Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , MADATORY UPDATE TO 1.3.0  (Read 34545 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:46:13 PM

Guys, keep in mind that just mining the coins is going to go nowhere. What is being done to help give them some value? A billion coins with 0 value is still worthless.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:51:17 PM

Guys, keep in mind that just mining the coins is going to go nowhere. What is being done to help give them some value? A billion coins with 0 value is still worthless.

We're waiting on the wallet update from soopy!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:12:13 PM

What I mean is... the coin's been around a long time now. Months. It had its downtime before, but there was never a push to market it or get it out to the masses. The coin has never had anything going for it other than being mineable. If you want it to pay off, you need to be making a community effort to get it out there.

Edit: I know that the wallet needs updated as well. But once it is, what is the marketing strategy?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:18:31 PM

What I mean is... the coin's been around a long time now. Months. It had its downtime before, but there was never a push to market it or get it out to the masses. The coin has never had anything going for it other than being mineable. If you want it to pay off, you need to be making a community effort to get it out there.

Edit: I know that the wallet needs updated as well. But once it is, what is the marketing strategy?

what are your ideas for marketing strategies?

I think that building some awareness around PoS/PoW hybrid status and the fact that it's 100%/year return should be at front of every communication.

This coins trades at allcoin.com for about 250-400 satoshis.  it can easily be 10x more without any other improvements. just awarness. I think anyone stoking up right now is making a wise decision!

Just check Hobonickels, Tek PHS.  They have about 5-10x less money supply but they trade at over 100 times what GRW is trading.

People need to understand that having PoS coins in your wallet is like having X amount of Hashing power, you get bitcoins for holding on a certain amount of coins for a certain amount of time. less the hassle of maintaining some hardware.

Then, I think we can add features to the wallet to at least equal what is done with hobonickels.  I remember someone suggesting to have live market data in the wallet, that is a plus IMO to see at a glance the value and capacity to generate of your account. I think this would be a nice feature!

Having some merchants and real life use of this coin would be an excellent idea... I don't have any suggestions for now.

The conversation is open, please add ideas and suggestions... remember this is a community backed "relaunch"

regarding that... I think I'm going to setup a development fund address.  People could donate to that address and it would be for developping new features and marketing of the coin. It would be a GrowthCoin address.  what do you guys think ?

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
unick

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:19:18 PM

yes, once the new wallet is up, I'll contact CMC and we should retry Cryptsy paid voting

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:53:47 AM

yes, once the new wallet is up, I'll contact CMC and we should retry Cryptsy paid voting
great .

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:28:34 AM

I think that building some awareness around PoS/PoW hybrid status and the fact that it's 100%/year return should be at front of every communication.

This coins trades at allcoin.com for about 250-400 satoshis.  it can easily be 10x more without any other improvements. just awarness. I think anyone stoking up right now is making a wise decision!

Just check Hobonickels, Tek PHS.  They have about 5-10x less money supply but they trade at over 100 times what GRW is trading.

People need to understand that having PoS coins in your wallet is like having X amount of Hashing power, you get bitcoins for holding on a certain amount of coins for a certain amount of time. less the hassle of maintaining some hardware.

Then, I think we can add features to the wallet to at least equal what is done with hobonickels.  I remember someone suggesting to have live market data in the wallet, that is a plus IMO to see at a glance the value and capacity to generate of your account. I think this would be a nice feature!

Having some merchants and real life use of this coin would be an excellent idea... I don't have any suggestions for now.

The conversation is open, please add ideas and suggestions... remember this is a community backed "relaunch"

regarding that... I think I'm going to setup a development fund address.  People could donate to that address and it would be for developping new features and marketing of the coin. It would be a GrowthCoin address.  what do you guys think ?

It trades at allcoin at 200sat+ but that's because there's no volume (24h volume is only 8 mBTC). That's not good. More people need to be trading.

I completely agree that the PoS area of it is what needs to be marketed the most. It definitely has its value there. The issue is that the coin needs to be sponsored on major sites. Getting it into something like Coindesk would be extremely helpful.

ice00

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:03:03 AM

This is one of the best coin as it is one where you can see POS in action (for all the others I try, POS event is very rare).

Wallet is already improved over the original version, however actually one wrong point is the time it is needed to starts up.
In my pc it tooks 30 minutes to open the QT Wallet using Wine (99% of other coins needs only 1 minute max to open, even with Wine).

Even into pool server it needs minutes to have the daemon ready, while the others coins take only feew seconds to start.

Actaully I'm submitting the GRW to all the trading site that as a coin submit function, hoping that at least one of them will add it.

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:38:27 AM

This is one of the best coin as it is one where you can see POS in action (for all the others I try, POS event is very rare).

Wallet is already improved over the original version, however actually one wrong point is the time it is needed to starts up.
In my pc it tooks 30 minutes to open the QT Wallet using Wine (99% of other coins needs only 1 minute max to open, even with Wine).

Even into pool server it needs minutes to have the daemon ready, while the others coins take only feew seconds to start.

Actaully I'm submitting the GRW to all the trading site that as a coin submit function, hoping that at least one of them will add it.

It takes less than 20s for me to fully load the client on my system, so I'm not so sure it's a client issue (unless it's just something that contradicts WINE in some way). Can anyone else running it on Windows let us know how long it takes you to load it too?

ice00

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:51:55 AM

It takes less than 20s for me to fully load the client on my system, so I'm not so sure it's a client issue (unless it's just something that contradicts WINE in some way). Can anyone else running it on Windows let us know how long it takes you to load it too?

Maybe it could be so a problem of configuration. I use the pc wallet configuration to be as in the server, so it is like a node and a mining too (daemon, server and listen=1)

scryptographer

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:18:13 AM

Takes about 5-10 minutes for me, where the CPU is loading a single core at 100% for the entire duration. I saw similar behaviour on PHS and HBN before they fixed it (both of those wallets now load in less than 20s).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.msg6148955#msg6148955

unick

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:09:53 PM

Takes about 5-10 minutes for me, where the CPU is loading a single core at 100% for the entire duration. I saw similar behaviour on PHS and HBN before they fixed it (both of those wallets now load in less than 20s).

Great point, I think it's a wallet issue, it's worth a shot to check out the code.

For me it's a few minutes to load so I'm pretty sure it's the same problem HBN had a while back

unick

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:12:56 PM

This coins trades at allcoin.com for about 250-400 satoshis.  it can easily be 10x more without any other improvements. just awarness. I think anyone stoking up right now is making a wise decision!

Just check Hobonickels, Tek PHS.  They have about 5-10x less money supply but they trade at over 100 times what GRW is trading.

Then, I think we can add features to the wallet to at least equal what is done with hobonickels.  I remember someone suggesting to have live market data in the wallet, that is a plus IMO to see at a glance the value and capacity to generate of your account. I think this would be a nice feature!

regarding that... I think I'm going to setup a development fund address.  People could donate to that address and it would be for developping new features and marketing of the coin. It would be a GrowthCoin address.  what do you guys think ?

It trades at allcoin at 200sat+ but that's because there's no volume (24h volume is only 8 mBTC). That's not good. More people need to be trading.

I completely agree that the PoS area of it is what needs to be marketed the most. It definitely has its value there. The issue is that the coin needs to be sponsored on major sites. Getting it into something like Coindesk would be extremely helpful.

I agree.

We just need to get our things together first, finishing the wallet is a must. Then start promoting.  I think volume should rise.

Getting onto one major exchange is another important step we need to get over.  It gives more credibility!  We DON'T need to be on thousands of exchanges, just one major and that's ok!

dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

it is right for the plan.

SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 05:07:05 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 05:44:40 PM by SolidStateSurvivor

Takes a little over 20+ mins for me to start it on an older laptop. 1.6Ghz single core 2 GB RAM, Win XP.

15 mins without daemon=1 and lilsten=1.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:01:15 PM

I agree.

We just need to get our things together first, finishing the wallet is a must. Then start promoting.  I think volume should rise.

Getting onto one major exchange is another important step we need to get over.  It gives more credibility!  We DON'T need to be on thousands of exchanges, just one major and that's ok!

I think getting on Cryptsy should be a goal. Mintpal is pretty decent as well, but Cryptsy is probably easier to get on to and has more volume as far as I'm aware. With their new addition of USD pairing, that should make it all the more sweet!

unick

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:21:50 PM

I agree.

We just need to get our things together first, finishing the wallet is a must. Then start promoting.  I think volume should rise.

Getting onto one major exchange is another important step we need to get over.  It gives more credibility!  We DON'T need to be on thousands of exchanges, just one major and that's ok!

I think getting on Cryptsy should be a goal. Mintpal is pretty decent as well, but Cryptsy is probably easier to get on to and has more volume as far as I'm aware. With their new addition of USD pairing, that should make it all the more sweet!

yes and if I recall a few pages back, there was a discussion about pooling together to buy the needed votes... We should definitely look into that!

ice00

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:50:58 PM

Difficulty is going down again and there are lot of orphans.

I hope that did not happen like two days ago with blockchain block (but actually it is too late to stay up and see, as I must go to sleep)

noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:06:49 PM

I agree.

yes and if I recall a few pages back, there was a discussion about pooling together to buy the needed votes... We should definitely look into that!
We definitely need to get it on Cryptsy.
I think the good plan is:
1. New wallet.
2. New nicely designed re-ann topic.
3. Get GRW added to Cryptsy voting page.
4. Buy votes.
burtnaked

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:45:02 PM

so many orphan blocks right now Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: