Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Gridseed 5 chip miners Shipping from UK to worldwide  (Read 15089 times)
DemocraticRepublicOfDave

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:53:00 PM

Hi there,

Just tried to order and was going to use paypal, but Coinbase(bitcoin) is the only option.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

yeah you missed a post last page. Paypal temporarily disabled as they have put a limit on our account due to sudden increased activity. They are wanting some invoices and documentation from us before they will left the hold. It doesn't affect anyone who has already paid with paypal but at present we are unable to withdraw funds from our account so until they have lifted this we need to offer BTC or bank transfer only unfortunately. We are looking at adding a seperate credit / debit card option for people over the next day or so to enable people to purchase with confidence. Also happy to offer escrow via a trusted provider on this site

Hi

Ah yes - thanks for the clarification.  I'll pay with bitcoin a little later (I'll have to visit my secret bunker containing my bitcoin stash Grin ).  Just a small order for now, but if I'm happy with the technology and the service I suspect I may be placing larger orders in the future  Smiley

Cheers

Dave
studio1one (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:04:48 PM

Hi there,

Just tried to order and was going to use paypal, but Coinbase(bitcoin) is the only option.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

yeah you missed a post last page. Paypal temporarily disabled as they have put a limit on our account due to sudden increased activity. They are wanting some invoices and documentation from us before they will left the hold. It doesn't affect anyone who has already paid with paypal but at present we are unable to withdraw funds from our account so until they have lifted this we need to offer BTC or bank transfer only unfortunately. We are looking at adding a seperate credit / debit card option for people over the next day or so to enable people to purchase with confidence. Also happy to offer escrow via a trusted provider on this site

Hi

Ah yes - thanks for the clarification.  I'll pay with bitcoin a little later (I'll have to visit my secret bunker containing my bitcoin stash Grin ).  Just a small order for now, but if I'm happy with the technology and the service I suspect I may be placing larger orders in the future  Smiley

Cheers

Dave

OK, if you want to pay bitcoin then please confirm when done as we have to manually complete the order from Coinbase.

BINTEX

Powered by,
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:29:01 PM

Maybe it's a good thing to put in the OP what you'll need to run it besides what you sell. I've copied this from one of the many gridseed threads:

10 X Gridseed Miner
1 X Controller (no computer required to use the miner)
3 x 12V 30A DC industrial power supply (1 spare for no downtime!! 2 to power 10 miners)
1 x 13 Port UNITEK usb hub (high performance and quality important for stability)
12 x 2.5mm DC power cables (2 spare cables)
10 x usb mini data cables
1 x 1A usb charger with usb micro cable (to power the controller)
1 x network cable
4 x Country power adaptor (choice of AU, EU, US) to plug in 2 power supplies, usb hub and controller

As far as I can see that's slightly overdone, and when you want to mine without SHA256 you'll probably be done with just a powered USB hub instead of all the power supplies. The controller that you have on the site, it's recommended for 15. Is it possible to do 20 with it? Or is 15 the max?

I'd want to receive the package, connect with cables I bought ahead instead of "getting it on friday and only be able to run on monday evening because I had to find all the cables and stuff" Wink

Every minute delay will cost money now Cheesy
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:33:19 PM

Maybe it's a good thing to put in the OP what you'll need to run it besides what you sell. I've copied this from one of the many gridseed threads:

10 X Gridseed Miner
1 X Controller (no computer required to use the miner)
3 x 12V 30A DC industrial power supply (1 spare for no downtime!! 2 to power 10 miners)
1 x 13 Port UNITEK usb hub (high performance and quality important for stability)
12 x 2.5mm DC power cables (2 spare cables)
10 x usb mini data cables
1 x 1A usb charger with usb micro cable (to power the controller)
1 x network cable
4 x Country power adaptor (choice of AU, EU, US) to plug in 2 power supplies, usb hub and controller

As far as I can see that's slightly overdone, and when you want to mine without SHA256 you'll probably be done with just a powered USB hub instead of all the power supplies. The controller that you have on the site, it's recommended for 15. Is it possible to do 20 with it? Or is 15 the max?

I'd want to receive the package, connect with cables I bought ahead instead of "getting it on friday and only be able to run on monday evening because I had to find all the cables and stuff" Wink

Every minute delay will cost money now Cheesy

I have two of these and they will not run with just a powered HUB. Even though the BTC mining is not working, CPUminer still wants to send power to the chips. So, you need the PSUs until (if) someone fixes this requirement.
DemocraticRepublicOfDave

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:08:47 PM

Hi there,

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

Hi

Cheers

Dave

OK, if you want to pay bitcoin then please confirm when done as we have to manually complete the order from Coinbase.

Hi

All done. PM with confirmation number sent.

Cheers

Dave
studio1one (OP)

BintexFutures

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:56:25 PM

Thanks, order status updated.

This batch is nearly gone now.

We will be doing another batch but not until we have received and shipped these to customers.

BINTEX

Powered by,
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:54:32 PM

Can you verify how many you have left in this batch?
studio1one (OP)

BintexFutures

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:14:56 PM

Can you verify how many you have left in this batch?

not until after the weekend now fully. Around 25-30. I am going to suspend sales until after the weekend and when we are in the office go through and do a full order reconciliation, tie all orders up against all payments and make sure there are no errors that have crept in. The coinbase integration is pretty poor with our cart and I don't want to oversell.

On Monday when back in office the first thing we will do is make sure that all orders tie up to all payments and there have been a couple of cancelations and refunds so we will make sure the cart has allocated stock correctly  against them too and then put stock back live again. There are probably no errors in there but with stock running low I don't want to run the risk.

BINTEX