Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AI replacing human workers?  (Read 207 times)
Impulseboy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:34:39 AM

What do you think about Artificial Intelligence possibly replacing human workers in the near future? I think the technology is rising fast but this could cause a lot of problems and unemployment for many, but what is your take on this? Can AI actually replace us humans and do our jobs themselves?
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:41:52 AM

Yep that's what I think AI can replace human workers, but even they were not AI they can replace human workers with the machine and it's happening right now, what more in the future that AI more like humans.  

ershovspa

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:48:25 PM

What do you think about Artificial Intelligence possibly replacing human workers in the near future? I think the technology is rising fast but this could cause a lot of problems and unemployment for many, but what is your take on this? Can AI actually replace us humans and do our jobs themselves?

Robots with limited AI, not the real one but the basic AI for doing basic stuff, can be the answer to all our needs. Why would people do manual labor, that's so obsolete. People could do many other things than just wasting time on useless jobs just to make some money.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:38:38 AM

Robots with limited AI, not the real one but the basic AI for doing basic stuff, can be the answer to all our needs. Why would people do manual labor, that's so obsolete. People could do many other things than just wasting time on useless jobs just to make some money.

I read somewhere about AI possibly replacing human workers in the near future. They are mostly factory workers, which would mean a lot of poor people might lose their jobs if that came true. I just do not know if this is a good idea since many people will be left unemployed if they get replaced with robots.
FreeEarnsActivist

Activity: 124
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:44:41 AM

It's possible that AI will replace most of the labor, thing is that some of the population will be borderline useless because of it and this might create huge unemployment and unrest.
Pendatang_baru

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:37:23 AM

Of course especially in today's technological age,
mithuz

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:15:55 AM

It has been started already and continually improve to make it perfect.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:20:39 AM

It's possible that AI will replace most of the labor, thing is that some of the population will be borderline useless because of it and this might create huge unemployment and unrest.

This is what I am afraid of. People will lose their jobs. Lots of people, and they are probably the ones who are not well-off. The rise of AI workers may not affect the rich people but the poorer ones will certainly feel the drawbacks. I think the economy and government will feel it to when the unemployment rate goes up.
Dogy mandagy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:06:07 PM

Yes. There is a huge progress in AI and robotics field. I think most of our work will be done robots in the future. AI can be used to resolve existing issues such as safe driving. 
But there are lots of down risks too. AI and robots may be used to unethical and illegal things such as producing autonomous weapons. 

BITSONG
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
■∎▪▪▪▪▪   TELEGRAM   ▪▪▪▪▪∎■
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
outsider25

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

Yes, it could be, because the work with the robot would be more stable and balanced in every product it produces, unlike humans, humans have different mood, so the work can be different depending on the human mood.
ershovspa

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:20:28 PM

I read somewhere about AI possibly replacing human workers in the near future. They are mostly factory workers, which would mean a lot of poor people might lose their jobs if that came true. I just do not know if this is a good idea since many people will be left unemployed if they get replaced with robots.

That's backward thinking. Wee need these robots to replace people in as much jobs as we can. For example robots don't get scared or work worse under pressure so they would be very good doctors or engineers. Imagine a doctor that has the collective knowledge of 10-20000 doctors from past
100yrs? How long would it take for him to establish what kind of the disease you have. Robots and AI can certainly help but only to a point. People that lose jobs to robots can do some other things. That can easily been solved by some kind of minimum social wage.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:17:52 PM

Yes for manual labor jobs.  But then there will be other jobs created for humans as the result too.  Humans are pretty resourceful, we will find ways to survive and thrive. 
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:32:23 PM

Yes for manual labor jobs.  But then there will be other jobs created for humans as the result too.  Humans are pretty resourceful, we will find ways to survive and thrive. 

I pretty much agree with this. Certain jobs AI will replace for sure, but you have to figure there will be a lot out there that AI won't be able to do with the same nuance as a person would.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
Rimcoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:55:11 PM

unfortunately it is very possible
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:26:12 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 12:04:31 AM by BitcoinNewbie15

I love to think about this stuff! I am very much into futurology (one of the reasons I adore Bitcoin so much), so I want to add my point of view on artificial intelligence. My prediction is that AI will make humans redundant in many different sectors. Once humans can actually hold conversations with AI and AI responds and reacts appropriately to our language, that is when things will get serious. straight out the gate, nearly all customer service positions will be eliminated entirely. Walmart is already trying to automate their stores with AI robots that check inventory. Doctors will become redundant, as AI could diagnose you with 99% probability of accuracy in .0001 seconds just by looking at you or reading your lab test results. Uber/lyft/taxis will be ancient due to autonomous vehicles. Engineers will not be needed, as computers can figure out problems on their own. Artificial general intelligence would be able to design things that we would never think of, as they "think" in an entirely different way than humans do. AI will even design better versions of itself, which then of course, would naturally lead to artificial superintelligence rather quickly. That is where the singularity would happen and we would reach the point of no return.

Superintelligence is something we can't comprehend. A lot of the general public doesn't even think about it. Since us humans really have no other benchmark for intelligence, we often think of human intelligence being peak intelligence. Sure some humans are smarter than others, but all in all, we are relatively the same on the intelligence spectrum. Truth be told, there is no reason for our level of intelligence to be at the peak of the intelligence spectrum. We just think it is, because relative to everything else, we have the highest intelligence on our planet. Once AI supersedes this, we will essentially be like chimpanzees. All of our hardest problems that we can't solve will become incredibly easy thanks to superintelligence. Will superintelligence have the desire to rule the world as we do? Who knows, that is a different conversation for a different day.

The next 20 years are going to be drastically different than anytime before due to AI. We cannot imagine what else will happen, just like how we couldn't imagine the impact computers would have. Just like the technological revolution, there will be an artificial intelligence revolution that will change every aspect of life. The quality of life will be greatly increased I'm sure. Imagine having Siri or google assistant be just as good, if not better than an actual personal assistant/secretary. The only problem would be unemployment, so there would have to be some form of Universal Basic Income. The money to support a basic income would likely come from major governments putting an automation tax on these mega-corporations. That really will be the only way society would be able to function... Unless if we move in the direction of some sort of totalitarian, fascist, new world order. My 2 cents on that is it probably won't happen. Many people believe it will, but I foresee massive unemployment and a universal basic income. The timeline on this is around 20 - 40 years from now.

I personally am not afriad of Artificial intelligence as many others are. I am excited for it. I want to see it develop and evolve, thats one of my favorite things about technology itself!! I love seeing how far we've come.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:09:28 AM

My prediction is that AI will make humans redundant in many different sectors. Once humans can actually hold conversations with AI and AI responds and reacts appropriately to our language, that is when things will get serious. straight out the gate, nearly all customer service positions will be eliminated entirely. Walmart is already trying to automate their stores with AI robots that check inventory. Doctors will become redundant, as AI could diagnose you with 99% probability of accuracy in .0001 seconds just by looking at you or reading your lab test results. Uber/lyft/taxis will be ancient due to autonomous vehicles. Engineers will not be needed, as computers can figure out problems on their own. Artificial general intelligence would be able to design things that we would never think of, as they "think" in an entirely different way than humans do. AI will even design better versions of itself, which then of course, would naturally lead to artificial superintelligence rather quickly. That is where the singularity would happen and we would reach the point of no return.

If AI could make humans redundant, does this mean AI has the capacity to take over humans that will possibly lead to our extinction? If that is the case I dont think I will ever be ready for this.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:15:40 AM

That's backward thinking. Wee need these robots to replace people in as much jobs as we can. For example robots don't get scared or work worse under pressure so they would be very good doctors or engineers. Imagine a doctor that has the collective knowledge of 10-20000 doctors from past
100yrs? How long would it take for him to establish what kind of the disease you have. Robots and AI can certainly help but only to a point. People that lose jobs to robots can do some other things. That can easily been solved by some kind of minimum social wage.

As long as they are not going to completely take over to the point where people will be forced to resigned from their jobs, I think this is acceptable. And you are right. People can find other jobs, but not everyone will manage to do it quickly. Unless the corporations will transfer them to other departments, which is highly unlikely, Im afraid I still have reservations about this.
Gaselemeg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:21:49 PM

Even with modern technology, human labor is still needed. Despite the fact that unmanned cars with the help of sensors know when to stop and where it is necessary to turn they can't repair themselves (yet).

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
shadowtree

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:05:37 PM

AI will eventually be so strong that the government will have to introduce a Universal Basic Income since most of the jobs will be taken.
Da2ja3

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:20:57 PM

At a fast pace
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: