Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , MADATORY UPDATE TO 1.3.0  (Read 34545 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
burtnaked

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:30:51 PM

is grw.multi-pool.info down? its the only grw pool i know of and the frond end at least seems to be down, my comps are still mining though apparently...

It's only the front end, owner will fix it soon. Mining works fine.

hi,
sorry for the trouble, but MPOS emails that pool front-end was not working finish in spam folder (by the internet provider), so I did not see it yesterday (I always check stratum mining every day, so it was running)! This is due that I have shot time skeduled crons (for short payout), and so it generates many mails of errors in short time and provider thinks it is spam.

now it is fixed

Thanks

Hey Ice00, it looks like the pool stratum is down, i cant seem to connect Sad

also do you have an address i could donate to for running the pool? Cheesy
ice00

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

hi,

apparently it was active (I get no one warning by the software).

This is due to the time the daemon need to startup (some minutes): if stratum start when the daemon is at 50% of starting, it find it up and so it not terminate, but at the sametime it is not able to use the daemon (server was reboot as new MPOS installed into one pool change the directory structure and this cause it to saturate apache resources. Now I see how to make the changes for all the others).

Now stratum is running good. Thanks.

I'm compiling the new daemon from the new source, then I will try to run another instance of the software to let it creating the new database structure without stop the pool working and only when ready make the instant switch.

p.s.
for the donation address I will send a pm
Thanks

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
burtnaked

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:16:52 PM

hi,

apparently it was active (I get no one warning by the software).

This is due to the time the daemon need to startup (some minutes): if stratum start when the daemon is at 50% of starting, it find it up and so it not terminate, but at the sametime it is not able to use the daemon (server was reboot as new MPOS installed into one pool change the directory structure and this cause it to saturate apache resources. Now I see how to make the changes for all the others).

Now stratum is running good. Thanks.

I'm compiling the new daemon from the new source, then I will try to run another instance of the software to let it creating the new database structure without stop the pool working and only when ready make the instant switch.

p.s.
for the donation address I will send a pm
Thanks

thanks you sir for your prompt reply! Cheesy
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:49:43 PM

Hey guys here are the new commits to the source.

I activated the DNS seeds witch greatly improves the get connection time when the client is freshly installed or the peers.dat file deleted. I managed to get connected within seconds with a fresh install... no config file to mess with Smiley

I have setup a dns seed host (seed.grw.blockx.info). I plan to make it an automated process so the host can scan for good nodes to connect to in realtime.

If someone wants to host another dns seed host for redundancy please do so. send me the link and I will add it to the source.

If you can setup a static node, that will also be a great addition for the network.

I can host DNS seed host but need some directions how to setup it properly - never did it before  Smiley
Already run two GRW static nodes on my servers.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:09:36 PM

Hey guys here are the new commits to the source.

I activated the DNS seeds witch greatly improves the get connection time when the client is freshly installed or the peers.dat file deleted. I managed to get connected within seconds with a fresh install... no config file to mess with Smiley

I have setup a dns seed host (seed.grw.blockx.info). I plan to make it an automated process so the host can scan for good nodes to connect to in realtime.

If someone wants to host another dns seed host for redundancy please do so. send me the link and I will add it to the source.

If you can setup a static node, that will also be a great addition for the network.

I can host DNS seed host but need some directions how to setup it properly - never did it before  Smiley
Already run two GRW static nodes on my servers.

The quick and dirty way is to manually add ip addresses of connected nodes of the network using the default port 17177, to the A records of an address (seed.growthco.in for instance)

The more proper way would be to setup https://github.com/iamunick/bitcoin-seeder on a server so it can scan periodically the network and return active nodes.

you can check these 2 repositories to find out the changes made to the bitcoin-seeder so it listen on the correct network.

https://github.com/JoiBlumen/auroracoin-seeder
https://github.com/Bushstar/worldcoin-seeder

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
ice00

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:32:00 AM

hi,

I close the pool for today as at midnight it seems that there was a fork in the network.

I so install the new client daemon and download all the blockchain again.

Maybe the pool will be up for this night.

Thanks

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:41:10 AM

hi,

I close the pool for today as at midnight it seems that there was a fork in the network.

I so install the new client daemon and download all the blockchain again.

Maybe the pool will be up for this night.

Thanks

Another fork? unick, are any of the changes you're making going to help keep this from being a problem? Checkpointing or something?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ice00

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:04:24 AM

Another fork? unick, are any of the changes you're making going to help keep this from being a problem? Checkpointing or something?

Pool was 226 blocks ahead the block explorer.

I think that when the number of nodes will be stabilizate with the hardcore seeds and with the client speedup that there is now, situation will be better.

allcoin.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:27:25 AM

I think that when the number of nodes will be stabilizate with the hardcore seeds and with the client speedup that there is now, situation will be better.

We have the same problem .
We've frozen  deposit/withdraw temporarily.

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:54:36 AM

It looks like block explorer is stuck at block 501065 18 hours ago.
Right now my seed node 67.211.45.68 and home desktop client are both at 502515
Wondering if it correct one.
unick

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:43:13 PM

I'm still not sure what the problem is.

It could be the number of nodes not being high enough
It could also be the way PoS blocks that are being generated that causes forks.

I've also experienced a bunch of PoS blocks being generated one right after the other. It doesn't seem right.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:48:36 PM

I've also experienced a bunch of PoS blocks being generated one right after the other. It doesn't seem right.

This isn't a good sign. Is there anything a non-technical (at least in this sense) person can do to help figure out the problem?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
unick

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:00:54 PM

This isn't a good sign. Is there anything a non-technical (at least in this sense) person can do to help figure out the problem?

I think now is a good time to setup a checkpoint node. This should help the situation as checkpoints are established automatically and on a constant basis rather than by issuing a new release everytime

ice00

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

How about the windows wallet of current client?

Actually with the old it has difficulty to syncronized and so when pool has finish to download blockchains (now it is 30.000 block below) I cannot transfer coins from old wallet to new one (so payout must be stoppen until transfer will be performed).

ice00

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:03:36 PM

Pool up with latest client from git.

However payout are disabled until I'm able to move coins from old to new wallet.
As syncronization in pc is very slow I think I will able to do this on Saturday morning.

All forked blocks are market to be payed from the pool when payout will be activated.

Thanks

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:28:28 PM

Pool up with latest client from git.

However payout are disabled until I'm able to move coins from old to new wallet.
As syncronization in pc is very slow I think I will able to do this on Saturday morning.

All forked blocks are market to be payed from the pool when payout will be activated.

Thanks

You can download May 07 version of old client blockchain here - http://acidpool.com/misc/grwchain_may_07_2014.rar
Will sync much faster.
DKdance

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:44:04 PM

Does that work: http://grw.blockx.info/get/chain/GrowthCoin Is it up to date or not ?

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
noise23
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:49:23 PM

Does that work: http://grw.blockx.info/get/chain/GrowthCoin Is it up to date or not ?
Yes it's up to date now.
DKdance

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

Yes it's up to date now.

Noooooo ! xD THANKS ! So, if my wallet says 503372 whereas explorer says 502635, I'm on the fork ? What should I do ? Is my ip baned ?

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
noise23
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:03:21 PM

Yes it's up to date now.

Noooooo ! xD THANKS ! So, if my wallet says 503372 whereas explorer says 502635, I'm on the fork ? What should I do ? Is my ip baned ?
Yes it looks like you are on the wrong fork.
You need to delete blockchain files and re-download the blockchain (always backup your wallet.dat !).

If you run old Windows client you can download older blockchain version here to sync faster.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: