Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POWER] Powercoin: Power of your coins! Released today!  (Read 11646 times)
jimjam1210

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

Powercoin - the power of world people's coin!

We're glad to announce that a new altcoin Powercoin is now released on GitHub (https://github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin-binary)! Currently we have Windows wallet (binary executable) available in this very first release. Hope you will like it and join us to mine powercoins!!

It is a coin that puts the power in your wallet! No banks to get in the way, your POW is yours to use as you see fit! The goal is to be a stable cryptocurrency that is worth your time and your hashrate. We aim to create a diverse community that uses POW to buy merchandise, gamble, rent out services, and keep as an asset that is easily transferable to fiat currencies!

The power is in your wallet!

https://raw.github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin/master/src/qt/res/icons/Powercoin-128.png

At this early stage, it's very easy to mine powercoins on your CPU! So just don't hesitate, just download it and get your own powercoin today. (Now some pools are joining to the mining process, hashrate and difficulty are increasing rapidly, and it's not possible to mine on CPU at the moment)

Here is the summary information about the powercoin:
  • based on teslacoin, using scrypt algorithm
  • hybrid Proof of Stake / Proof of work
  • estimated total supply: 21000000 power
  • 61.3 reward in each mined block
  • 4 times special hourly reward (mining for over a hour)
  • 8 times special daily reward (mining for over a day)
  • 4 minutes blocks
  • zero premine - the developer was only started CPU mining today on the day when it's released

To start a new node, you will need to create a powercoin.conf, and setup the value of rpcuser and rpcpassword. The best way to assign a rpcpassword is to run powercoind from a command prompt (terminal), and it will generate a random rpcpassword for you when first run it, you can then copy that to powercoin.conf. An example simplest powercoin.conf should look like this:

rpcuser=bitcoinrpc
    rpcpassword=12guwA4eu2aKENgFMaeVzpofdOUPpwqWCRzbaUh5FiG873

We need the community support to do the continual development of powercoin. Please let us know if you want to add your node as a default node for the network, and please tell us about the IP of your node through the GitHub issue tracking system:

As a developer, I was starting CPU mining almost the same time as others on the day it was released, and each mined block is rewarded 61.3, plus a special hourly/daily reward.

We still need charity to support the development, please donate if you want to support:

* BTC: 1Fk8bqH9RGwXx9nDPX1BBLaDKBWH13JCKb
    * POWER: 5Yrqo39Y5uLJCaeh9zXoDscTqykaySiVXQ

To da moon, Powercoin!

these guys are scammers we are the real pow these guys stole source , lets here what you gotta say op
you rat !!!! , we are getting ya took down
windex

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:04:41 PM

We're glad to announce that a new altcoin Powercoin is now released on GitHub (https://github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin-binary)! Currently we have Windows wallet (binary executable) available in this very first release. Hope you will like it and join us to mine powercoins!!

It is a coin that puts the power in your wallet! No banks to get in the way, your POW is yours to use as you see fit! The goal is to be a stable cryptocurrency that is worth your time and your hashrate. We aim to create a diverse community that uses POW to buy merchandise, gamble, rent out services, and keep as an asset that is easily transferable to fiat currencies!

https://raw.github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin/master/src/qt/res/icons/Powercoin-128.png

At this early stage, it's very easy to mine powercoins on your CPU! So just don't hesitate, just download it and get your own powercoin today. (Now some pools are joining to the mining process, hashrate and difficulty are increasing rapidly, and it's not possible to mine on CPU at the moment)

• 4 minutes blocks
  • zero premine - the developer was only started CPU mining today on the day when it's released

To start a new node, you will need to create a powercoin.conf, and setup the value of rpcuser and rpcpassword. The best way to assign a rpcpassword is to run powercoind from a command prompt (terminal), and it will generate a random rpcpassword for you when first run it, you can then copy that to powercoin.conf. An example simplest powercoin.conf should look like this:

rpcuser=bitcoinrpc

We need the community support to do the continual development of powercoin. Please let us know if you want to add your node as a default node for the network, and please tell us about the IP of your node through the GitHub issue tracking system:

As a developer, I was starting CPU mining almost the same time as others on the day it was released, and each mined block is rewarded 61.3, plus a special hourly/daily reward.

We still need charity to support the development, please donate if you want to support:

To da moon, Powercoin!

these guys are scammers we are the real pow these guys stole source , lets here what you gotta say op

We get the point, but I and I'm sure others are quite confused as to whats really going on here.
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 10:19:28 PM by jimjam1210

all notifications on social media about this event and the scammers , we are offering a bounty for the help in catching the offender

ask op does he have an fb with nearly 3000 users on called powercoin with the logos ect and the mac wallet picture , notice how there is no mac wallet , as it wasnt with other source
was pic posted on fb a few days before this , went live

op you fing scumbag
this was set up weeks ago , think of ya own ideas do ya own work op scumbag

www.facebook.com/powercoin
www.twitter.com/powercoinrev
samesstee

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

• 4 minutes blocks

rpcuser=bitcoinrpc

To da moon, Powercoin!

We get the point, but I and I'm sure others are quite confused as to whats really going on here.

the source was leaked though QT vulnerabilities from what I understand, the OP wanted to pre-mine but knew the original POW would recompile and relaunch with modifications so to work around that they decided it would be a good idea to launch it themselves.... asswipes
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:21:46 PM

not pwc its pow mate  they stole and hacked , but we gonna shut them down ,
they stole our source dint recomplie any pwc , its very different wallet this is pos/pow hybrid
jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

Man crazy shit hope this gets sorted out I wonder how they even got the source...
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:23:28 AM

i wish i knew , we will be offering a bounty to help catch the . perpetrator , he , they are trash , we worked hard on this , and they release it like its theirs , stay away from this till the true pow is launched , we are here for you guys
all the best powercoin team
powercoin.pow (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 02:43:38 AM

• 4 minutes blocks

rpcuser=bitcoinrpc

To da moon, Powercoin!

this is fake how did you steal our code this will be shut down and the real wallets will be launched

That really sucks, but there's no FAKE at all, you may join the Powercoin (POWER) or please make your own coin.
powercoin.pow (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:04:24 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:28:52 AM by powercoin.pow

op will never join in they know what they have done !!!!! who are the admins of this site , spoke to github waiting on reply email to take it all down from there git , this is our coin , 100%
i have the my original wallet and connecting to some of the nodes on here , this shouldnt be live we need to dig the rat out

But we don't keep the ownership of the Powercoin (POWER), everyone can have a copy of it, it seems that yours is OWNED by you and your team.

No body owns the https://github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin, you can join also.
mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:59:17 AM

Yes, this coin has no reason to suddenly cease functioning  Grin
I'll be looking forward to whatever coin you release, though

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
powercoin-POW

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:40:37 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 12:46:13 PM by powercoin-POW

op will never join in they know what they have done !!!!! who are the admins of this site , spoke to github waiting on reply email to take it all down from there git , this is our coin , 100%
i have the my original wallet and connecting to some of the nodes on here , this shouldnt be live we need to dig the rat out

But we don't keep the ownership of the Powercoin (POWER), everyone can have a copy of it, it seems that yours is OWNED by you and your team.

No body owns the https://github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin, you can join also.

so no matter what ya say you stole our source think ya can change it and call it power now ,  and that makes a diffrence , you stole our logo our wallet design , colour everything is the same as our code , you think you can come on and say yours is yours , mine is mine , its the same code why the hell does my wallet sync to your network , thats how i first realised we had been hacked and you stole our source , when i got the mac wallet back and turned it on and the network was synced with 3 users , that would of been you premining of course , i have  sent you several messages , faker powercoin why have you not replied to my messages , do not worry your gonna be took down , i got a good idea who you are , we will give a bounty of 10 btc to the person that names the perpetrator with 100% evidence , and helps to take them down
Travis202

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:08:33 PM

I can't believe this,i have been waiting for the new powercoin pow,and now i have been informed off a good friend of mine/coin developer that his coin and hard work has been stolen from him,what is wrong with people in the crypto community?, GUESS WHOS GOT A BOUNTY ON THERE HEAD Wink KARMA WILL GET U
powercoin-POW

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:11:55 PM

all emails have been sent to moderators and git-hub about this infringement , fake pow user  be ashamed , you are a scammer and scammers will not be tolerated in the community people like you give crypto a bad name , and to think you think you can steal someones source premine then release it
you are a conman
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:34:24 PM

hey scammers why 61.3 coins answer that question , whats the meaning HuhHuhHuh? bet you dont know or have the first clue to answer that
you scammers
mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:51:39 AM

After talking to Powercoin-POW for a while, it seems like he had definitely intended to release this coin at some point in the near future.

Unless you can refute that, OP, I'm not exactly sure what to say  Smiley

I will be waiting for Powercoin-POW's release (Whenever it is ready for release)

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
powercoin-POW

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:49:53 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 04:25:03 PM by powercoin-POW

HEY SCAMMER HOWS IT LOOKING Wink WHOS GOT THE POWER !!!!! OBVIOULSY YOUR HAVING SERIOUS POWER FAILURE ROUND ABOUT NOW  HAHAHAAH

JUST TO LET ALL YOU GUYS KNOW THE OP HAS BEEN GETTING DMCA TAKE DOWNS FOR HIS ILLEGAL ACTIONS

PLEASE HEAD OVER TO OUR FACEBOOK AND WEBPAGE OR TWITTER AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AGAINST THE HACKER IM SURE YOU WILL NOTICE THIS WAS ALL SET UP WELL BEFORE THE SCAMMER STOLE OUR NAME AND OUR SOURCE , PLEASE CHECK US OUT AND LEAVE SOME LOVE

WWW.POWERCOIN.CO.UK
WWW.POWERCOIN-POOL.CO.UK
WWW.TWITTER.COM/POWERCOINREV
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/POWERCOIN
windex

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:11:45 PM

coinpoolr.us has decided to shutdown its Powercoin pool. Please withdraw your balances ASAP.
powercoin-POW

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

coinpoolr.us has decided to shutdown its Powercoin pool. Please withdraw your balances ASAP.

thanks for supporting us the real powercoin pow
really appreciated

www.powercoin.co.uk
www.facebook.com/powercoin
www.twitter.com/powercoinrev
windex

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:36:50 PM

I wouldn't call it supporting. We would rather just avoid the confusion of this whole ordeal when its not 100% clear whats going on.
PyroClasTix

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:40:24 AM

I wouldn't call it supporting. We would rather just avoid the confusion of this whole ordeal when its not 100% clear whats going on.
This. Too much trouble sometimes. Same as Panda.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: