Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4088 times)
gonizar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:51:03 PM

I want to choose a wallet to hold bitcoin. Which one is the best and has no bugs and problems? Which is worse? Its easy to install and easy to use. Any wallet you have access to its private key is cool in holding bitcoins for long, which you can keep keys offline to avoid any kind of hacking and to keep your Bitcoin safe.. Smiley Smiley
Balayashi

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:54:35 PM

It really doesn't matter what wallet in hold the coins. You hold you're coins in a block references in the blockchain. As long as you hold you're private keys, you can access it from any wallet.
btcdarkfanboi

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:07:18 PM

There's offline wallet like Paper wallet or hardware wallet that you can store your coin offline and you'll get the private keys for it. safer for being hack unless they hack your PC
Zhess Miller

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:02:36 PM

Trezor. It's worked really well for me. Highly recommended.
 They give you a sheet to write down your recovery seed/phrase so that in the event your Trezor is lost/not supported in 30 years/whatever, you can easily recover your wallet by entering the phrase into any popular wallet service, such as Electrum or Mycelium on your phone.
 It's a good, foolproof system. But you should play around with it for a bit, exchange some coins to your own wallets, get a feel for the device, then finally move your savings to it and sleep soundly knowing that they are safe and the backup exists.
Miguel Fulton

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:13:06 PM

What would be the reason to get two wallets? Can you mirror a single wallet on two hardware wallets, or would the idea be to store some of your btc in one wallet and some in another to "not put all your eggs in one basket" so to speak?

Also any particular reason for Ledger vs Trezor or KeepKey? An open source hardware wallet seems like it would be safer unless you really trust Ledger.
Onecrypto18

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:15:59 PM

The best wallet for me is blockchain wallet. Although I use coinomi since it accepts almost all coins and tokens. Maybe you try out both. But I would recommend blockchain wallet if your only interest is Bitcoin.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:21:44 PM

I use Ledger Nano S. So lightweight and portable plus easy to use. You can access via a normal pc without actually installing anything.
saeroji92

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:39:06 PM

As far as I know, the best software wallet for BTC is a wallet provided by the provider, Etherum / Etherscan
Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:49:19 AM

the answer is obvious-paper. easier and safer purse no. all the rest is derived from private keys from other people
Hagrigton

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:06:11 PM

You can have a look at Bittrex here www.bittrex.com and Binance here www.binance.com I like their security level for  both of them there are so good with further security measure of 2FA which will send some signal to your personal smartphone  before any access will be granted to your wallet with either of them.

Yeah they are quite secure, but I saw somewhere else on the forum (I can't remember where exactly) that someone was testing the security flaws of exchanges like theirs. They found quite a few holes.

Most exchanges have some kind of 2FA feature now and it is a good feature, but I believe there are still backdoors in. Not necessarily to your specific account, but to the exchange itself. A hacker who gets in through another way can then get into any of the accounts quite easily. Although I would assume that because they are such large profile exchanges, they'd have someone on fraud alert 24/7 like other major payment gateways do.
_backslash

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 12:20:03 PM

I use ledger nano. Am confident In it
Vladislav2306

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

The Ledger Nano is a best choice if don't want to trade. It is a hardware wallet. Private keys are generated and signed offline in the smartcard’s secure environment, wich means safety. It may be used on any computer, or Android phones with Mycelium or GreenBits.

<div align="center">
<a href="https://brightnetwork.io">Bright - FINANCIAL SERVICES ON THE BLOCKCHAIN</a>
</div>
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:32:42 PM

Why would you want to trust your bitcoin into someone’ care? I’m using ledger nano s, a hardware wallet and it’s been fantastic. I would recommend same for you. It’s user friendly and all you to do is keep your code or seed safe.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:40:39 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I think the best bitcoin wallet for long term holding is Ledger Wallet. Because it's like a USB type wallet and it's also an offline wallet where you can carry anywhere you go. And not just Bitcoin you can hold here also Ethereum
sanjeevbaweja

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:47:13 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
IN FACT HARDWARE WALLET IS TOO RELIABLE FOR LONG TERM BTC HOLDING, AND SOME REPUTED EXCHANGE ALSO HAVE BEST WALLET LIKE COINBASE, BINANCE, POLONIEX, ETC...
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:20:19 PM

If you are holder I suggest you should use hardware wallet which can help you to protect your bitcoin from hackers. Hardware wallet is too difficult to hack and I think most of the whales use hardware wallet like ledger and trezor. Lastly, hardware wallet is the best wallet in terms of holding and keeping your bitcoin.
ubongephraim

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

Blockchain wallet is very secure.
That's what I use. But if you wanna opt for optimal security. Then get a physical nano ledger wallet. 100% security.
*kimcil*

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:45:38 PM

If you hold Bitcoin for a long time then I think you should hold Bitcoin in your wallet at blockchain.info. I think this is a very secure website.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:51:32 PM

The're lot of wallet that you can use but there's different advantages and quality, it's up to you what wallet that you want to used for your bitcoin but I recommend some wallet like hardware wallet or a paper wallet that is the most long term wallet and cold wallet to keep your Bitcoin safe.
mhojakho

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:54:23 PM

I prefer to use paper wallet so it was not easily to hack, unlike any other wallet that was easily to hack even if you put security on it the tendency of it got hack because sometimes the apps you use has a inside job even if you didn't transfer the money it would transfer to someone account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: