Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1427 times)
sanacaks

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 05:21:10 PM

Ofcourse it will give more value on your coins. Burning the coin is decreasing the total supply, so you will have less coin on market to buy. After reducing the supply if you can able to create a demand for your token, then you are in Smiley Without demand of token, burning will not work well indeed.

SOVREN  ─────  Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.
Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets
          [  https://sovren.app/  ]
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:31:08 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

Of course, the incineration process will be reflected in the price positively. I would like to remind you that the price is determined depending on the number of supply of existing products in the market. To give an example, a token of billions will be processed at a price level of just as much as 0.0xx, but millions of products (crypto coins) can be easily traded at price levels like 0.xxx. If we look at the event with a straight logic, we can comfortably say that the price will increase when token burn. Of course, in the case of permanent burns, the price will not increase day by day, but if the trust of the investor is lost, the price will reach to the bottom.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:05:11 AM

I can not say for sure, because I have not seen the analytical data. Give them to me and I'll tell you whether it's profitable or not.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:18:47 AM

all coins left from ICO sales are usually burned, among others, to reduce the amount
available and also to be able to maintain prices and to increase the price of coins in
the market, because with the fewest reserves and many people looking for it will
also increase for the price of coins.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:28:06 AM

Of course they are good.

Market cap is the only important thing. Think about it, if 10m dollars market cap with 1000 token or 10000 token. 10x difference for the price of a token.

ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:57:32 AM

I think this is a technical benefit. Even if we consider this in terms of analysis, then who exactly are you going to increase the part, if you do not remove these coins.
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:51:45 AM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
It is good as burning of the coins help to reduce the volume of the coins being circulated. With less volume, there is a higher chance of the price of the coin to go up quicker which makes it a win win for everyone. Also with burning of the coins you can be sure that the coins are gone and they do not belong to anyone just because they were not sold
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 01:42:10 AM

I think this is a technical benefit. Even if we consider this in terms of analysis, then who exactly are you going to increase the part, if you do not remove these coins.

yes and some believe that there will be a big impact in the price like the supply and demand  principle right? because if the supply is less and the demand is high it will pump

sd
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:47:12 AM

Well it really depends on the project that the ICO is developing. Yes it is true that burning coins can lad to a more expensive coin because of less supply. But if you really plan to utilize those coins in the future, you should think that you will need enough coins. So whatever the value for now, it could still rise up if it is utilize to full potential even without burning.

mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:39:49 AM

Yes burning of tokens really help in the price of the coin. It decreases the supply and at the same time the price will increase because of the decreasing on price. Selling the tokens on the exchange is not an answer, there are so many sellers or dumpers who wants to sell their coins so the best thing you can do is to counterpart, you must support the buy orders.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
carlzhao

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:51:11 AM

Yes, it increases the price of left tokens and ICO's losses are minimized with its help. It is a good decision I am sure because it is logic and must be done.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
aldorexxx

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:56:07 AM

Unsold tokens bring a lot of losses and this move is right to be done to avoid the lack of stability in the future. I am sure that it is very useful for ICOs.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:12:53 AM

Investors are looking for a limited token supply. If you only sell 50% of your tokens but 100% of tokens planned for sale are going into circulation, it will water down the price for investors. Technically a token burn does not cause any problems on the supply side as most tokens work with enough decimals. In my ideal world a specific % of all token used in a project get burned, regularly decreasing the supply of the token supply. There is only winners in that. I do not know of any project who has problems because of a low token supply.

Investors hat it, if you dont burn unsold tokens. Example for that is LOCI. Many potential investors held back as they did not burn unsold tokens.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:08:21 AM

Of course, yes, see burning tokens contributes to the stabilization of the price of a token or its enormous growth and this is a positive phenomenon for any project so I think that every project should do so that its investors do not go into the minus because the price at which the tokens were purchased for sale never matches prices on exchanges
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh".
Yes, it makes the supply lesser to enforce the demand higher.
I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Apply the law of supply and demand so if you think that doesn't help the project, it's your opinion and everyone has their own points too.

Words of wisdom! I think you are right buddy! Imagine if the supply ends up being much than the demand, then the project have stands to lose. Cos no real value will eventually come on any coin that fails to master. Hence, I believe it's a great strategy to deploy as per projects struggling to reach hardcap.
Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:23:13 AM

Yes instead the team sell it in exchanger better to burn it, burning the unsold token will help the team to make the project become better because the lesser supply the higher demand, so the price will increase, so the team will get a fund to sustain in the project.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:05:27 PM

It can be good for the coin but it depends on how you look at it because if you are burning the unsold tokens then that means that you are taking out a pretty good amount of the coins out of circulation which means less people have the opportunity to have the coin. It can also be good because less volume would mean more scarcity and better prices
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: