Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:59:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4090 times)
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:40:06 PM

For long term hold on Bitcoin I will suggest that you go for a cold wallet. By cold wallet I mean a wallet that you have all its keys and is offline. Coinbase is a hot wallet. If the term cold and hot confuses you just refer to Google. Cold wallets reserves your bitcoin and you won't be worrying if the is being held by a third party service. You can always come back and find your bitcoin so far you have your private keys with you.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:15:54 PM

I think the most beautiful wallet book keeps the bitcoin for a long time. Both the safe and the piracy risk is very low.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
ruslan4040

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:30:39 PM

It clearly depends on you, but i prefer to have all of my bitcoins on a safe and cold wallet, specially on a Ledger one, it is not risky and you are never going to be passing through innecesary risks because of holding your bitcoins. I suggest it to you.
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:08:02 PM

It clearly depends on you, but i prefer to have all of my bitcoins on a safe and cold wallet, specially on a Ledger one, it is not risky and you are never going to be passing through innecesary risks because of holding your bitcoins. I suggest it to you.

Yes a lot of wallet out there so it depends in which wallet we are comfortable at, there is google wherein you can research all the things that you need to, and sometimes we should experience too and share with our friends all the bad and good wallet experience we encountered.

Watch out for this SPACE!
crptotrader007

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:10:13 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
If you want to hold your bitcoin for longer time than one can use Mycellium wallet. Other than that Zebpay can also be used of in a proper way for local investors
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:27:11 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

The best wallet for me is bitcoin core. You can just download it on the official bitcoin.org site.
After you install the wallet in your computer, generate the address wallet, and start downloading the blockchain.
Then you can send your coins to your address, and just wait it few years later.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:10:52 PM

Paper wallet, or wallet from the developer! It's a top priority for Bitcoin and altcoin at the moment!
When using a 3rd party wallet, you should consider before using it!
GoldenShark

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

In market there are lots of wallets are available based on this you need to choose one which is suit able for you also trusted I mean secured based on this I will prefer Coinbase or Nano S  mainly both are good to use but it’s up to u. 
Greed Dev

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:18:46 AM

You can hold Bitcoin in the wallet on Bittrex exchange; I think Bittrex exchange is the safest exchange among all the cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. Bittrex has very high security and no hacker can attack this exchange

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
krypto taide

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:30:29 AM

Coinomi applications, paper wallets, hardware wallets are great sources.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:47:48 AM

Actually, there are many kinds of wallet and all them can able to use to hold our bitcoin. Yet, if you want to assure your bitcoin is safe and secure you should use hardware wallet like trezor and ledger simply because it is the most safe wallet and even hacker can't it hack unless you give your private key and password.
SoloMoney

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:54:14 AM

The most reliable purse for long-term storage Bitcoin is a cold wallet (Ledger Nano S). If you mean online wallet, then a good choice will be Blockchain.info
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

If you want to hold bitcoin for longterm just make sure you set 2FA and to your device anti virus or anything that protect your wallet. Other people will use offline wallet because it's more safe than online wallet but it's very dangerous because  once your devixe or the merory lost your bitcoin lose too.
Jolozxc

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:05:58 AM

I searched that the best wallet if youre going to hold your bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies it will be the best if you going to use a ledger or some hard were you can easily and are you sure that it safe to place your bitcoin.
cryptoaro

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 11:08:16 AM

I recommend for you paper wallets.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:11:03 AM

I recommend for you paper wallets.

Yes. They are much better than the online and hardware wallets. The latter may be more difficult to hack, but the possibility of some government agency seizing your coins is quite high if you store them in a hardware wallet. An example is here, from England:

https://news.sky.com/story/police-seize-125m-in-bitcoin-from-gang-member-after-house-raid-11442326
faith400

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:11:15 AM

i advice you to use Blockchain.info for Simple user interface, no ID verification needed to use it.
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:21:26 AM

Best wallet? It depends on your country. Mine has its own wallet exclusive in exchanging BTC to our fiat and recently supported XRP ETH BCH. Yet, in general, the best is still Coinbase and/or Blockchain. But still there are some issues with those applications. Trust only wallets that could be easily accessible with your mobile phone and those not exclusive for webview.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:21:57 AM

I would prefer the traditional blockchain wallet for a long hold, because I don't want to be tempted to move my coin until it's upto what I really wanted as profit from the beginning

For a long term, keeping online isn't a good option. Online wallets like MEW are better for frequent transactions. There is always a probability of such a hack portfolio and loss of money. A paper wallet or hardware wallets (Trezor, Ledger) provide much greater security for the currency held in them.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
RolandoBTC

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:29:39 AM

There are more wallets to use but the question is are you comfortable with it, as holder of coins i myself using MEW cos this is only wallet i comfortably use it, i dont mind the more trusted wallet they introduce as long as i manage well my private key i think this is the most important of long term hold..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: