Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1427 times)
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:08:38 PM

I think it's good because it can affect the amount of supply in the market when the price of demand rises then the price tends to go up anyway. Price movements will be relatively faster.

OmarGsPools

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:12:14 PM

Usually the burning of tokens that aren't sold during ICO gives a positive result in terms of increasing the value of tokens and the favorable result is reflected because the supply of tokens has decreased.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:12:28 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Is not really a bad idea to burn man i mean sometimes it might help increase token price once it hits exchange and there is a high demand for it in the market

Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:22:27 PM

Usually the burning of tokens that aren't sold during ICO gives a positive result in terms of increasing the value of tokens and the favorable result is reflected because the supply of tokens has decreased.
It is obvious that if they burn tokens the supply will of course decrease. Is it mandatory to all the ICOs to burn unsold tokens? What if they will not burn the unsold ones, does it have effect on the project?
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:28:04 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Check the articles in the links below. These will give you a general concept on the effect of burning unsold tokens. Basically, the idea of burning tokens is good and very beneficial for investors and users/holders. You will know how and why in these links.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eidoo/2017/11/29/token-burning-and-other-crypto-jargon-simplified/#78c148e54c4b

https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/34788/why-are-unsold-tokens-burned-after-ico

vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:50:08 PM

Yes thats one of the good thing about ICO because it has great affect on the future price because of the limited supply. But you should always research so many things of the ICO beside burning tokens like the team and their website,their usecase in the future,mvp,roadmap etc....
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:52:22 PM

Overall burning of unsold coins is good. It support coins price. So it will be good for investor anyway. Also it is rather usual practice for ICO

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:58:10 PM

Yes, it is very influential to control the number of coins in circulation. Based on my experience, after unsold tokens are burned, price movements tend to be faster and more stable.

sussan

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:05:11 AM

You may be right, but burning helps the price.
When supply is small and marketcap is good enough, then price or value increases, which I'm guessing is what investors really want. So yes, it helps
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:15:03 AM

sure it's good, if they tend to keep the unsold token for future plans it's actually bring worry to the investors.
Hence, people might avoid the coins and this will bring the values of coins keep decreasing

Tozex

Powered by,
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:29:06 AM

Yes it is good for the project. Token burn reduces circulating supply and as such propels high demand and when they is demand for a particular thing the price tends to go p. Not only this, token burn after ICO breeds more trust for such project. On a general note is a good course.
republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:36:04 AM

in my opinion, burning unsold token can be one from many ways to increase the token value,,
why,?
because burning unsold token is same as the project reduce the token supply, and this will make new demands with the token,
but, i see everyone here has a different view about this burning actions
regards
jahepahit

Activity: 866

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:41:45 AM

but not all ico will burn their unsold tokens, of course burning of unsold tokens is helpful because it reduces the total supply and that will make the token market price increase

docamvan1997

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:47:20 AM

Tokens are the way to get money from investor. When they finish their duty, they will be burned. The project can create other coins which will be used in their platform.
mokong11

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:48:44 AM

For me its not good, burning of unsold tokens of an ICO make effect to the price of the token once it listed in exchanger. Because it means once the soft cap and hard cap of an ICO never reach it means they'll never achieve the target fund of their project so the price of token will change it will reduce the price. and for me thats the bad effect of burning unsold tokens.
zalizoll

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:49:30 AM

token burns "is seen as a negative thing to the monitoring security agency when you" burn "gives you a decrease in inventory and demand increases, because it implies a bigger reward for investment, this is considered as security by most.So if the token is considered as security and not filing the right documents.
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:32:28 AM

Burning of unsold tokens will help generate the price of the token to a higher value because the total supply for it was lessen and so the demand will rise. Although some will say that instead of burning, why not give to the investors. But for me. burning is the right way to do by those in ICO.
Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:42:01 AM

Yeah for me burning of unsold tokens is very beneficial, just like economics. Burning tokens means limiting the supply, thus making more demands would reflect high price.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:53:50 AM

Yes, because too many supply ( rest of coin ) than demand can make coin price go down. In this situation I agree with burning unsold token it will help coin rotation become more faster. I believe developer team have target and if reached they have enough fund to grow up their project, no need anything else. People with high skill and experience already prepare everything to face ICO risk. Don't worry about it, term and condition make to protect ICO system and users asset.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Sihab76

Activity: 1302

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:58:03 AM

Yes i think it has a positive effect on ico because over loaded tokens decrease the tokens price and it dumping the whole marketing caps...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: