Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , MADATORY UPDATE TO 1.3.0  (Read 34545 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eQADOS6

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jHBII

Look at my lost these coins can not get it back?

看看我丢失的这些币能找回来不?

wait before you are fully synced.

the coins are unavailable because they were not created at the beginning of the chain.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 02:12:16 PM by unick

Is Allcoin up correctly?

I deposit yestreday GRW but it not yet counted (in wallet the amout was accepted by the network).

AFAIK, they were ok yesterday, I successfully sent some coins over there

did you get this sorted out? Maybe you should contact them

EDIT: successfuly sent some coins just now

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:38:51 PM

my connections is 13,but it doesnt sync yet,stop on  502749

Did you check with the explorer that the last blocks are in the right blockchain?

how to do it?

in the console or the command line: getblockhash 502749
and compare the result with http://grw.blockx.info/get/block/0000000094454c156b5401fcf10d134f09e0c100850297aeb52e74810a820f78
(in fact the hash is 0000000094454c156b5401fcf10d134f09e0c100850297aeb52e74810a820f78)

If the hash is the same, you should be in the same blockchain.

not the same.
should i retart to download the whole blockchain?

unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:42:18 PM

my connections is 13,but it doesnt sync yet,stop on  502749

Did you check with the explorer that the last blocks are in the right blockchain?

how to do it?

in the console or the command line: getblockhash 502749
and compare the result with http://grw.blockx.info/get/block/0000000094454c156b5401fcf10d134f09e0c100850297aeb52e74810a820f78
(in fact the hash is 0000000094454c156b5401fcf10d134f09e0c100850297aeb52e74810a820f78)

If the hash is the same, you should be in the same blockchain.

not the same.
should i retart to download the whole blockchain?

yes, check my previous message.  Make sure to delete the blk*.dat files and the peers.dat file also

then start the application with connect=IP switch (or in the config) with some some IP (2-3 is fine) from nodes at http://grw.blockx.info/connected-nodes that run the version 1.3.0.0

ice00

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 03:04:01 PM

Is Allcoin up correctly?

I deposit yestreday GRW but it not yet counted (in wallet the amout was accepted by the network).

I just open a ticket, maybe a throuble with my address

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
dengnizaidongji

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:21:02 PM

I'm having some trouble to be in the same blockchain as grw.blockx.info. I'm assuming that the explorer is in the correct blockchain.

I'm running the last github version.

I've redownloaded the blockchain at least 5 or 6 times these past two days, but I always end in a wrong fork, even if I sometimes appear as connected in http://grw.blockx.info/connected-nodes and besides having around 15-20 nodes, most of them common, but some still using 1.2.1.

Sometimes I download the blockchain from the start or sometimes I use

but it is too old as it is before the fork. I had a backup at around the same block, too early.

Usually I end at around block 501426. This last time I've used a computer in a different subnet, using a new empty wallet.dat and with the list of nodes of grw.blockx.info in my config file. I'm now on block 508152 that is some 600 blocks longer.

Does anybody knows how to connect to the right fork? Or do you have a correct blockchain after block 50200 that can be downloaded? Is there any way to avoid the connection to version 1.2.1 nodes?

Thanks

yeah you are right, try this backup of the block chain http://grw.blockx.info/grw_blockchain_20140529.tar.gz

alternatively, did you try to start the client with the -rescan switch? might help to correct your forking issue

unick,i use win XP,can you upload the blockchain with .zip but not .gz ? i can not  uncompress.
thank you.

unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

I'm having some trouble to be in the same blockchain as grw.blockx.info. I'm assuming that the explorer is in the correct blockchain.

I've redownloaded the blockchain at least 5 or 6 times these past two days, but I always end in a wrong fork, even if I sometimes appear as connected in http://grw.blockx.info/connected-nodes and besides having around 15-20 nodes, most of them common, but some still using 1.2.1.

but it is too old as it is before the fork. I had a backup at around the same block, too early.

Usually I end at around block 501426. This last time I've used a computer in a different subnet, using a new empty wallet.dat and with the list of nodes of grw.blockx.info in my config file. I'm now on block 508152 that is some 600 blocks longer.

Does anybody knows how to connect to the right fork? Or do you have a correct blockchain after block 50200 that can be downloaded? Is there any way to avoid the connection to version 1.2.1 nodes?

Thanks

yeah you are right, try this backup of the block chain http://grw.blockx.info/grw_blockchain_20140529.tar.gz

alternatively, did you try to start the client with the -rescan switch? might help to correct your forking issue

unick,i use win XP,can you upload the blockchain with .zip but not .gz ? i can not  uncompress.
thank you.

you can try http://www.7-zip.org/ or http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm to uncompress the tar.gz file

here's some instructions http://superuser.com/questions/215629/how-to-open-a-tar-gz-file-in-windows

If that doesn't work, I'll make a zip copy later

unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

Is Allcoin up correctly?

I just open a ticket, maybe a throuble with my address

the pool looks down

ice00

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:03:53 PM

The pool server is rebooting just now.

I had some problem when updating a daemon and kernel blocks all operations (so I need to reboot)

unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:06:36 PM

I had some problem when updating a daemon and kernel blocks all operations (so I need to reboot)

Excellent, as long as you know Smiley

ice00

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:17:47 PM

Excellent, as long as you know Smiley

It is now up and running

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 05:39:08 PM

I still cannot compile the wallet on Linux Sad

I used git://github.com/iamunick/growthcoin
and
Code:
qmake-qt4 growthcoin-qt.pro
I also tried with qmake-qt5

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:41:12 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 11:02:19 PM by unick

and
Code:

Ok just successfully compiled on ubuntu 12.04 the qt client.  I was missing some references to coin control source files but I doubt that is the issue you're having. Updated the github to fix that.

Started the client and got 10+ connections in just minutes Smiley

EDIT: I downloaded arch linux, will give it a try on there see how it goes It seems to be a longer install process that I anticipated, I will need to find another way to test this on arch!

unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:02:45 PM

and
Code:

Ok with this commit, you should be able to compile on ARCH linux. I tried it on a VPS but I didn't have a Graphical environment to run. Compiled successfully though.
https://github.com/iamunick/growthcoin/commit/51cc9f105e6d0c46537d004be3d010ce6b0bb060

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:09:40 PM

and
Code:

Ok just successfully compiled on ubuntu 12.04 the qt client.  I was missing some references to coin control source files but I doubt that is the issue you're having. Updated the github to fix that.

EDIT: I downloaded arch linux, will give it a try on there see how it goes It seems to be a longer install process that I anticipated, I will need to find another way to test this on arch!

It does work! On Arch! I am syncing presently. I am sending some fragments of BTC to buy Growthcoins. Thank you!
Edit: it worked 30 minutes before you posted, so maybe the Arch part was not even necessary to make it work, I don't know.
(now I must remember to tip you when I'll be rich in GRW - I should write it down lest I forget)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
unick

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

and
Code:

It does work! On Arch! I am syncing presently. I am sending some fragments of BTC to buy Growthcoins. Thank you!
Edit: it worked 30 minutes before you posted, so maybe the Arch part was not even necessary to make it work, I don't know.
(now I must remember to tip you when I'll be rich in GRW - I should write it down lest I forget)

hum, well I was testing before I wrote and I had commited the changes on github, maybe you pulled the new version.

I'm sure my edit made it work since I was able to reproduce the error you had at compile on Arch, it went away with those changes Smiley

I'm happy you are back online now !

Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:55:59 AM

Guys I'm not sure if anyone has donated anything so far to unick, but we really need to pull together to send him some donations for his efforts. More updates in the last few weeks compared with the last few months combined. I'll move some coins and send you something soon, I urge everyone else to show their appreciation as well Smiley Great work so far man
garbagerun

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:26:14 AM

Guys I'm not sure if anyone has donated anything so far to unick, but we really need to pull together to send him some donations for his efforts. More updates in the last few weeks compared with the last few months combined. I'll move some coins and send you something soon, I urge everyone else to show their appreciation as well Smiley Great work so far man

He has done an incredibly good job. If I had coins to donate I'd gladly do it!

Great work indeed!
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 06:34:53 AM

ok , i got the wallet to compile after a few tweaks,

going to take a while for the blockchain to download, then I will find my old wallet and see what shows up ....

from a development standpoint , I am curious,

I don't think the original GRO had Crypto++ included, why did you put it in ?

You don't have to answer but just curious really..... also it looks like (working off memory here I have to dig up the old source code that is long gone from github) you took out the original stake modifier in kernel.cpp and added your own, this should not matter as they are just basically hardcoded checkpoints anyway,   just curious if you did this why ?

Looks like a solid effort and a lot of work !!

I don't remember how many coins I have left and if I can earn a little stake now but i will certainly throw a few your way ....

I like non hostile community takeovers and updating 'dead' coins.....(i have done a few in my day but all were pretty simple jobs just getting things started again) nothing as extensive as this work.....

Cheers !! Maybe an exchange will finally pick this coin up now.....

I realize it is considered by many just another scryptcoin /clone whatever BUT I personally am a lot more inclined to support a coin that has kept running (Even on 3 wheels like this one did) on its own for a long time than one of these 2 day mine, ipo proof of stake x13 mutations I see the forums cluttered with here......

There is something to be said for 'paying your dues' and longevity, being around 6 months or a year or more should mean something in the world of cryptocurrency...... I think it does to some people but not enough....

Still looking foreward to see how it will work out !!

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
dengnizaidongji

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:09:18 PM

Thanks

thank you.

you can try http://www.7-zip.org/ or http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm to uncompress the tar.gz file

here's some instructions http://superuser.com/questions/215629/how-to-open-a-tar-gz-file-in-windows

If that doesn't work, I'll make a zip copy later

sorry,i can not  download the software on the website you gave me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: