Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4093 times)
Arafat01775

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:59:08 PM

You can use any wallet for holding bitcoin. But you have to safely keep your privet key. You don't share this privet key anyone. And also you can use paper wallet or hardware wallet. Personally i have use blockchain and coinbase wallet. You can also use it if you want.
FarmerGreene2
Copper Member

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:13:01 PM

My vote is for paper wallets where you have multiple backup copies.

Online accounts like Mt. Gox and Coinbase are my absolute _last_ choice.  The former went out of business, the latter ate their customer's value in bitcoin cash.  That's a hard veto.

An electronic wallet can be lost to a cyberattack, hardware failure, or I could forget the damn password.  If I'm smart and write down the password and keep backups and never connect that system to the internet then I can avoid those.  That is all more complex than a paper wallet.

You might talk me into a multisignature paper wallet, with the keys stored separately in audit-able tamper evident ways in secure locations.  I'm hesitant about that though, since loss of n keys can cause the entire sum to become inaccessible
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:18:44 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I have heard a lot of people talk about the Ledger Nano S cold storage. It is a coin store in offline status. That would make hackers ineligible to break into our wallets. So I recommend you buy it and keep your money. Its security is very high and is very much preferred by users.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
lumedeee02

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:52:51 PM

My own view about this is base on choice if wallet but it should be the one you have full control of it that is, you have your private key safe and secure
Zaibraid

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

I have been very faithful and have been loyal enough to use myetherwallet. In my opinion myetherwallet is perfect for storing coins for long term. I myself have proved it. Good or bad, easy or difficult in using the wallet depends on ourselves. When we want to learn about the wallet, apply all the security features, and always be careful then it is easy in use. All depend on us as managers. Therefore before choosing a wallet that we will use then we should know more deeply.

samuelmanta

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:22:03 PM

In theory the wallet for the safest bitcoin is Ledger Nano S (Phisical Wallet). Ledger Nano S is a secure Bitcoin hardware wallet. It connects to any computer through USB and embeds a built-in OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its buttons.

There are 6 reasons :

- Control over your money
- Variable validation
- Basic transparency
- Very secure environment
- Variable privacy
- Variable fee control
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 02:39:15 PM

I don't know what's the best wallet to hold bitcoin because I only use coins.ph (it is wallet created for Pilipino) and also myetherwallet but i thing mew was not too safe when you doesn't have ledger keys.

If you have wallet then stick on it because there are a lot of wallet do fish your account that can claim your money easily.

I think there are a lot of people do use coinbase for their bitcoin and just check the link before create or log in account.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:59:16 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I recommend blockchain, the reason is that the advantages of this wallet are closely related to economic evolution, because this wallet became part of Bitcoin development from the beginning. and very safe.
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 03:13:46 PM

To store bitcoin you can use blockchain wallet & coinbase also is an authentic wallet, in one wallet you can store your bitcoin, ethereum & BCH also.
These wallets are more secure you just secure their passwords or keys & after that you nothing to worry your assets are secure.
Kazuyukie

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:30:58 PM

Aside from the fact that the primary reason that you may want a wallet is to secure your funds, you should also consider how you intend to use your currency. for long term storage for investment purposes, an offline wallet is probably safer, such as a desktop wallet, paper wallet or hardware wallet. However, for everyday use, mobile wallets and online wallets are the most convenient.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

Of course there are a lot of wallet options here but I suggest you to use Wallet hardware, Trezor or Ledger because after I look for data and an experience from many people that's the answer most people recommend to me and after I wear one of the wallets it is very proven superiority of the wallet and I think the wallet can we use for the long term.

cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:39:04 PM

if we are looking for long-term holding then hardware wallets are safe they have security features to hold for long-term
Akenosi

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:25:55 PM

A wallet u can determine the security personally is the best, for long term bitcoin holding to avoid hacker hacking ur wallet I.e having access to the private key of ur wallet
Urbinklin

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:03:49 PM

I'm using the Trezor wallet. It's a cold wallet that looks like a flash drive. It is very convenient and I think this wallet is the most secure.
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:26:03 PM

i think all wallets are the same ledger, nanno and the rest of them. if you really want to prevent yourself from being hacked you just gotta be able to locate a scammer when you come across one. because if you are able to locate scammers it reduce chances of you being hacked. for me any wallet for holding i just write it down in a book.
ashfakur

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:51:56 PM

At fast I like hardware wallet and I advice you can use it! second you can use Paper wallet is the safest and easiest, but best to copy it and put in more than 1 different places. Like if your house burns down you can lose the paperwallet. than you can use blockchain wallet. thare are three wallet I advise you to hold btc,, so your wise, best of luck.. BTC

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
mojo2208

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

I personally use the wallet Copay. He is reliable, there is good protection. Well and in general, any purse will be safe, for the clever person. A fool, even with the best protection, managed to lose currency
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

It is Ledger Nano S wallet (hard purse or wallet) is a leading brand of electronic money store today. Nano S is a product of Ledger company in France. It connects to any computer and attaches a secure OLED screen to verify and confirm each transaction by manipulating the buttons on the wallet. Ledger Nano S can hold many different types of digital money such as Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Labajah

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:44:28 PM

I always use MyEtherwallet account...  I trust this wallet account for so many years.  I know hackers are everywhere the important thing that you have to be responsible to keep your wallet being safe.because the reason behined why some wallet account has been hacked by the hacker's is due to carelessness of the user's.
Hagrigton

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

What about Armory? Has anyone tried it? I tried downloading it and installing it but it won't open on my mac. It just crashes every time I try to open it.

If I'm not mistaken, it's probably smarter to keep this installed on an external disk that doesn't have a regular connection to the internet, isn't it? That way it's not vulnerable to hacks and fraud.

But with the paper wallet, this wouldn't be a concern. Only holding onto your original keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: