Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: International Champions Cup  (Read 648 times)
Wendigo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:28:36 PM

Hey guys anyone interested in the International Champions Cup? It's starting on Saturday July 21st with the match between Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund on Soldier Field stadium in Chicago. The tournament will feature some of the top ranked European clubs and football stars. You can see the club crests of the participating teams below on this image:

The venues will be in 19 different cities all over the world. You can see the locations here:

There are specific rules for this tournament and you can familiarize yourselves by checking out the official website : https://www.internationalchampionscup.com/en/territories/eu/men/international-champions-cup

I know we shouldn't take such commercialized tournaments too seriously as the games can be completely unpredictable, but it doesn't hurt to follow our favorite teams and have a punt or 2 just for fun  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:54:48 PM

Yeah, it's only friendlies, but still fun to watch some of the biggest teams compete. Lots of teams have had very good seasons, but I would take a punt on Man City as outright winners given there 100 point domestic season.

Wonder if the World Cup rivalries will have died down - like Kompany absolutely annihilating Jesus with a tackle.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:06:18 PM

Since Juventus is in this cup, I am interested to know whether or not Ronaldo will take part in the games, mostly he'll take part in the later games.

Its going to be fun watching these teams play against one another, especially with the hot transfers and changes. It may not be as serious as CL but it can still be interesting.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:54:37 AM

This looks like a gambler paradise but just a word of caution most of them would be fielding their B teams as their World Cup stars won't be featured so I would be wary of playing big bets on these games as many would be first time making to the team, I'll not really play unless there is a very strong team but am glad soccer is back missing it already since fifa ended.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:35:54 AM

This looks like a gambler paradise but just a word of caution most of them would be fielding their B teams as their World Cup stars won't be featured so I would be wary of playing big bets on these games as many would be first time making to the team, I'll not really play unless there is a very strong team but am glad soccer is back missing it already since fifa ended.

Yeah, with the world cup just ended and the domestic seasons starting again soon, many managers will be resting their star players for some or even all of the games.

Lots of new transfers who will be keen for the practice with their new squads though.
Wendigo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:49:51 AM

Since Juventus is in this cup, I am interested to know whether or not Ronaldo will take part in the games, mostly he'll take part in the later games.

Its going to be fun watching these teams play against one another, especially with the hot transfers and changes. It may not be as serious as CL but it can still be interesting.

Yeah I am curious to know if Ronaldo is going to play for Juventus in this cup. It would be the perfect time for Juventus to show their newly signed superstar. But I think Ronaldo will be probably vacationing and won't be included in the squad, because after the strenuous La Liga season, the record-breaking Champions League win and playing in the World Cup he needs a lot of rest in order to be able to give his 100% for Juventus in Serie A next season. What's more, Real Madrid are playing against Juventus on Sunday August 5th in Washington so if Ronaldo is going to show up at least once it's definitely going to be in this one against his former team  Grin
btctalk4life

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:21:36 AM

Agreed, i want to see how is Christiano Ronaldo play in the first time with juventus on International Champions Cup. This is like pra-season though, the result can be bad but i'm sure public want to see CR7 make a goal on his debut match with juvenus.

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:15:44 PM

Yeah I am curious to know if Ronaldo is going to play for Juventus in this cup.
I read somewhere that he's not going to play against RM. I can't remember the link to the article but it said that C.Ronaldo will start training with Juventus on the 30th this month, and the match vs Real Madrid is 5 days later so he won't have enough time to prepare for this match. I think this (longer vacations and late arrival to trainings) applies to all the players involved in the World Cup knockout stages, like Matuidi and Mandzukic in Juventus, could be the same in other clubs.

About the tournament, I'm looking forward to it. It's probably the most interesing pre-season tournament in the world, though I don't like it when the teams start making 11 substitutions or more in the 2nd half of the games. And I feel like this tournament should be an official tournament, just imagine a super league with Europe's best teams  Cheesy

Anyways, we have the first match next Friday: Man City vs Dortmund. Maybe we'll see Mahrez playing a few minutes.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:04:31 PM

Yeah I am curious to know if Ronaldo is going to play for Juventus in this cup. It would be the perfect time for Juventus to show their newly signed superstar. But I think Ronaldo will be probably vacationing and won't be included in the squad, because after the strenuous La Liga season, the record-breaking Champions League win and playing in the World Cup he needs a lot of rest in order to be able to give his 100% for Juventus in Serie A next season. What's more, Real Madrid are playing against Juventus on Sunday August 5th in Washington so if Ronaldo is going to show up at least once it's definitely going to be in this one against his former team  Grin
I think Juventus fans(other than me) would be super pissed if they don't let Ronaldo play. They have created so much hype, Ronaldo's arrival to Turin has been a delight apparently. And Ronaldo is also happy taht he moved to Juventus. I want Ronaldo to show up against Madrid, and worst of all, be in a different club and not have his best friend, Marcelo around. The chemistry is broken people.

I read somewhere that he's not going to play against RM. I can't remember the link to the article but it said that C.Ronaldo will start training with Juventus on the 30th this month, and the match vs Real Madrid is 5 days later so he won't have enough time to prepare for this match. I think this (longer vacations and late arrival to trainings) applies to all the players involved in the World Cup knockout stages, like Matuidi and Mandzukic in Juventus, could be the same in other clubs.

About the tournament, I'm looking forward to it. It's probably the most interesing pre-season tournament in the world, though I don't like it when the teams start making 11 substitutions or more in the 2nd half of the games. And I feel like this tournament should be an official tournament, just imagine a super league with Europe's best teams  Cheesy

Anyways, we have the first match next Friday: Man City vs Dortmund. Maybe we'll see Mahrez playing a few minutes.
Is this the article: http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/07/12/5b465f2be5fdea07178b4608.html

This tournament is gonna be super fun, I just can't wait for it to begin.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Wendigo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:30:21 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 02:41:02 PM by Wendigo

Yeah I read in the news today that Ronaldo will not be taking part in the US tour. He was in Greece on vacation with his family and reportedly the Juventus boss flew there to iron out the last details of his contract. Cristiano must have been very satisfied with his stay in Greece as he left a
$34000 tip at a luxury Greek resort

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5969557/Cristiano-Ronaldo-leaves-whopping-17-850-tip-Greek-hotel.html
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:23:22 PM

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Mahrez's transfer.

Good to see him move - his talent is wasted at Leicester City. Don't understand why he didn't move earlier, and I really don't understand why he's gone to Man City. In a squad with KDB, Dilva, Bilva, Fernandinho, and Sane also in midfield, and Pep in charge, he is likely going to be frequently rotated. He could have picked from 10 other clubs and guaranteed himself a first squad place.
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:33:14 PM

International champions cup, interesting, I am counting on clubs with less players that participated in the just ended worldcup to win this one

Yeah I read in the news today that Ronaldo will not be taking part in the US tour. He was in Greece on vacation with his family and reportedly the Juventus boss flew there to iron out the last details of his contract. Cristiano must have been very satisfied with his stay in Greece as he left a
$34000 tip at a luxury Greek resort

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5969557/Cristiano-Ronaldo-leaves-whopping-17-850-tip-Greek-hotel.html
that's one way of making a statement that you are still among the well paid sportsmen of today , just hope our star gets the rest he needs as he ushers in the new season.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:57:23 PM

yeah, that one.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Mahrez's transfer.

Good to see him move - his talent is wasted at Leicester City. Don't understand why he didn't move earlier, and I really don't understand why he's gone to Man City. In a squad with KDB, Dilva, Bilva, Fernandinho, and Sane also in midfield, and Pep in charge, he is likely going to be frequently rotated. He could have picked from 10 other clubs and guaranteed himself a first squad place.
Mahrez handed a transfer request to Leicester in January, but I guess City didn't want him at the time. And I think he knows he won't be part of the starting XI, maybe he more was interested in the pay rise  Roll Eyes

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:16:44 PM

Mahrez handed a transfer request to Leicester in January, but I guess City didn't want him at the time. And I think he knows he won't be part of the starting XI, maybe he more was interested in the pay rise  Roll Eyes

More money for less work. Can't really blame him living the dream. Wonder if he's just going to use a season at City as a stepping stone to somewhere else.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:28:56 AM

Usually this tournament has made many people lose money as the teams go there with their reserve players and with only two or three players from A squad. I would be extremely careful to bet on this tournament money line results although Over/Under should be more easy to win here.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

US edition starts today with Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund at 21:05 ET (01:05 UTC), and the European edition starts tomorrow, with Bayern Munich and PSG at 10:05 ET (14:05 UTC).

In other news, Becker signs for Liverpool.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 11:55:10 PM

Usually this tournament has made many people lose money as the teams go there with their reserve players and with only two or three players from A squad. I would be extremely careful to bet on this tournament money line results although Over/Under should be more easy to win here.
Yeah, it's too risky to bet on these games. World Cup ended less than a week ago and big clubs will give some time to rest to their star. In this tournament we will see many players from reserve teams. After World Cup these matches wont be very exciting to watch, but it will be interesting to watch young players. And offcourse, we will see some stars playing due to commercial reasons.
In other news, Becker signs for Liverpool.
And now LFC have most expensive CB and goalkeeper in the world. €75m for goalkeeper. Insane.

btctalk4life

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:49:24 AM

Not only reserve players but also for a coach to try a new tactics and strategy to try on that match and new players to addapt with the team, the result will be different. That's why i never bet which team will win but only over goals.

ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:35:21 AM

Not only reserve players but also for a coach to try a new tactics and strategy to try on that match and new players to addapt with the team, the result will be different. That's why i never bet which team will win but only over goals.

I think I only want to watch the match without making any bet and I think it is better for me to give my money to my friend which is familiar with each team so he can know which team that has a big chance to be a winner. sometimes I do this and I join with my friend so we can place the bet together. be careful when you want to place a bet and make sure that you have a good info about the team.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Wendigo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:11:14 AM

So, Borussia Dortmund, surprisingly or not, defeated Manchester City 1-0 with a penalty scored by Goetze in the first half of the match. Honestly, I expected there would be more goals in that opening game, by both teams at least. City had their substitute team out on the pitch though, so maybe that was the reason they couldn't score. A little bit underwhelming result for the people who wanted to bet on over goals.

Today we have the 2nd match of the tournament, Bayern Munich vs PSG. The odds are interesting - Bayern win @ 1.57, draw @ 4.33 and PSG win @ 5.00. The lineups will be available later today and I am very curious to see who the starting 11 are going to be for both teams. Bayern are heavily favored and looks like many of the PSG's stars will be having a break. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: