Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beware of BitMarket.eu - buyers not paying, admin not responding for a WEEK now  (Read 1552 times)
miernik (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 02:56:15 AM

Beware of doing any transactions though Bitmarket.eu

When a buyer is not responding, or unwilling to pay, your only way to recover Bitcoins is to e-mail the admins to cancel the transaction.

Now my e-mails about cancelling the transaction are unanswered for about a week, trying to reach someone at admin@bitmarket.eu

Maybe the guy went on vacation or something, but heck, this is unacceptable.

You can guess what can happen with the price of Bitcoin in a week...

Don't sell any amount of BTC through the site that you would be upset to be locked up for days. Fine for selling Bitcoins worth of one coffee or lunch, but for anything more serious, wait until they have a more professional way of dealing with non-paying buyers (if that ever happens).

I am still waiting to unlock my 10 BTC from a transaction done 2011-09-08 17:04:50 - that is almost a month ago. Buyer claimed he paid, then he claimed he paid to the wrong account number and said he'll pay, now doesn't want to pay at all. 1 BTC was 5.23 EUR then, now 3.75 EUR. Even if they release my 10 BTC now, who will refund me the 15 EUR loss (exchange rate drop)? And this is not the first time it happened. If I add up all losses because of non-paying buyers with BTC price dropping while the Bitcoins where locked at the Bitmarket.eu exchange it would add-up to almost a hundred EUR. Not a small sum for me.

Bitmarket says:

https://bitmarket.eu/faq#faq_trading_11

If you receive no response whatsoever from the other party within 24 hours please contact us. We will then send them a message ourselves and if they don't respond within another 24 hours we will (usually) cancel this transaction.

If they didn't cancel within 24-hours, might this be a basis for suing them for the losses?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:00:01 AM

might this be a basis for suing them for the losses?

And just who would you sue? Do you have a name or address?
miernik (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 03:02:48 AM

might this be a basis for suing them for the losses?

And just who would you sue? Do you have a name or address?

Well, there is such a thing as WHOIS for a domain name, yes?

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 07:50:38 AM

sue for 15 euros in Poland Smiley
You have too much time on your hands

miernik (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 08:10:09 AM

sue for 15 euros in Poland Smiley
You have too much time on your hands

There is a court in Poland with web interface: https://www.e-sad.gov.pl/

You can file the lawsuit completely online.

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

great, I would be interested how long it will take you to file it, the duration of the process & what you will get in return.

do you plan on using google translate or do you speak & write polish or you think english will suffice?
have you ever filed a suit before or been the target of one?

My guess is your time is worth more than that and you are doing yourself a disfavour acting like this. Listening to an audiobook or reading a book will serve you more.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 02:10:22 PM

What's BitMarket.eu current situation?
I mean, I can see trades keep happening, but I wonder if the site is running on "auto-mode".

Not that we can demand anything since the service is free after all. Just to know how much should I expect of it.
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 12:37:43 PM

if you are a buyer you should still be pretty safe on bitmarket.eu. As a seller it can happen that your BTC are frozen and you cannot access them, which is pretty annoying. I haven't hear a lot from the admins lately, but they are still alive Smiley
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 11:46:31 AM

What's BitMarket.eu current situation?
I mean, I can see trades keep happening, but I wonder if the site is running on "auto-mode".
This seems to be the case. I can deposit/withdraw fine, and trades are getting matched. I sold a bunch of coins to someone there, no problem. I however also have a few coins locked in a transaction with someone who put the offer up in May. (I clicked the wrong currency -.-) The guy is not responding, my bitcoins are locked, and the admins don't seem to respond either.

So, you're fine if you put up a buy order. You're also fine if you put up a sell order that's not matched on the books yet, or matched against a recent buy order. You can see the dates of the orders.

I hope the admins get back though.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 09:21:11 PM

So, you're fine if you put up a buy order.

I can't, my account is not verified.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: