Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1427 times)
Saint1990 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:44:36 AM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh".
Yes, it makes the supply lesser to enforce the demand higher.
I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Apply the law of supply and demand so if you think that doesn't help the project, it's your opinion and everyone has their own points too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
stasiulman

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:54:26 AM

The deflationary model assumes that the price of tokens is growing, in medium and long terms, this is possible only in conditions of a limited number of coins. Those, with limited supply and unlimited demand conditions, then ideally the price should only increase, for example like gold holding.
But such model doesn't suit all project, and sometimes it's only loud words for luring investors.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:15:47 AM

Burning, of unrealized during the ICO, tokens should positively affect their price. Of course, provided that the project has reached soft cap and developers have the necessary financial resources to implement their plans.
Look at the Binance and their BNB token.
Saint1990 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:39:37 AM

My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh".
Yes, it makes the supply lesser to enforce the demand higher.
I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Apply the law of supply and demand so if you think that doesn't help the project, it's your opinion and everyone has their own points too.
Thanks for your suggestions but tron burned 1BILLION tokens that doesn't help it's price to grow. Also the binance burns it's native token BNB that also doesn't show it's price growing. We can say these are already successful projects. I want to know more about NEW ICO projects. The above things applies to new projects too but the team of the project should be honest and no body shows honesty in cryptocurrency world's. As these unburned tokens can be dumped by the ICO project management too.

ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:46:46 AM

Yes it will good for the token and ico. Because as far as i know if a token have less supply the demand will be increase just like bitcoin .
TheWalkingCoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:47:31 AM

Many ico is never reached of their ico sale target, excatly when they want to sell about 10,000,000 ico token but the investor only buy about 7,000,000 ico token, missing 3,000,000 token will burn by ico owner and its very good ideas to make their ico have higher price when listed on exchange market. if keep and never burn their leave token maybe price will be drop and lower when their ico listed on market.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:20:46 AM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

It can help the community either but we should be thinking in a long term benefit. If the team didn't burn the token the price won't increase because of its huge supply. Yet of course there should be also the demand as even the supply is few yet no one wants to buy it then it will be useless. On its contrary, even the supply is huge yet the demand is high the price will likely increase, more often the burning will just help to increase more.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
FreakSau

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:24:53 AM

Yes, after burning, the amount of supply token will decrease, it helps the price of token goes up.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:38:58 AM

I think burning tokens is necessary to prevent abuse and fraud, we all know the purpose of token burned to tell the number of tokens that have been scattered and no residual, I think it's fair and accurate, token in circulation can be traded, the law of supply and demand will work great in this way.
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:42:51 AM

I think it might be a good idea to destroy them all.
Because a smaller total means a smaller market value for the token, investors are more likely to get a bigger return.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
sergiokkl

Activity: 258

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 03:47:45 AM

If they reach 100% of token sold out there is no token burn because usually burning is just for not reaching the hard cap. So for the development funds, I'm pretty sure team has keep tokens for that and the ICO token is nothing important so burning and make the circulating token are best. What if they keep it on their wallet and anytime they can sell all and that's the worst thing. Price will drop rapidly

rumoo42

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:50:03 AM

It is a good idea to destroy tokens that have not been sold. Because the number of current projects is always too much, their prices are already very high. If more money is needed for further development, this is officially the most lacking.
vishudda

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 03:53:16 AM

yes it is, because the market runs and the currency price raised when there is a demand and less supply along with the coin potentiality. If the coin is potential and the coins are more, the price never inclines. If the coins are less and the coin is not potential it is waste even there are less coins.

For good projects, it is better to circulate less coins and burn the unsold coins.

Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:56:33 AM

I don't understand how it works, but it really does. I've seen price increases several times after burning tokens.
You are wrong, these tokens cannot be used because they give the team the ability to manipulate the course. Maybe this is the reason for the increase in prices after burning?

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:01:10 AM

Absolutely..burning of tokens that were not bought during token sales is a very strategic way of keeping the intergrity and value of a token because in a lay man terms if the the amount is quite  limited then its demand is definitely going to increase if the project upon which the token is developed is  a potential one.

engwenqu01

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:09:35 AM

Destroying tokens is definitely a good thing for the project, and everything is the same. The lower the quantity, the higher the price. Many projects will find ways to destroy tokens in the later stages to promote price increases. This is indeed a very effective method.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:47:30 AM

the logic reason for me, it's good
absolutely good for it project.
why ?
if the unsold token still on address,
i just think it will be make some miss understanding for some people.
for example, all unsold token will be add on coinmarket data.
anyway, about help for comunity and project development, i think the team already allocated some fund for it.
why they need more .
it's not help too much for me,

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
reingard

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:49:59 AM

It is because the price will be higher when the supply is lower. If you sell 100 tokens for 0.005 ETH each and there is more 900 tokens, they will never be worth 0.005 ETH each because the supply is higher than the amount collected.
raes

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:50:29 AM

yes of course that's good for the value of the coin market. where with a few yag coin suplay will make the coin price becomes more expensive. but now I see rarely do that, most of them make an airdrop, or dividend system for those who hold their coins.

███████████████████
▀██████████████████
▐█████████████████
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
▀▀████████████

███████████████████
██████████████████▀
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████████████████