Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem connecting 12 GPU in Windows10  (Read 237 times)
tipac (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:46:26 PM

Hi
I'm trying to connect 12 rx580 to Windows10.
I  installed amd drivers with 1 gpu then i connected one gpu and restarted windows after each gpu to install. However when i pass 7 gpu windows become unresponsive and useless.
I would like to ask the community how did you manage to install all 12 gpu in windows 10 ? What is the steps ? Do you install one card then restart windows for each gpu or you plug in all 12 same time ?
My specs:
Motherboard asus b250 mining expert
ram corsair dominator 16gb
Virtual memory set 35 GB
amd adrenalin 12july drivers, also tried blockchain
all gpu are rx580 8gb
Thanks in advance for any suggestion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1405

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:49:16 PM

What version of your windows 10?

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
tipac (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:27:23 PM

latest version with update. it is completely useless, unresponsive. mouse is lagging very hard. i have to wait like 5 minutes to open amd settings. processor is intel i5
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 05:48:02 PM by Vann
Merited by DireWolfM14 (1)

I'm running 13 RX 480/580 8GB on Windows v1709 with the Adrenaline v18.71 drivers on a ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ moterboard with an i3 CPU, 8GB RAM and a 78 GB vitrual memory set. Windows does start to run a bit laggy when running more than 10 GPU's, but it's not too bad and otherwise runs stable.

Do a clean install of Windows 1709 with only a single GPU in the primary x16 PCI-E slot. After the install is finished, on the first logon disable Windows feature updates in gpedit. On Windows 10 Pro you can set a Group Policy to defer feature updates until they have been targeted for business deployment, which is about 4 months after the public release, or you can also defer feature updates for up to 365 days. This way you still get the security updates.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Updates ==> Windows Update for Business ==> Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are Received ==> Set to 'enabled' and  in the drop down select 'Semi-Annual Channel'.

Then run Windows Update to get the latest updates and reboot. Go back in to gpedit and disable driver updates to keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers.

gpedit ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

Download the latest driver for your GPU's and run DDU in safe mode to remove the Windows installed driver and disable automatic driver installation when prompted by DDU. Shutdown, install the rest of the GPU's and then run the GPU driver setup. After the driver setup is finished (it will take >20 minutes with 13 cards). If you have any RX 570 or 480 cards with a modded Bios you will also need to run the pixel patcher to disable the driver signature check.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

I also go in to Windows Apps from the settings to uninstall all the extra Windows crapware and disable all the Windows spyware in the Privacy settings.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:11:38 PM

and don't forget that you should boot Windows in UEFI mode (not CSM or Legacy) to use 6+ GPUs.
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2229

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 06:54:20 PM

Firstly, do what @vann suggest to you, and if you still facing the issues, make sure your PSUs can support all the cards and don't forget to connect all of the PCI-E power connectors on the motherboard (3x Molex connector) and it must be connected to the same PSU that plugged in the 24P ATX power connector with "A" code (the top one).

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
tipac (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:46:41 AM

I did all steps posted by @Vann still unusable Windows. I changed partition type from mbr to gtp reinstalled os 10 uefi with 1 rx580 in slot. turned off secure boot & csm. DDU in safe mode then installed adrenalin driver with all 12 gpu inserted. its almost impossible to use windows. i have to wait like 10 minutes to login windows. mouse is lagging. After waiting like half hour to get in, claymore error "miner didnt start for 5 minutes, restarting...". I also tried smos which is great but i dont want to use ethernet cable so i need windows.
Any suggestion ? Could it be motherboard ? Asus optimisation software shows 12 available gpu, everything is ok with raisers, except that windows is lagging.
Omg9500

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

I'm running 13 RX 480/580 8GB on Windows v1709 with the Adrenaline v18.71 drivers on a ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ moterboard with an i3 CPU, 8GB RAM and a 78 GB vitrual memory set. Windows does start to run a bit laggy when running more than 10 GPU's, but it's not too bad and otherwise runs stable.

Do a clean install of Windows 1709 with only a single GPU in the primary x16 PCI-E slot. After the install is finished, on the first logon disable Windows feature updates in gpedit. On Windows 10 Pro you can set a Group Policy to defer feature updates until they have been targeted for business deployment, which is about 4 months after the public release, or you can also defer feature updates for up to 365 days. This way you still get the security updates.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Updates ==> Windows Update for Business ==> Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are Received ==> Set to 'enabled' and  in the drop down select 'Semi-Annual Channel'.

Then run Windows Update to get the latest updates and reboot. Go back in to gpedit and disable driver updates to keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers.

gpedit ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

Download the latest driver for your GPU's and run DDU in safe mode to remove the Windows installed driver and disable automatic driver installation when prompted by DDU. Shutdown, install the rest of the GPU's and then run the GPU driver setup. After the driver setup is finished (it will take >20 minutes with 13 cards). If you have any RX 570 or 480 cards with a modded Bios you will also need to run the pixel patcher to disable the driver signature check.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

I also go in to Windows Apps from the settings to uninstall all the extra Windows crapware and disable all the Windows spyware in the Privacy settings.

Absolutely great summary and I have gone almost exactly the same route. But on top I have used the so called amd compute switcher... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2815803.0
tipac (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:22:08 PM

what mb do you have ? My windows is trash with 12 gpu installed.
Omg9500

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:43:56 PM

what mb do you have ? My windows is trash with 12 gpu installed.

Whom do you mean? I have the Asus B250 expert mining with 19 PCIE slots. Works great with max 13 cards of the same make....
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2229

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 12:45:48 AM

I did all steps posted by @Vann still unusable Windows. I changed partition type from mbr to gtp reinstalled os 10 uefi with 1 rx580 in slot. turned off secure boot & csm. DDU in safe mode then installed adrenalin driver with all 12 gpu inserted. its almost impossible to use windows. i have to wait like 10 minutes to login windows. mouse is lagging. After waiting like half hour to get in, claymore error "miner didnt start for 5 minutes, restarting...". I also tried smos which is great but i dont want to use ethernet cable so i need windows.
Any suggestion ? Could it be motherboard ? Asus optimisation software shows 12 available gpu, everything is ok with raisers, except that windows is lagging.

You didn't mention which PSU you’ve currently got and how did you manage the power management.

Have you tried what I suggested before?

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
tipac (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:30:47 AM

12 rx580 are powered by 2 evga 1300 gold. The problem with windows starts after i install radeon drivers. initially without drivers windows work fast. once driver is installed and 12 gpu connected, it is impossible to use it. i have to move mouse and wait like 1-2 minute for it to move
tipac (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:59:43 AM

i resolved the lagging problem by connecting hdmi to gpu 1 after fresh reinstall ddu.
pretty amateur
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: