Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1427 times)
raddish

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:53:37 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

Yours might be one strategy they migh have in mind. To me the burning of un-sold tokens will indirectly make their coins seem to be more valuable which is good for those holding their coins. Whats more is that if after the ICO their coin demand is very high which will again make the coins more valuable.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:59:00 PM

If the creators plan to develop their product further and work on it, then this is correct.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:36:09 PM

If lots of money is in circulation in a country, the money loses value. OR if a country produces lots of chickens the prices of chickens will be cheap.

Same principle applies to tokens.   It is probably why unsold tokens are destroyed.. Am not very sure though.
galekov0302

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:42:02 PM

Yes, burning helps the project a little, for example, to increase the price of the token,
Luckycoins999

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:27:17 PM

I think Yes it will help the projects because this make supply less and increase the demand it is an actually economics theory when the supply is decreasing that time Demand will be increasing. So I think it will help the entire projects.
Gaggy185

Activity: 437

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:35:25 PM

Generally, in ICOs campaigns, Token after the sale phase, if not sold, the project owner will burn to serve the development of those ICOs. This is perfectly normal and very good for the ICOs project in the later development. Thus burning the unsold Token is perfectly reasonable.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Beazerdred

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:40:30 PM

The fewer tokens exist, the higher the price of the token. Burning tokens can only affect the price. It seems to me that this is a good option because such actions all will be left to the advantage both the development team and the buyers of the tokens. And I do not see any other variants of the development of events if I do not destroy the remaining tokens, then what to do with them and to whom?

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:41:45 PM

There is no strict rule that burning unsold coins is good for every project. In some projects, this boosts token value, but it does not work on some projects. The project and the team must develop their work on the project.
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 09:45:21 PM

Yes it is usually a good sign of a well managed ICO. If unsold tokens are put in some kind of fund or something it is not good for investors...

myigitcoin

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

I think it is good to small investors and bounty hunter but for long term token burn damage project potantial. if I am holder I dont interested in token burn. if team has good project dont worry it will be succesful
imapd

Activity: 173

cave canem!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:15:40 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
As far as I know and also it seems logic that burning of the unallocated tokens is increasing the price of the rest of tokens because the total supply is decreasing by doing that, but I'm not an expert so I can be wrong.

somebadger

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:21:35 PM

Yes of course, because that is going to reduce the total circulating supply, and by this way, the price will likely go up after that token burn, and that is good for all the investors, But it also depends on how the project is going
political1907

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:24:59 PM

Yes it's good. Because when unsold tokens are burnt, value of tokens in your hand naturally increases. And investors have won at the beginning of the road.

gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:30:26 PM

There is no strict rule that burning unsold coins is good for every project. In some projects, this boosts token value, but it does not work on some projects. The project and the team must develop their work on the project.
Exactly. There are no strict rules that burning unfinished coins is good for every project. It needs a systematic cycle that follows the process. Then you can sell ICO, ...
nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:31:22 PM

I think that burning the token unsold from ICO relates to the token supply. It will make the token supply lesser so that someday, it can help the token to have higher value easier. However, not all expectation occurs. sometimes, even they burnt the token, their price is still difficult to rise. This also depends on market. But, burning is still better than letting the tokens unsold there.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:35:24 PM

If it's not good so I don't think there is any project will wanna burn their unsold token anymore Smiley. It make total supply amount decrease that mean price will increase that why there are so many ICO project choose burning to make their token price rise higher although a good coin like BNB is also burned a lot Smiley).

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████