Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:38:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4088 times)
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

I recommend Blockchain.info, it's very safe and reliable, even though the fee is high, but until now we seen the level of security, the security is very high and guaranteed and always updated, I really like it and recommend Blockchain.info  Wink

kidis

Activity: 241
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

There are cold wallets (hard drive) and hot wallets (connected to the internet).
I don't reveal a big secret to you saying that for long term holding you need to choose cold wallets. it's pretty safe. The market's full of them, make a research to choose what wallets is best suited for you
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:09:57 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I used to use ledger to store bitcoin for a long time and I recommend not storing bitcoin for a long time on the exchanger.
Ledger Nano too in here, well i not try to do anything with bitcoin that i save in there yet. So i put it on my ledger and save it in safe place in my room. only put a little amount of bitcoin in local exchanger.
I agree with Ledger Nano especially when a person is hodling a huge amount of Bitcoins or any crypto currencies that the Ledger Nano supports.
A desktop wallet is also good but it should be offline and away from internet connection to prevent malware and viruses enter your system and hack your precious Bitcoin hodlings.

Correct, it is not recommended to store Bitcoin on exchangers for a long period of time because it is too risky and if the exchanger got compromised your funds will surely melt in an instant. Grin
Jednopivo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:16:44 AM

Hold your Bitcoin in a hard wallet wallet, like the Ledger.

Hardware wallets have major advantages over standard software wallets:

- private keys are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller, and cannot be transferred out of the device in plaintext
- immune to computer viruses that steal from software wallets
- can be used securely and interactively, private keys never need to touch potentially-vulnerable software
- much of the time, the software is open source, allowing a user to validate the entire operation of the device

As with most things, there are disadvantages and you can find these on Bitcoin Wiki https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet

bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:17:17 AM

There are many options here. Depending on the time they want to store and the purpose of the job, the investor will select the most suitable purse. But for long-term and large-volume bitcoin investors, I think they would choose hardware wallets to minimize the risk.

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

If one is willing to spend a good amount of money, a hardware wallet is definitely a good choice to store your bitcoin for a long time. Among the best rated and reviewed hardware wallet is available on the market easily.

Though the free option of keeping your bitcoin either on your computer or on the exchange with 2FA security enabled is not so bad, the hacking threat is there especially on exchanges.

So it is best to keep your bitcoin offline as much as possible should you wish to keep it safe for a very long term.
Adelia15

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:57:43 AM

Trezor is not a buy and sells a platform like Coinbase. Instead, it is simply a place to store your Bitcoin. Trezor is a physical device that plugs into your computer, tablet or phone to access your money. Trezor works with a variety of currencies and acts as a password manager, two-factor authentication device, and other useful features. This provides several protection measures against passwords. Losses and equipment are lost, but you should learn from the sad lessons of others and ensure that never, ever happens. The special point of this digital Bitcoin wallet is to keep others from stealing your Bitcoin, so this is the best option for security if you intend to store btc for a long time.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:41:21 PM

I think that the paper wallet is well suited for longterm holding. I think that users need to keep Bitcoins as small as possible on the exchange. I think this is a risky Bitcoin holding option.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:08:28 PM

I have been using both Coinbase and Blockchain.info, both of them are very good and safe. Lately, i have been using only blockchain.info which is very easy to use and user-friendly and i haven't faced any problem so far.

hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:34:18 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

For bitcoin wallet, there are many wallets you can use out there, but the best wallet i think the client wallet.
But the disadvantage is, you must download the database to your pc. You have full control of your wallet, only you.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mintomia199

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:43:21 AM

I recommend the hardware wallet for bitcooin holding for long term time.It is more secure and no change to hack by someone. For software wallet,I prefer coinbase which is more flexible and secure to  use.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:46:28 AM

I recommend the hardware wallet for bitcooin holding for long term time.It is more secure and no change to hack by someone. For software wallet,I prefer coinbase which is more flexible and secure to  use.
for my hardware wallet I also recommend, this is after a lot of cases of hacking by irresponsible and harmful people. can use nano ledger wallets, or use trezzor. this can be used as one of the best options today rather than risk losing coins in the software wallet.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:53:00 AM

I think blockchain is quite safe and can be trusted to store bitcoin for a long time, besides that you can also use the Ledger Nano for other bitcoin storage.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:57:10 AM

paper wallet is most safest wallet for long holding.
Be sure what your keys nobody copied and all done

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:31:24 AM

The best wallet for long term holding bitcoin is the wallet address, that you don't use for your daily transactions.
You just make some wallet with new address, and keep the private key  or seed safe, then you can send btc to it and leave it without using.

Renampun

Activity: 2324
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 09:51:33 AM

there are some wallets that I think are very good and safe for Bitcoin HOLDING, like Trezor (Wallet Hardware), and Blockchain.info, both of these wallets have their own advantages and disadvantages, such as a hardware wallet that costs quite a lot of money and you have to be very careful in saving it or Blockchain.info is charged a fee in each transaction. the choice is yours and don't be afraid of being hacked because the security of these two wallets is very high...

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 09:59:50 AM

I stongly suggest that you use hardware or paper wallets because you have your own provate key and it is an offline bitcoin wallet that only you can access. This type of wallet is very recommended for long term hodl of bitcoin. Don't use online wallet because it is not very secured and you don't have your own private key.
Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:18:50 AM

Obviously coinbase wallet is best for long term bitcoin hold. Big part of bitcoin traders and bitcoin holders use coinbase wallet. Because coinbase wallet is very secure for hold BTC. Since the invention of coinbase, no hacking has happened since today and hacking this wallet is very difficult. So I think you can choose this wallet for hold BTC.
slaz26

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:22:06 AM

Really but the scheme for earnings. You need to know how you are going to make money and know what to do. Not everything is as simple as you think. The chase for the cue ball serious.

dewildance

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:24:50 AM

If you're going to send crypto money into it and store it for a very long time, I think the safest way is definitely paper wallet. It's both cost-effective and safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: