Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:01:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4090 times)
frickshow

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:30:59 AM

hardware wallet and paper wallet is best for long term bitcoin because hardware wallet is not connected with internet and u can access this wallet from private keys. coinbase is a good wallet also this is a old wallet and reliable but i am not suggest u hold long term in this wallet,if u want to do trading with exchanges then u can store Ur coin in exchange like biittrex, poloniex, binance for security u need to create 2FA security.
Sact

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:47:01 PM

It is a safe choice if you go for a hardware wallet as it adds extra security, Other than that, Electrum, Mycelium, Coinomi etc are easy to use wallets which you can access through both your PC and mobile.
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:11:18 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

I think the best wallet for long term bitcoin holding is that online wallet because online wallet give as advantage that it can not be loss. Online wallet can open everywhere and anytime because it can not been get by others.

btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:16:01 PM

You can search on the google for the rating of the apps and you can search for the reviews about the application. But if i'm gonna recommend you a wallet i would recommend the blockchain and the coinbase since these two are the most trusted and most used by many users.

But if you're not satisfied you can just store your bitcoin into a hard wallet (it's just like a usb device) but it's expensive but if you don't have buget to buy hard wallet you can try the paper wallet, it's like a hard wallet but in paper wallet your private key is written on a paper.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

I recommend use blockhain. Because all this time for me blockchain is the best wallet from the past until now. Blockchain has a very good level of security and trust. Two features in the blockchain wallet that is 2fa and private keys into advantages compared to other wallet. Oh yes blockchain also has applications in android and also an integrated webbase system. This is an excellent plus value of blockchain.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

If you have enough money, the best wallet you can ever have is the hardware wallets. Hardware wallets cost huge sums of money to purchase . For financial reasons I strongly recommend blockchain wallet because it is highly secured and has no bugs. One amazing thing about blockchain wallet is the  speed at which transactions occurs.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 02:12:29 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 05:59:17 PM by Kang Bahar

I personally would not use a web wallet like blockchain.info, because I am uncomfortable and a bit afraid to use web wallet.
You should buy a hardware wallet like ledger nano or trezor, but I prefer to use electrum for long-term bitcoin hodling because electrum is very light, easy to use and has a pretty strong security with two-factor authentication feature as well.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:17:40 PM

the best wallet for holding bitcoin in a long term or we can called it the long term investment is the hard wallet, the hard wallet is the wallet that have the security highest than software wallet or the online wallet, so if you want to invest in a long term you can use the hard wallet

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Cryptoworld4

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 02:47:56 PM by Cryptoworld4

I recommend you use the blockchain wallet. You can visit the blockchain website on how to sign up. It is more secure than other wallets.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
The best choice if you will only hold your Bitcoin would be a cold storage, generate your own private keys and print it on a paper or buy a hardware wallet that secure your private keys offline but there are no wallets that don't have any bugs or vulnerabilities, even hardware wallets should update its software. The Bitcoin wallets that you should avoid when holding your cryptocurrency are exchanges or third party services that offers free online wallet that will not give full control of your private keys.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:57:45 AM

The best choice if you will only hold your Bitcoin would be a cold storage, generate your own private keys and print it on a paper or buy a hardware wallet that secure your private keys offline but there are no wallets that don't have any bugs or vulnerabilities, even hardware wallets should update its software. The Bitcoin wallets that you should avoid when holding your cryptocurrency are exchanges or third party services that offers free online wallet that will not give full control of your private keys.

Well obviously you're right about cold storages being the most secure way though no wallet is secure enough if the user doesn't get careful with passwords and private keys. Most compromised wallets are victims of phising rather than being hacked.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Olga1111

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:20:40 AM

I recommend using a hardware wallet for no dangerous storage, especially in the long run.
BlackAngel999

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:47:14 PM

As far as i know hardware wallet is the best wallet for any projects. You can use TREZOR, Pi wallet, BWALLET TREZOR etc. These wallets are very cheap and also effective for long term bitcoin holding.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:52:03 PM

The safest wallet is if you have the private key wallet
if you do not own your private key then anything can happen
never store your bitcoin on web wallet better use wallet hardware

btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:12:31 AM

That may be differ from your location. Blockchain is the most suggested but in my country, I use coins.ph and this is downloadable in playstore. It has a variety choices to cash in and cash out and also has 2fa.
Dmmahesh

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:25:44 AM

Hi...
I think the coinbase wallet is good..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:40:51 AM

Hi...
I think the coinbase wallet is good..
It's good if you'll convert bitcoin to fiat or any other token but using it for long term holding? no.

If someone has budget for buying a hardware wallet don't doubt to yourself that's the safest way of keeping your bitcoin in the long run.

But if you don't have budget you can also use paper wallets.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
lissandra3612

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:47:37 AM

For long term holding, you should think about hardware wallet because it is safest
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:53:22 AM

There are new digital wallets out there being introduce and those wallets are good for long time holding. If you can check that there are many kinds of forms of digital wallet and one of it that i consider safe to use is the offline wallet like paper wallet and hardware wallet wherein you can store you btc offline without exposing you wallet to online if not in use or when you are not going to trade.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:56:21 AM

There are new digital wallets out there being introduce and those wallets are good for long time holding. If you can check that there are many kinds of forms of digital wallet and one of it that i consider safe to use is the offline wallet like paper wallet and hardware wallet wherein you can store you btc offline without exposing you wallet to online if not in use or when you are not going to trade.

very true. Paper adn hardware wallets are the ones. If you intend to use it on daily basis, then hardware wallet is better option. If you only want to hold lng term, paper wallet should do

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: