Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4093 times)
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:59:37 AM

i think the hardware wallet, you can store you bitcoin into hardware wallet safely, you can use many brand of hardware wallet that already in thepublic now, https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/hardware/ is the recommendation from bitcoin.org about the bitcoin wallet
so far, I have only used blockchain and Myetherwallet as a storage place for cryptocurrency that I got. Well, even though there are several times lost, but I think, the two wallets are very good and easy to use. well, maybe hardwallet looks pretty promising.
Favour

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:01:10 AM

:I'm also here to learn, what I can deduced from what most of the people have replied so far it means Cold storage or any wallet you can have access to its private key will be good to go
Ayasena

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:04:23 AM

I think the core wallet of bitcoin itself is the best wallet in the crypto world to hold long-term bitcoin. This wallet is not easily damaged and hacked
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:11:04 AM

For long time holding only paper wallet gurantee you what your fund will be stored securely.

Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

Coinbase is the worst wallet and it doesn't hold any private key. Basically it is a third party wallet that can be hacked anytime and the team are suspending many accounts. I have lost my 0.1 BTC in coinbase wallet. My first advice you to use hardware wallet. If you use online wallet, blockchain.com is the best wallet that holds private key, security pharase.
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:05:09 AM
Merited by Emilyp (1)

There are a number of software wallets for Bitcoin, but I believe the best way to store your Bitcoin is through a hardware wallet. Most times why people's wallet get hacked is as a result of poor handling of their keys, so to make sure you stay safe, try as much as to keep your keys safe from they prying eyes of the internet by either using a cold storage.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:23:47 AM

There are a number of software wallets for Bitcoin, but I believe the best way to store your Bitcoin is through a hardware wallet. Most times why people's wallet get hacked is as a result of poor handling of their keys, so to make sure you stay safe, try as much as to keep your keys safe from they prying eyes of the internet by either using a cold storage.

even if you are using a hardware wallet there is still a chance that you can experience a problem. Like for example what of you did loose your hardware wallet ? Or what if it is get damage by water, fire , sand or you accidentally drop it and it got shocked resulting for you to loose all you data inside it .

you can also get hacked or phihsed whenever you insert your usb ( hardware wallet ) and paste your private keys to any exchange .

See? Almost every action do still have a risk .  so whether you use hardware or online wallet  , their security are both the same .
Adelbertsteiner

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:51:56 AM

Coinbase is one of the easiest places to buy, sell and hold electronic money. The great advantage of Coinbase is that it is easy to see and easy to use, and extremely secure, which will give you peace of mind when storing bitcoins here.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:33:20 PM

even if you are using a hardware wallet there is still a chance that you can experience a problem. Like for example what of you did loose your hardware wallet ? Or what if it is get damage by water, fire , sand or you accidentally drop it and it got shocked resulting for you to loose all you data inside it .

you can also get hacked or phihsed whenever you insert your usb ( hardware wallet ) and paste your private keys to any exchange .

See? Almost every action do still have a risk .  so whether you use hardware or online wallet  , their security are both the same .

It is supposed to save your private keys offline which means it's somewhere out there in its memory. Honestly, I'm not going to spend a hundred dollar for a hardware wallet when I can just make my computer totally secure. To me, hardware wallets are for those who are insecure with their computer skills. Insecure enough to not think that their computers aren't free from virus. I really think that hardware wallets will be one of the focus of hackers since successfully finding out how to hack one would mean that you're able to hack all of them. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe these hardware wallets costs so much because there's something special in its technology. But to me, writing down your seed or private keys on a paper is much safer than having a device. Paper wallet to me is the best way to go.

Plus, if someone finds your hardware wallet, they can just steal it. There might be a program in the future that hacks hardware wallets by connecting them to a computer, they might not be. But when someone gets your hardware wallet, they already gained $100 from the hardware wallet itself so it's still prone to getting stolen even when they can't steal what's inside.

CainCoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:11:41 AM

Coinbase is the worst wallet and it doesn't hold any private key. Basically it is a third party wallet that can be hacked anytime and the team are suspending many accounts. I have lost my 0.1 BTC in coinbase wallet. My first advice you to use hardware wallet. If you use online wallet, blockchain.com is the best wallet that holds private key, security pharase.

You're totally right! I have switched to Ledger Nano S recently and now I can sleep tight Cool
I used to have Jaxx with no problem, but they say it is vulnerable to hackers attacks, so I had to switch.
Thanks for recommending blockchain.com! Maybe I'll need it someday Cool
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:32:24 AM

Our wallet needs to be secured; this is the first condition which needs to be fulfilled.  We are often attacked by hackers.  They steal our money.  I became prey to those hackers few days ago.
That is why I was searching for a secured wallet.  
I came to conclusion that I should buy some hardware wallet.  now I have bought one nano and I feel myself secure now.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:46:47 AM

Personally me coinbase is the good safety for the Bitcoin wallet, but hardware wallet not bad it's nice strong give us safety. I have holding Bitcoin with my coinbase wallet it's give me good safety so you can use it. Basically I hope it's give you good safety with your wallet.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

It is supposed to save your private keys offline which means it's somewhere out there in its memory. Honestly, I'm not going to spend a hundred dollar for a hardware wallet when I can just make my computer totally secure. To me, hardware wallets are for those who are insecure with their computer skills. Insecure enough to not think that their computers aren't free from virus. I really think that hardware wallets will be one of the focus of hackers since successfully finding out how to hack one would mean that you're able to hack all of them. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe these hardware wallets costs so much because there's something special in its technology. But to me, writing down your seed or private keys on a paper is much safer than having a device. Paper wallet to me is the best way to go.

Plus, if someone finds your hardware wallet, they can just steal it. There might be a program in the future that hacks hardware wallets by connecting them to a computer, they might not be. But when someone gets your hardware wallet, they already gained $100 from the hardware wallet itself so it's still prone to getting stolen even when they can't steal what's inside.
Yes this point must be considered.  You are right if someone steals our hardware wallet then we will not be able to recover our coins.  So it is an important point for those who are using this wallet to keep it in such locker which is not reachable e.g. Bank lockers.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:28:47 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?.

I prefer to use coinbase and MyEtherWallet but i like MyetherWallet to save my funds specially the token that i got through bounty campaign, and i think it is safe to save our funds in there.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
AnnaLim

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:31:45 AM

offline wallet is the best and safest wallet ever. I read somewhere that people say that offlline wallet is a trustworthy one
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:39:59 AM

I have been using mycelium for a long time now and it is one of the best wallets to keep if you want to hold for a long term. If you have more than 1 Bitcoin then I would suggest you to buy Trezor or ledger to keep them safe.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:00:49 AM

For Hold long time, should use the official Wallet software! Safe, effective and updated constantly and latest!
Restrict use of software for supply from 3rd party.
amwer

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:39:27 AM

Thanks. Just messed around with Electrum and sent a small amount from coinbase just to get a handle on how transfering bitcoins and the blockchain works. Hardware wallets really do seem to be the best was store btc safety.
What would be the reason to get two wallets? Can you mirror a single wallet on two hardware wallets, or would the idea be to store some of your btc in one wallet and some in another to "not put all your eggs in one basket" so to speak?
Also any particular reason for Ledger vs Trezor or KeepKey? An open source hardware wallet seems like it would be safer unless you really trust Ledger.
Beowulfcadmus

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:02:56 AM

You can try to keep bitcoin in your wallet okex.com and blockchain.info even though I haven't used it for a long time.
DavidSCryptoguy

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:08:48 AM

Ledger Nano S, always and forever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: