Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4084 times)
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:15:13 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

I think the best way for a long term holding here in bitcoin is an harware wallet. You can keep it until the time came that you wanted to sell it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghosong

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:25:45 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
You can use certain wallets which are better for storing them in hardware Wallets and offline is the best so it's safer.
Usually I only use a wallet provided by a local service provider here in my country, I think it's safe enough, and I will only hold it on my account.
Cryptocb

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:37:48 AM

Bitcoin wallet used for a long time investment, I prefer using Blockchain wallet, which has more secure and saved, secondly, base on current price of bitcoin has come down to buy and keep for a long time selling.
judel_2018

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:46:30 AM

I am just using a wallet provided by the local service provider here in my country I will just hold it on my acct but if you want to hold in a particular wallet it is better to hold it in a hard wallet so that it is much secured.

I think paper wallet is the best wallet for holding bitcoin for long term. I choose this wallet because it is very safe. And also it is very far from hackers and I keep it very well.
ryan619

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:21:29 PM
Merited by AdoboCandies (1)

If you are looking for the best wallet for long term holding then i suggest you get a hardware wallet if you are buoyant but if you are not i suggest you make use of blockchain wallet and make sure u activate the email and google authenticator so as to safeguard your wallet and never forget to always backup your phrase and keep your recovery phase safe.
angelakrasnova

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:53:05 PM

the best wallet is a personal computer! you need to install a purse on your computer, it weighs 140 gigabytes, after downloading all the blocks! and not in any way not to go from this computer to other sites, as well as do not use it in general except for storage! then exactly no one will steal your money!
Bosunbossman

Activity: 315

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 04:37:46 PM

specifically i will suggest you make use of mycelium wallet. You can download it at playstore, It is one of the best wallet to me which has good user interface with maximum security and please dont forget to extract your private key and keep it safely

HYDAX GRID TRADING ⎈ BOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ OTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ Listing ⎈ Affiliate

Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:39:31 PM

Bitcoin wallet used for a long time investment, I prefer using Blockchain wallet, which has more secure and saved, secondly, base on current price of bitcoin has come down to buy and keep for a long time selling.
Well blockchain is a good wallet but now, I am currently using coins.ph as my wallet. I’m putting all my coins here and holding it until the prince increases.
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:39:56 PM

you want something that can be considered cold storage while it is resilient. my favorite is encrypted private key etched on a piece of metal. which is basically an improved version of paper wallet. it is a cold storage (if you create it right, meaning offline on a clean computer). and it is encrypted so no one can just read it and use it. and also it is on a metal (you can use stainless steel which is easy to find and cheap, or Aluminum) so it is resilient to fire, water,...

stay away from web wallets like the suggestion the first reply above gave, that is the dumbest way of long term storage! not to mention that an account on coinbase doesn't give you your private keys so you don't own a wallet you only own an account!

Couldn't agree more on the web wallet and especially if it is an exchange wallet. You are basically under the mercy of the exchange.

Arafat01775

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:47:21 PM

I think every wallet is ok for holding bitcoin. But you have save your privet key. Privet key is main if you keep save your privet key then your wallet is secure. And you can also use hard wallet like trezor.
mbenga

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:12:35 PM

In my personal opinion, one of the best wallets for long term Bitcoin holding would be Ledger Nano because it is one of the most stable and secured from other wallets and it is not totally online to be easilly hacked.
dear53

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:34:38 PM

Many people will ask you many wallets when asked. I'm talking about you need to know about a good quality wallet, which is what it needs to be in order to be a good wallet. There is an idea of ​​a wallet. So you have to look at the terms and conditions of each wallet. You have a good idea about these wallet security. The wallet used to keep bitcoin is not the same as the security of all. If you want to listen to people, you can get in trouble in future. So I want to say you that to keep your bitcoins safe You need to find a good wallet the wallet that you like. You can get such a good wallet by using your own intelligence. So do not listen to someone else's words and find yourself a good wallet. I suggest you the paper wallet is one of the good wallet for long term Bitcoin holding........ Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

MalcolmBee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:12:47 PM

Electronic wallets can be downloaded software, or hosted in the cloud. The former is simply a formatted file that lives on your computer or device, that facilitates transactions. Hosted (cloud-based) wallets tend to have a more user-friendly interface, but you will be trusting a third party with your private keys.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:13:46 PM

The software wallet is a hot wallet that uses applications to manage your wallet. You can download and install software wallet directly on your computer, phone or tablet. There are many types of wallets today.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jorgelugra

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:24:45 PM

I think that most traders would agree that the best wallet for btc is the hard wallet. you should take this into account and not choose any other one if you don't want to take risks
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:18:16 AM

If you want to store your coins for the long term then the best option is a hardware wallet no only they are very secure the chance that you lose your money is very low especially if you use an operative system that is clear from viruses, another good option is a paper wallet but a paper wallet has some disadvantages compared to a hardware wallet and that is why I prefer the former.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:18:51 AM

I think if i am planning to hold my bitcoin for long term, i am prefer store my bitcoin in hardwallet. Hardwallet more secure because its not connected with internet. But i think in any wallet, as long we keep our private key, i think its safe to store our coin
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514

●●

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:36:02 AM

The software wallet is a hot wallet that uses applications to manage your wallet. You can download and install software wallet directly on your computer, phone or tablet. There are many types of wallets today.

You just need to be more diligent to find information on Google to see and analyze a good wallet that you use for the long term.
tadung8790

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

Those reply of this post are useful. Tks for the post. I will save this post on my bookmark
Siakol

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:44:07 PM

It is better to store it on a paper wallet so that no one can get it because if you store it on wallet there is big possibility that you will be hack specially if you have lot of bitcoin many hackers would have interest in your wallet or you can buy a nano ledger to store it all and don't give the password on someone to avoid loosing your coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: