Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4088 times)
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:54:51 PM

Any hardware wallet would be safe and usable enough or If you are planning to hold on for a long time without spending it, a paper wallet could be a super-safe option for you.
mellar1084

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

fastly I like hardware wallet and I advice you can use it! because  Any hardware wallet would be safe and usable enough or If you are planning to hold on for a long time without spending it, a paper wallet could be a super-safe option for you. second you can use Paper wallet is the safest and easiest, but best to copy it and put in more than 1 different places. Like if your house burns down you can lose the paperwallet. than you can use blockchain wallet,  and lastly I suggest to use coinbase wallet, translation,  sefty is very stong. so your wise Sad
delegend

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:22:04 AM

I will want to recommend hardware wallet since it has to do with long term in order to avoid theft.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:25:31 AM

The wallet software is developed and supported from the official developers!
That is my top priority with both bitcoin and altcoin!
This is my opinion, you should choose to suit your needs!
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:36:52 AM

You should use Hardware Wallet only and you can get the best one for you from this article
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/best-cryptocurrency-hardware-wallet-for-you/
SweetCryptoNews

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:51:50 PM

Wallets many. Safety is important for long-term storage. The most popular and safe - the Bitcoin core. But it is not suitable for IOS and takes up a lot of space on PC.
innocentlamb

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

Any hardware wallet would be safe and usable enough or If you are planning to hold on for a long time without spending it, a paper wallet could be a super-safe option for you.
I agree with you. Hardware wallet is the best option in my opinion. I bought a Trezor wallet last year after i got hacked because of stupidity and now this wallet is like my bff lol. When buying, make sure that its from an original source and not some shady website, because people are selling modified hardware wallets so they can steal your data.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:42:39 PM

In my opinion the most important thing is to make a wallet the first time, the most important thing is that when you enter the password it must be complicated because the complicated password will become an encryption that is difficult to break the hack.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:17:56 AM

I think the hardware wallet will be very much ok for long term hodl. It's unhackable, it's untraceable, and it's viruse free. It can't get destroyed unless you willingly want to destroy it.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:34:23 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

The best wallet for bitcoin if we are planning to hold for long term is using hard wallet. Many different type hard wallet right now and we can choose one to store our bitcoin. Hard wallet more safe because we control it
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:36:38 AM

To keep Bitcoin in the long term, I recommend buying cool wallets to save them. I have a lot of people using Ledger NaNo S This is a Bitcoin and Altcoin storage device, the Private key encrypts them so you do not need to worry if the storage device has problems.

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I think you are looking for a hardware wallet. I suggest you buy Ledger nano for safe keeping your bitcoin. It is safe because you cannot open the wallet without the physical hardware. It also have a paraphrase key to retrieve your wallet in case you lost the hardware device.
bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:15:41 PM

Always keep the majority of your funds in an offline cold storage wallet.  It's too risky to keep your funds on a device connected to the internet otherwise known as a hot wallet.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:17:55 PM

I think you are looking for a hardware wallet. I suggest you buy Ledger nano for safe keeping your bitcoin. It is safe because you cannot open the wallet without the physical hardware. It also have a paraphrase key to retrieve your wallet in case you lost the hardware device.

i dont think op wants a hardware wallet because he already said that he only wants a wallet that easy easy to install and easy to use .  we all know that hardware wallets are not user friendly , hardware wallets are not also easy to use because you need to set up them first plus you need to always plug them on your device before you can use them .  that is so much hassel but we cant deny that hardware wallets are always secure when compared to the normal ones .

@op , there are lots of wallets out there that you can use on the go , without the need of installation . few recomendations are coinbase , blockchain , myetherwallet , etc .
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:24:15 PM

if you are planning of holding bitcoin for a very long time then be prepared to get the hardware wallet because for me it is the safest it is very secure and you do not have to fear any form of hacking. another interesting thing about digital wallet is that it also allow some other altcoin and token to be store on it which means incase you have some other coin apart from bitcoin you are planning for holding for long time then you can rely on such wallet. ledgar Nano is one of them
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:35:22 PM

Go for any Cold wallet to keep your Bitcoins Secured, you can also use paper wallet.
Elips1

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:09:49 PM

For long term storage use HARDWARE WALLET.I'd recommend ledger nano s or trezor this is  the safest wallet ever.This toughest security measure possible to safeguard any crypto-investment from the prying interests of hackers.These wallets may give you the ultimate protection for your crypto-investment, but it is finally up to you to safeguard your treasure
Legone

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:26:59 PM

If your looking for the best wallet for long term I'd recommend Paper wallet or Hardware wallet both are fantastic ways to store your Bitcoin .Paper wallet is the cheapest, quickest way to secure your Bitcoin. While Hardware wallet like Trezor or ledger allow for the creation of private keys using devices that are secure enough.
siglesias

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:37:49 AM

I can only advise you to use electrum wallet. because electrum is a wallet that matches the criteria that you are looking for. and so far, I never found an obstacle in electrum.

[ OOOBTC.com ] ● Crypto Trading Is Now Rewarding
▬▬ ● ● Daily incentives, Awesome bonuses, Incredible support ● ● ▬▬
https://www.ooobtc.com
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:50:04 AM

I personally use Coinbase, I know the guy above me said don't use it, but I have never had any problems with them and all the transaction fees haven't been an issue for me as I usually only receive Bitcoin and don't send it a lot.   I like Coinbase cause they are at least backed by something..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: