, then choose the "share" icon to send the request..In that request, you could include details of the services you provided, or a quote for services to be rendered, or a product to be purchased, etc.

Also, another example.. Say your kid is at the cool movie theater down the street and they accept quarks! He requests x amount of QRK in a text to see the Matrix, part V...It starts in 30 seconds!! You get it to him just in time!!!
 Wink

Coinmama, this is just what I was afraid of.
My wife shopping for shoes, my children to the movies all requesting for my QRKs. Then I will end with zero QRKs before the end of the month Tongue
I will remove this feature from their wallets. lol
Coinmama2014

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:10:25 AM

https://github.com/HashEngineering/quarkcoin-wallet/releases/download/v0.1.4-beta/quark-wallet-0.1.4-beta.apk

quark:QLtLcRLMCshyFisUR2e3YSSqwbR4DjdT46?amount=40&label=Hash%20Engineering - if you click this link on your phone with the Quark app, it will load the send coins screen with my address and the amount of 40 QRK.
Hmm..I don't seem to be having any luck with this at the moment...When I click the above URI from my phone, I get "webpage not available"..
Also, when I perform a send request to gmail or through my android messaging app, it does not come through as a URI..
Anyone else having better results?

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 05:57:46 AM

Hmm..I don't seem to be having any luck with this at the moment...When I click the above URI from my phone, I get "webpage not available"..
Also, when I perform a send request to gmail or through my android messaging app, it does not come through as a URI..
Anyone else having better results?

Actually the link on this thread does not work because bitcointalk.org puts an http:// in front of it.  But I also noticed that neither my Samsung browser nor the Chrome browser will start the Quark app if I put this text into their address bars.  However, if I put a link into the page at: http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/quark/, the first link in this page will open the app.

The "link" does not work in email's or texts, because the Texting and email programs (Gmail) do not recognize it as a URI.  Many other apps may not either.  This feature doesn't work too well, except for generating QR codes that can be scanned while on the phone.

Loori

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:47:07 AM

Hi! I love the work that has been done for the mobile wallet, but there is something odd about my wallet. It says that I have 88qrk, but if I try to send it anywhere, it says that my mobile wallet is "missing" those quarks. Then it says that (QRK 88.91 waiting for confirmation), even though the coins were sent a week ago. Is there any way I could get a real hold of these coins? thanks.
Coinmama2014

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

Hash, I saw this on the official QRK thread, hope it helps?:
I setup a node in the following IP:

silvermetal

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:08:26 PM

Last week (16FEB) I send 0.7 QRK to my Android Wallet.
When I look to the block explorer it indicates the following:

Send 999.9 QRK

When I click on the 999.9 QRK, it indicates that 0.7 QRK is send to my android wallet and 999.2 QRK to the following address: Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX

That address is unknown for me.

According to the block explorer there is 999.2 QRK less in my wallet, than according to the paper wallet.
When I check the balance of Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX this is 999.2 QRK.

What happened and can this be explained?
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:17:03 PM

Send 999.9 QRK

When I click on the 999.9 QRK, it indicates that 0.7 QRK is send to my android wallet and 999.2 QRK to the following address: Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX

According to the block explorer there is 999.2 QRK less in my wallet, than according to the paper wallet.
When I check the balance of Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX this is 999.2 QRK.

It sounds like you accidentally set up a transaction fee on your desktop wallet. It's also possible that you downloaded something and someone is trying to steal your Quarks.

silvermetal

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:28:51 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 09:10:01 PM by silvermetal

It sounds like you accidentally set up a transaction fee on your desktop wallet. It's also possible that you downloaded something and someone is trying to steal your Quarks.

- I have no idea how to set up transaction fees on my desktop wallet. I have done transactions later but then there was no 999.2 QRK send. I have still one of the first versions of the wallet (the one available in December 2013)

Which balance is the correct one. The explorer balance or the desktop wallet ballance? The desktop wallet balance does not indicate that there is 999.2 QRK gone or send. If someone tried to steal my Quarks did he succeed? My wallet is encrypted. How can I restore the 999.2 Quarks, or cancel the sending?

The explorer indicates :"not yet redeemed" after one week

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:37:53 PM

Send 999.9 QRK

Yes, this can be explained, but it has nothing to do with the Android wallet.  It is normal behavior and happens all the time for every coin.  I looked up the address that you mentioned and it is part of a transaction from February 16.

Code:
Transaction id:  567380523941ac9a0af38502a05c370180be956480df4ad1abd74214580b93a4

Inputs:
QZ7Lgj6eccCUKECbP855vDd8g1HyS7q5Ya -999.9

Outputs:
QiqEQmQWLgkTVrXLNUJN82wbAwxLq6Dxyu 0.7
Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX 999.2

A transaction has inputs and outputs.  The inputs will list the andress(es) of where the coins are coming from, and how many coins are being sent.  The outputs will list the addresses where the coins are going to and how many coins are being received.

You wanted to send 0.7 QRK to your phone.  Your desktop client looked at the coins it had available (which was in this address: QZ7Lgj6eccCUKECbP855vDd8g1HyS7q5Ya).  The client then looked at the coins available in that address:  999.9, 4999.9 and 4854.9.  The client chose the amount of coins most closest to the 0.7 that you wanted to send.  Therefore client makes a transaction to send 999.9 QRK.  0.7 QRK go to the Android Wallet address and 999.2 are returned to a newly created QRK address Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX, which is then stored in the desktop client's wallet file.  Now your wallet has two addresses in it.  One is QZ7Lgj6eccCUKECbP855vDd8g1HyS7q5Ya, which is the address to which you recieved the 999.9 QRK (but now has a balance 999.9 less than it did before).  The other address now stored in the wallet is Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX and it has a balance of 999.2

- I have no idea how to set up transaction fees on my desktop wallet. I have done transactions later but then there was no 999.2 QRK send. I have still one of the first versions of the wallet (the one available in December 2013)

Which balance is the correct one? The explorer balance or the desktop wallet ballance? The desktop wallet balance does not indicate that there is 999.2 QRK gone or send. If someone tried to steal my Quarks did he succeed? My wallet is encrypted. How can I restore the 999.2 Quarks, or cancel the sending?

The explorer indicates :"not yet redeemed" after one week

Which balance is the correct one?  The block explorer or the desktop wallet balance? The answer is both are correct.  Your desktop wallet balance does not indicate that there is 999.2 gone or sent, because it was returned to your wallet using a different QRK address.  Your Quark Wallet contains many addresses.  The block explorer only displays the amount of coins for a single address, so it reads as being 999.9 lower than it was on February 15.

This is not a matter of setting your default transaction fee.  No one has stolen your coins.  It is how Quark, Bitcoin and other coins are set up.  It is similar to making change for a $20 bill.  The person that you buy the bottle of water from will take your $20 bill and return to you $15 at the State Fair.

The coins in Qf5NfxzS4e7ymMMtw9BDNp85PUKro84yHX (999.2) say not redeemed because you have not spent them yet, but they are still yours.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:40:42 PM

Hi! I love the work that has been done for the mobile wallet, but there is something odd about my wallet. It says that I have 88qrk, but if I try to send it anywhere, it says that my mobile wallet is "missing" those quarks. Then it says that (QRK 88.91 waiting for confirmation), even though the coins were sent a week ago. Is there any way I could get a real hold of these coins? thanks.

This sounds like you have a transaction stuck.  It will be necessary to reset your blockchain by going to the Menu and then Settings, then Reset Blockchain.  This may take 1 hour or less, but once the app syncs the blockchain, it will realize that the app never sent those coins and will give them back to you to send again.  This probably happened to you due to a network connectivity problem.  Try sending using the latest version of the app in the OP of this topic.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:00:56 AM

Hash, I saw this on the official QRK thread, hope it helps?:
I setup a node in the following IP:

Thanks for this peer.  I am trying it out now.

Coinmama2014

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:36:30 AM

Send 999.9 QRK

Hash Engineering gave an excellent explanation on this- More can also be found on a thread started by Tigger over at the Quark Forum:
Here is a quote:

"Hidden Addresses and Send Transactions
When you first install a new wallet, it comes with a pool of 100 pre-defined addresses. Initially, only one address will be shown when you click on the “Receive” button, but the other 99 addresses are indeed there, but they are hidden in your address pool. If you are on the “Receive” screen and you click on “New Address”, your wallet will grab one from the pool and display it on your screen. Now you see two addresses and you have 98 left in the pool.

However, when you Send coins to another address, in order to make your transaction somewhat anonymous and not broadcast your entire wallet balance to the world, extra transactions are generated on the block chain using some of your hidden addresses. The following, is a simplified example of what happens when you issue a Send transaction:

The amount of coins you are sending are deducted from your current balance and sent to the address you specified and your remaining balance is automatically sent back to one of your “hidden” addresses from the pool. For example, let’s say you are someone named Sam and you only have one wallet receive address the you labeled “Sam1” and you have 5000 coins. You want to send 200 coins to your friend Sally, whose address is “XYZ”. 200 coins are sent to address “XYZ” and the remaining 4800 coins are sent back to one of your hidden pool addresses. Your wallet shows the correct balance of 4800 coins and you still only see the “Sam1” address on your receive screen, but the 4800 coins are actually in a hidden address that is associated or “grouped” with your “Sam1” address.

||===>200 XYZ
5000 Sam1=====>   ||
                             ||===>4800 HiddenAddressFromPool(Sam1)

Clear as mud, right? Not to worry - this is not an issue under normal circumstances and you can easily display all of the addresses that were automatically pulled from the pool and grouped with your “visible” addresses. "

More valuable information in this excellent post by Tigger here: http://forum.qrk.cc/post/17320
(He put a lot of work into this research after also initially becoming alarmed that it looked like coins were missing or misplaced-It is a great tutorial on the workings of the desktop wallet!!)

Coinmama, this is just what I was afraid of.
My wife shopping for shoes, my children to the movies all requesting for my QRKs. Then I will end with zero QRKs before the end of the month Tongue
I will remove this feature from their wallets. lol
SilverMetal, let your family spend your Quarks, it will give you joy!!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: