Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:48:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Android Wallet Beta Testing (from HashEngineering) [w/ native hash!]  (Read 8742 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:44:49 AM

I downloaded the new version its fixed a lot of the little bugs I had .

But I'm on an old version of android 4.0.1

When I went to restore the keys it force closed a few times trying to reset the BC .

But everything is sweet now , my balance shows as Quark not mQrk now.

Awesome stay in touch !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
HashEngineering (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:41:04 AM

I downloaded the new version its fixed a lot of the little bugs I had .

But I'm on an old version of android 4.0.1

When I went to restore the keys it force closed a few times trying to reset the BC .

But everything is sweet now , my balance shows as Quark not mQrk now.

When restoring keys, the app will reset the Blockchain.  This app should be compatible with Android 2.3.3 and above.

Google Play is coming soon, perhaps 1 to 2 days.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:10:56 AM

Great drop me an email ! I have a few basic questions to ask you .
: )

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:32:19 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 08:38:59 PM by Coinmama2014

Just popping on here for a sec to request that every Mobile Wallet holder please use your scan and send function to donate whatever you can to our latest non-profit to accept Quark, Erowid.org--We requested that they accept Quark, and asked them to post their QR, and they did! They are a highly rated non-profit, and this is how we spread the word and build more infrastructure everyone! http://www.erowid.org/donations/donations_cryptocurrency.php
Thanks, I will be posting a new thread on the Reddit about this:)
UPDATE: Here is the Reddit post, please see important comments also Smiley
http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1yuvas/mobile_wallet_holders_please_use_your_wallets_to/

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:07:10 AM

What is the preferred block explorer?

blockr.io?
quarkexplorer.com? - this one does not seem to properly display nicely on mobile devices.
another?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Promethium

Activity: 222

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:19:36 PM

What is the preferred block explorer?

blockr.io?
quarkexplorer.com? - this one does not seem to properly display nicely on mobile devices.
another?
qrk.blockr.io is preferable as quarkexplorer.com has not implemented search by address as yet!
Coinmama2014

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:34:54 PM

also there is: http://bitinfocharts.com/quarkcoin/
I don't know which would be most preferable to display on the mobile wallet though..

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:09:30 AM

New update to the Beta:

Changes Block Explorer to Blockr.io.  Also adds one peer.

https://github.com/HashEngineering/quarkcoin-wallet/releases/download/v0.1.5-beta/quark-wallet-0.1.5-beta.apk

This app will be available on Google Play soon.

silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:28:59 AM

Hashengineer and Coinmama,
Thank you so much for the clarification of the desktop wallet. I was so relieved that my coins were not lost last week Smiley

I have downloaded the newest version of the app.
For me there are no differences compared to the earlier versions. (I don't see any difference with the blockexplorer or something as mentioned above, that is probably too technical for me Tongue)

- The feature with the exchange sites is still not working with my app.
- Probably it is me, but I try to request QRK from my own desktop wallet, but I have no idea how I can do that? I can only type a requested amount but no address? The only address I can select is my own app wallet address. I probably do something wrong here, and I need some extra explanation how to do that.

I showed the app to some friends and family, so they get an idea what QRK is. Hopefully it will be in the playstore soon, so that they can download the wallet as well and I can send them some QRK.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 06:43:56 PM

Thank you so much for the clarification of the desktop wallet. I was so relieved that my coins were not lost last week Smiley

For me there are no differences compared to the earlier versions. (I don't see any difference with the blockexplorer or something as mentioned above, that is probably too technical for me Tongue)

- Probably it is me, but I try to request QRK from my own desktop wallet, but I have no idea how I can do that? I can only type a requested amount but no address? The only address I can select is my own app wallet address. I probably do something wrong here, and I need some extra explanation how to do that.

I showed the app to some friends and family, so they get an idea what QRK is. Hopefully it will be in the playstore soon, so that they can download the wallet as well and I can send them some QRK.

In the desktop wallet, there is not an easy way to request quarks from someone else, other can copy and paste an address into an email.  The Quark desktop wallet does not have a "Show QR code" function.  If it did, one could scan that code with a phone app and send coins over.

I am not sure why the exchange rates are not working, let me see if I can find a bug.

Promethium

Activity: 222

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

In the desktop wallet, there is not an easy way to request quarks from someone else, other can copy and paste an address into an email.  The Quark desktop wallet does not have a "Show QR code" function.  If it did, one could scan that code with a phone app and send coins over.

I am not sure why the exchange rates are not working, let me see if I can find a bug.
You could look up the receiving wallet address http://qrk.blockr.io/ and then scan with the phone app. No?
Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:18:20 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 02:56:04 AM by Coinmama2014

In the desktop wallet, there is not an easy way to request quarks from someone else, other can copy and paste an address into an email.  The Quark desktop wallet does not have a "Show QR code" function.  If it did, one could scan that code with a phone app and send coins over.

You could look up the receiving wallet address http://qrk.blockr.io/ and then scan with the phone app. No?
Excellent, yes!!!! Thank you for this key tidbit Promethium-priceless! Grin Grin

These comments remind me that we need a wallet tutorial(of course a video would also be a dream come true)-

Can I get some contributors to this (submit here, or in a p.m. and I will post  a new thread on use of the Mobile Wallet (and also include it in the website I am in the process of creating).

P.S. *(Edit)We should have a show QR code feature on the desktop wallet, now that we have the scanning capability on the mobile wallet.

Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:51:28 PM

Is this app available in multi-languages? Or is the phone itself doing the translating?

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:32:15 AM

Is this app available in multi-languages? Or is the phone itself doing the translating?

The app is available in multiple languages because Andreas Schildbach has the Bitcoin-Wallet text translated to many languages.  In the Quark Wallet, all references to Bitcoin and BTC were replaced with Quark and QRK.  Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:34:31 AM

Excellent, yes!!!! Thank you for this key tidbit Promethium-priceless! Grin Grin

These comments remind me that we need a wallet tutorial(of course a video would also be a dream come true)-

Can I get some contributors to this (submit here, or in a p.m. and I will post  a new thread on use of the Mobile Wallet (and also include it in the website I am in the process of creating).

P.S. We should have a scan QR code function on the wallet, now that we have the scanning capability.

One thing that would help is for the Quark desktop client to have QR code support added.  The Bitcoin and Litecoin desktop wallets have this feature as well as many other coins.  The feature is part of the source code that Quark most likely has already.  It needs to be activated when compiled and it will be available.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:14:15 AM

Yes, this is possible.  However, it is not as simple as I would like it to be with the desktop client.

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:46:53 AM

Any idea when the finished version comes out?
Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:49:28 AM

The app is available in multiple languages because Andreas Schildbach has the Bitcoin-Wallet text translated to many languages.  In the Quark Wallet, all references to Bitcoin and BTC were replaced with Quark and QRK.  Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.
Hmmm..is there anyway for this to get corrected?
And I agree that we should have that show QR code feature( I edited my post because it looked like I was saying something else).
I will bring it up to the "powers that be".

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:57:52 PM

The Quark wallet should be finished in the next few weeks.

Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.

quarkcheck

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:12:44 PM

The Quark wallet should be finished in the next few weeks.

Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: