Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:14:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 - Low hashrate reported in the POOL  (Read 256 times)
btcvzla203 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:43:09 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 09:14:45 PM by btcvzla203

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me.

I have several antminers s9, they have been working fine, but about two weeks ago, when I check my account in ANTPOOL 3 of the miners were hashing 1TH/s to 3TH/s. When I check my miners backstage all was ok, the hashrate (both RT and avg) was 13TH/s.

I tried to reboot and factory reset the miners, update the firmware, I changed the miners to another ANTPOOL account, and opened a ticket with ANTPOOL support (which didn't help at all).

I tried to change the miners to F2pool, where 1 of them briefly mined about 13TH/s for about a day, and then all of them were back to mining 1TH/s to 3TH/s.

I have other miners in the same place, and only these 3 are giving me trouble.

Does anybody have any idea of what it could be? Huh Huh
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:39:51 AM

Weird. Perhaps you should post a picture of the miner status page when the issue is occurring.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:06:37 PM

I have these screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/EMF0FLP

The problem is on going, nothing I have done has solved it for more than a few hours, and only one of the miners the other two are still reporting 1-3TH/s hashrate no matter what I do.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:14:43 PM

Can you show us the kernel logs you can paste here https://pastebin.com/
or paste it here and use the "insert code" so that we can check if what is the issue of your miner.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:31:51 PM

Here is on worker
https://pastebin.com/LjJkfMNd

Here's another one
https://pastebin.com/KzbnkkWL
BitMaxz
Legendary

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 10:05:00 PM

I don't see any problem about your miner except for network connection lost.
Check your internet ping if your internet connection is stable and try to use kano.is as your pool then check it again and maybe it is network problem that is why the reported hashrate on the antpool dashboard is low than you expected.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

Thank you BitMaxz,

I wil check that. It's weird though, because I have other miners in that same connection and they are working fine.
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:29:54 PM

Well it's been a couple of hours since I switch the cablesfrom one of the miners that were working fine to one of the other miners, I rebooted everything and the problem still persists.

I honestly don't know what else to do, I guess moving the miners to another place? I don't know if that will help.
BitMaxz
Legendary

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 10:27:22 PM

If still persist I don't see any exact problem of the miner because the status of your miner is fine.
Try downgrading your miner it might solve the issue.

Anyway you can follow the troubleshooting guide here https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9-L3-

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

I don't see anything in that troubleshoot guide that may help solve this.

Should I downgrade my firmare to what version? Any idea of were I might find it?

Thank you for your help.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:56:05 PM

Any particular reason you choose to not use the Bitmain Antpool support thread? Ya know - where all of their users hang out?

Have you even once as others have suggested tried pointing the miners at a different pool to see if they do the same thing?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:57:16 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 12:50:12 AM by frodocooper

Any particular reason you choose to not use the Bitmain Antpool support thread? Ya know - where all of their users hang out?

So far I don't know if my problem is hardware, software or antpool. I saw enough post in this forum about Antminers that I decided to start here. Thank you for pointing out that thread though, I'll  be sure to post there.

Have you even once as others have suggested tried pointing the miners at a different pool to see if they do the same thing?

Yes, I did. I pointed them to F2pool, like I said in my original post: one of them briefly mined about 13TH/s for about a day, and then all of them were back to mining 1TH/s to 3TH/s.
Ameador1

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:36:37 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 07:57:09 PM by Ameador1

How about changing ports that your miners are connected to on your switch or router?

Sometimes ports will partially fail on these devices causing network traffic difficulties. Can be due to hardware failure, power surges, etc...

An easy check to try.

Also, can you get a laptop and take the network cable from one of these miners and connect to the laptop?

If so, I would do that, and do some network tests. In Windows, I like the pathping utility - you can pathping to someplace like yahoo.com or other external domain or IP address and it will give you a good test across the network - indicating data loss and delays at the routers and well as between the routers, etc... It can really help to hone in on a problem point in the network path. If everything is ok, the NIC adaptor in the controller could be the issue (if it's a network issue). But even other causes could be eliminated if you could trade out the controller. If your miners are out of warranty - try swapping controllers with one that is working good. Bitmain has a YouTube video on how to do it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL8l2qWLKm8

If it runs good, you know it's the controller. Get a replacement controller. They're pretty cheap. If not, and not network issues, I'm not sure what else - blow them out good (dust)?
btcvzla203 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:38:43 PM

How about changing ports that your miners are connected to on your switch or router?

Sometimes ports will partially fail on these devices causing network traffic difficulties. Can be due to hardware failure, power surges, etc...

An easy check to try.

Also, can you get a laptop and take the network cable from one of these miners and connect to the laptop?

If so, I would do that, and do some network tests. In Windows, I like the pathping utility - you can pathping to someplace like yahoo.com or other external domain or IP address and it will give you a good test across the network - indicating data loss and delays at the routers and well as between the routers, etc... It can really help to hone in on a problem point in the network path. If everything is ok, the NIC adaptor in the controller could be the issue (if it's a network issue). But even other causes could be eliminated if you could trade out the controller. If your miners are out of warranty - try swapping controllers with one that is working good. Bitmain has a YouTube video on how to do it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL8l2qWLKm8

If it runs good, you know it's the controller. Get a replacement controller. They're pretty cheap. If not, and not network issues, I'm not sure what else - blow them out good (dust)?

I tried to swap the eth cable from one of the miners that's working fine with one of the other miners. It didn't work.

I'll try to do the network test though.

Thank you for your help.
Ameador1

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:08:37 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 01:22:29 AM by frodocooper

I tried to swap the eth cable from one of the miners that's working fine with one of the other miners. It didn't work.

I'll try to do the network test though.

Thank you for your help.

I thought you had meant that you literally replaced the network cable - removing the one you had from the miner and the switch/router and replacing it with another known working cable. You mean that you disconnected the cable from the plug on a good miner and plugged it into this miner? Right?

I was just reading another issue from another user that was having dropping issues - sometimes working for a while then not, etc... I know this isn't your particular issue, but maybe worth a look. Someone had posted that they were also having similar problems and ended up solving their problem by turning off IPv6 on their router. Possibly, their router was sometimes handing out an IPv6 address to the miners causing problems - or causing routing issues? Just something else to check - make sure your router only has IPv4 turned on and IPv6 is off. Just to make sure it's not an IPv6 issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: