Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Android Wallet Beta Testing (from HashEngineering) [w/ native hash!]  (Read 8738 times)
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:12:11 AM

Any idea when the finished version comes out?

The Quark wallet should be finished in the next few weeks.

Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.
Hmmm..is there anyway for this to get corrected?

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.
Im not sure what happened Quark Check! There was nothing on your post, lol..However, Quark Check was kind enough to p.m. me with the answer in addition to the post here, so hopefully it comes up this time..Here goes!
Quark=  夸克币

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

I love the way those characters look btw...Would it be going too far to get it in a tattoo?!  Cheesy Shocked

HashEngineering (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:45:31 AM

I have replaced the Chinese Bitcoin for Quark.  Working on the splash screen and app appearance.  A new beta version can be released soon.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:49:11 AM

I have replaced the Chinese Bitcoin for Quark.  Working on the splash screen and app appearance.  A new beta version can be released soon.

Excellent thank you Smiley

Promethium

Activity: 222

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:42:40 AM

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.
Im not sure what happened Quark Check! There was nothing on your post, lol..However, Quark Check was kind enough to p.m. me with the answer in addition to the post here, so hopefully it comes up this time..Here goes!
Quark=  夸克币
I Believe Quark is 夸克    The last character 币 is Money - Currency - Coin.
The community has I believe has dropped the use of the Coin suffix.
You may wish to consider this?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:05:01 AM

Quark=  夸克币

Good call, something to consider changing
Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:06:46 PM

Thank you very much again Promethium, yes! Hash, can we please remove that last character? Apologies, I asked for the Chinese translation of Quark.

P.S.Curious as to why is Reddit page still calling it Quarkcoin? Its a little  bit of mixed messaging.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:22:56 AM

This is what I read for Quark in Chinese:

夸克 (suggested by Promethium)

夸克币 (quarkcoin)

Can anyone else verify that the first one is correct for Quark?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Coinmama2014

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:41:54 AM

I am pleased to announce that this app is now on Google Play!!: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.quarkcoin.wallet (Make sure to leave a great Google Play review!)

Thank you Hash Engineering!!! (If you love this app, please scan/send Hash a little Qrk love!! Cheesy )
Also, thanks to MJB Monetary Metals and Quark FX for assist with the color design:)

**Please also continue to report bugs/comments/suggestions here on this thread. Thank you.

HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 07:23:31 PM

There are over 150 installs of this app on Google Play.

renodaret

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:42:30 PM

this will be a good app for qrk for sure.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:32:25 AM

Any idea when the final version will be out?
HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:33:58 AM

The final version could be done within the next few weeks.  It depends on feedback from the next beta release which should be ready in a few days.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:21:27 AM

I think hashengineering has done an awesome job here, id love to see a lite multi wallet similar to the java one made, I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind a small fee structure, in fact for me i wouldn't mind a small fee built into this mobile wallet if it ensured continued support and development from Hash.

: )

that's just my opinion.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:44:29 AM

I think hashengineering has done an awesome job here, id love to see a lite multi wallet similar to the java one made, I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind a small fee structure, in fact for me i wouldn't mind a small fee built into this mobile wallet if it ensured continued support and development from Hash.

that's just my opinion.

Do you mean a wallet like Multibit?  If that is the case, then half of code for it is written since it is a part of the Android app.  I thought about working on a lite wallet project in the future if there was a need for one.

As far as a fee structure, though it would be for my benefit, I am not sure I like the idea.  Currently, transactions from the app do add a fee (for the Quark miners) which is not clearly documented or stated before or after the transaction is sent.  The Litecoin Dev team added a fee notification in their version, which I would like to add in the future.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:53:27 PM

that's just my opinion.

Do you mean a wallet like Multibit?  If that is the case, then half of code for it is written since it is a part of the Android app.  I thought about working on a lite wallet project in the future if there was a need for one.

As far as a fee structure, though it would be for my benefit, I am not sure I like the idea.  Currently, transactions from the app do add a fee (for the Quark miners) which is not clearly documented or stated before or after the transaction is sent.  The Litecoin Dev team added a fee notification in their version, which I would like to add in the future.

I like the idea of a multibit wallet - i certainly don't mind if there is a fee that goes to yourself as the dev of that , i nearly downloaded the other but, just , can't bring myself to load Java  ( and probably never will)

a full open system will compete nicely, and this is capitalism you should be paid a fair price as long as all participants understand the fee structure. and its not excessive of course.

just my opinion.

anyhow great work.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:03:10 PM

that's just my opinion.

A Litewallet would be sweet
HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:52:32 PM

Version 0.1.7 (which fixes many bugs) has been released on Google Play.

It can also be downloaded here:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/quarkcoin-wallet/releases/download/v0.1.7-beta/quark-wallet-0.1.7-beta.apk

The next release should have many more enhancements as far as user friendlyness!

JamesZ

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:33:44 PM

New splash screen, these splash screens will have the same design as on the new wallet releases for mac/windows.
They also use the new Brand guide.

https://i.imgur.com/ydM8XJI.png

https://i.imgur.com/Qi0GiFE.png

James
HashEngineering (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 03:26:15 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 07:39:24 AM by HashEngineering

A new update will be posted soon.  It will fix two bugs and include a "Where to Buy" list of exchanges.

Google Play has been updated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: