Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:25:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: why people selling below ICO price and the future of ico ?  (Read 494 times)
baonguyen (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:52:14 PM

Why many people selling asap below ICO price when the token/coin listed on Exchange.
If they can sell below ico price why they buy it from ico ?!
when you buy coin/token from some ico, do you have trust in them ? i saw many ico listing below ico price.
Price = 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ico price.
No one can take a profit except the ico owner. They have all ethereum and don't do anything ? not scam but don't do anything.
Where is the future of ico ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emence

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:08:55 AM

Actually it depends on the available information that the ico investors have. Many people buy during ico thinking that the price is low but after listing they realize that the price was high and to sell them now will be good.
FireEye58

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:58:17 AM

When people realize that they have invested in a bad, boring project, they tend to sell their tokens. This is no different than that.
JungleBadman

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:03:21 AM

It starts with the private and presale investors who got a lower price and/or bonuses who are making a profit when it is first listed, then inexperienced investors sell because they font want to lose their money. Its a bear market, there is low buying volume for all projects and it makes sense that there are not many buyers buying after ICO hits exchanges. The best thing people can do is wait until the bull market returns and hold their tokens.
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:08:31 AM

Why many people selling asap below ICO price when the token/coin listed on Exchange.
when you buy coin/token from some ico, do you have trust in them ? i saw many ico listing below ico price.
No one can take a profit except the ico owner. They have all ethereum and don't do anything ? not scam but don't do anything.

Agree, but not all investors are like that those investors that is new in investing are really scared on what will happen next, as my self i do invest on ico which i loved most and i think that is successful, at the first listing of the coin in the exchange those bounty hunters and few investors will really dump it. those investors sell it for the reason of they need money or just cant wait the ico price.
Titus Maximus

Merit: 60

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:14:50 AM

Agree, but not all investors are like that those investors that is new in investing are really scared on what will happen next, as my self i do invest on ico which i loved most and i think that is successful, at the first listing of the coin in the exchange those bounty hunters and few investors will really dump it. those investors sell it for the reason of they need money or just cant wait the ico price.

It‘s also my opinion that the large majority that sells under the ICO price are people who go the coins for free, like people who joined airdrops and participated in bounties.

That is why smart devs are locking the token for bounties/airdrop for at least one month after the ICO.
CoinMarKetHW

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:35:30 AM

Those who are selling their ICO below ICO price may be frustrated or reluctant to take risk for making their money growing. But I think that only ICO owners are the profit maker. Because I already have made profit from ICO. So, I think you shall be more research oriented before investing in ICO.
mairespleet

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:26:30 PM

People sometime invest without doing any research or collecting any information on the project, that's why later they sell these ICOs at a lower price when they realise these were just bad ones. It's better if you do proper research before investing on an ICO. There are a lot of ICOs there which have bright future with brighter motives like Kakushin, SET.
cold cool

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

Many people regard investing in ico as a gamble. They think that if ico is lower than the issuing price, it should be sold immediately. Otherwise, the price will continue to fall.

Hercerays

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:52:55 PM

I don't have clear idea about this condition,  usually this kinds of changes doesn't happen because of any specific reason many reasons can be involved behind this , but it confusing that why anyone buying it if they would sell it for low price but let's see where the future takes us predicting anything is hard now
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

Maybe they join the presale and get cheaper price or bigger bonus and the price right now is good enough for them to sell their coin. There's a lot of factor that can make people sell their coin, if they suddenly need money then they may sell their coin, or if they think the project's future is bleak.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ZirconiumX

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:00:02 PM

Reason why people selling below ICO because they recieved their tokens from airdrops or bounties and advisors are selling their tokens too and after that others start to dump because of this things....Panic is bad
emmaong12

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:00:27 PM

I guess they just panic, the prices on the DEX's always seem to be low as a lot of people don't bother to use them yet aswell.
SoliDCoiNs777

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:19:59 PM

People are panicking as the price is going down. That's why they are selling it even if they are facing losses. ICO is generally for long term investment. People should gather knowledge before investing in anything
The Crypto Peasant

Activity: 258
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:06:21 PM

A lot of people are not selling "under ICO price" they are selling to accumulate more ETH or Bitcoin, as you trade using ETH or BTC, as long as you are selling for more ETH or BTC then you originally invested then you are fine.

a lot of ICOs are now offering ridiculous discounts in private sales so you tend to find this is what most of the selling is.

the future for token sales is very strong this year alone $6.3 Billion has been raised in ICOs, surpassing 2017s total funds raised from ICOs. You just need to do a lot of research and make sure you are investing in strong projects that are going to be successful or at least look like they will be, Strong team, Strong partnerships, a Great idea that actually has real-world value. The token actually represents something on the platform and is actually needed (a lot of projects don't need a token and do not need to be blockchain based)
Aeneous

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:34:34 PM

Its a norm these days especially for bounty hunters to sell below the ICO price,the drive to make quick money just wont let them hod on
sussan

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:46:59 PM

I noticed that most of the people selling below Ico are Whales who got huge bonuses or presale buyers.
So they are already in profit even if the coin is trading below Ico price
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:48:03 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 01:03:35 AM by GizmoCoinTEAM

Some People wants quick money that's why they sell Coin in below ICO price. No, they don't sell in loose. Rather some presale investors got a huge bonus, like 20-30% bonus than ICO investors. And then they dump their bonus coion when they ICO coin listed on the exchange. If that ICO product will good then Coin price will increase after listing on exchanges. So, there has some fact.
ashao1015

Activity: 529

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:50:55 PM

Because most of people think that If it bear market then all ICOs will be below ICO price. But it's not true. Some of ICOs will trade much higher ICO price. For example quarkchain,Seele, metronome etc. If you invest in best of the best then you have the chance to make money even on the bear market.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:53:20 PM

Selling below the ICO price is a norm n the crypto market these days, its no longer surprising that people do that most of the times, especially the bounty hunters, the urge to make money quick, not realizing they might be selling very high quality coins  that could have made them good money in the future

Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:59:11 PM

Some of those people are having their own reasonable reason behind it. I knew some of them actually. Some of them are buying many in the ICO and then selling it on market after it get listed so that the value of it will be decreased much and will hit below ICO value. Me I am not people.I am the one who waited even for a long time.
xda-developer

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:59:50 PM

The main purpose of participation in ICO - to get profit and if somebody sell tokens below ICO price, than it mean that this person got thos tokens for free or significantly lower than ICO price.

shushle

Activity: 336
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:13:12 AM

Investors are different, pre-sale with the purchase price below the ico. A bounty administrators, advices, and even exchange sell tokens immediately after the listing, as they are not bought, they were given for free.

│   F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │     A sports token that knows your favorite team
(     Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS     )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[   TWITTER     FACEBOOK     REDDIT     ANN THREAD     TELEGRAM     INSTAGRAM   ]
okaypool

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:22:10 AM

The fact is that almost all members of the bounty of companies immediately sell their tokens. They try to make a profit immediately. Because of this, the price falls, and many investors do not stand up, panic and also sell their coins to somehow get their money back
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:49:03 AM

as bounty hunters they sell it because they need money. i do signature campaigns but i prefer to hold my coins because i have a regular job to support my daily needs. investor have bonus so even if they sell it right away they won't lose money or they will lose a little. after ICO price drop because there is no demand. project are still in development that is why there is no demand. that is what ICOs team do to develop the project.
iwah

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

TREEBLOCK.io

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:55:08 AM

Mostly people sell below ICO prices because of the bonus they received, if you invest in an ICO and got 30 - 50 % bonus, when it hits exchanges, you can easily sell below the ICO price and still make your money? that's more reason I don't invest in an ICO that has huge bonus offer.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
orengitu

Activity: 608

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:59:59 AM

they sell the bonuses they get when ico investment but i'm sure only new investors do that, because they panic with very cheap prices or maybe they want to invest on other ico

●●●●●●●●[Plastic Finance - Recycle . Re-use . Prosper - Plastic Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸White Paper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:16:09 AM

The result of the token price after it will be listed on the exchange site will; depend on how many bonuses that have been giving by ico platform to the early investors called pre-sale participants or even private sale participants. Usually, those pre-sale investors have been dumping their token instantly. But i think that the fact the momentum of the project gives a lot of impact to the result of price.
baonguyen (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:55:16 AM

The result of the token price after it will be listed on the exchange site will; depend on how many bonuses that have been giving by ico platform to the early investors called pre-sale participants or even private sale participants. Usually, those pre-sale investors have been dumping their token instantly. But i think that the fact the momentum of the project gives a lot of impact to the result of price.
Yes. Ivestors from Pri or pre-sale have advantage. usually 30% or more than Public sale. so they can sell lower than ico price but also take some profit. Thats why must lock token of Pri or Presale investor least 1 week after listed.
baonguyen (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:00:56 AM

They must lock token of Pri or Presale investor least 1 week after listed. Ico use big bonus to collect more Pri-Pre-investor and Pri-Pre-investor dump they coin -> ico dead -> Ico's owner have eth from investor, Pri-Pre-investor dump for profit.
result : small investor alway lose money.
( sorry for my bad english Cheesy )
Yocerr

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:02:28 AM

hi, Pri-Pre-investor dump for profit. There are a lot of ICOs there which have bright future with brighter motives
Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:06:32 AM

First, perhaps because they don't like the project.
Second, maybe this project has institutional investors, so the prices of institutional investors will become very low.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 03:18:08 AM

Some of the people who are selling at the ICO price are bounty hunters, and investors who can a huge bonus from the ICO's pre sale, some ICO are giving up to 50% presale bonus, so they can give sell below the ICO level because they already made profit from the bonus.

baonguyen (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

as bounty hunters they sell it because they need money. i do signature campaigns but i prefer to hold my coins because i have a regular job to support my daily needs. investor have bonus so even if they sell it right away they won't lose money or they will lose a little. after ICO price drop because there is no demand. project are still in development that is why there is no demand. that is what ICOs team do to develop the project.
Agree "i have a regular job to support my daily needs"
i thinks it's the key for this point. in bear market, we need a regular job so we can hold our token/coin and waiting for bright future. When all dumpers sell and quit the game and more new investors come with bag full, the market will go green. i just waiting for that because i have a job, no need to sale when dump.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:27:30 AM

Reason why people selling below ICO because they recieved their tokens from airdrops or bounties and advisors are selling their tokens too and after that others start to dump because of this things....Panic is bad
yes, your reason is right. many people are selling coins under ICO as well because they need money and some may not know the actual ICO prices and many people are acting rashly to sell when prices are still below ICO. They should stay calm while holding tokens and always check the price growth at any time, so you can make a profit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
bunny0612

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:34:41 AM

Because they realize this project is unreal. They sell it before too late. Or they have large bonus from private sale, pre-sale and they want make some profit. When price go lower some people get panic, they decide to sell it.
gentsy brink

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:15:55 AM

there are two options, sell it directly or hold it for some time until the price goes up. I see most people immediately sell their coins after the ico ends with the cheap price. certainly, it will make a big loss. it would be better if we look at the market price first, and choose the right thing to sell or hold it.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:20:02 AM

Most people get the tokens from bounties or they participate on presale and took advantage of the bonus.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:26:27 AM

there are lots of circumstances why people choose to sell their coins below ico prices, but mostly people that gets a rewards coming from bounty sell immediately by their own reasons and as obvious is to earn money. here we cannot avoid people that are only here because of money, that is the reality involved once there is money also involve.
Miles123

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:35:00 AM

It depends on them, some people sell it quickly because they need the money asap. They can't wait for the ICO price and greedy about the money. They don't any knowledge about that and they lose a big profit.
Crystalcoin24

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:10:37 PM

I think we should be very careful before investing on an ICO project. In most ICO projects, the price of tokens fall very rapidly and the investors panic and sell off their coin as soon as possible. So before investing on in ICO, we must study the white paper, observe the team and think carefully about the possibilities.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:47:46 PM

This always happens nowadays because of the fear of losses in the future.,its a common stigma for investors nowadays they are cutting the losses for the fear of losing a large amount of invested capital. When the token usually listed on a exchange facility, most holders usually pump and dump the price, and after gaining some profit they immediately sell it. A token becomes usually valuable over time because of the lack of community support., and then new token is always introduced in the market.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:47:50 PM

The future of ICOs is pretty unclear. Some can stay but not definitely everyone can stay.

Everyone who sold their tokens below ICO price wants to recover their capital asap no matter how much they've lost.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

sell for example if you needed money to invest in another project or if you see that the project does not do anything

dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:36:31 PM

So I see this thread is old but interesting. Many factors influence it but so far I know "real" investors will not sell their coin or tokens under ICO price unless there has been no significant development on the project for several months. All I know is that they sell their tokens or ico from the Bonuses they get when they follow the ICO or the bounty hunters who sell it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:47:52 PM

It wasn't really the intention to buy from ico then sell in lower price,but investors are good on this if they think that the coins has no good future then they hage no choice but to be assured and stop the loss if there are

Because no one really knows what would be the outcome of every project,the investors are betting on this ,in short theres kinda gamnling inside t
tokenlife

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:49:53 PM

Some people receive tokens for bounty program.
Some get discounts on early stage of token sale.
Some want to leave the project asap because of market situation, token price fall for any reason to save at least some money invested.
goolesby

Activity: 574

Gistcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:57:02 PM

I also see many bounty hunters sell their coins below the ICO price. Moreover, it is very dropped price leading to the dump. I don;t know what they think. But, exactly it really makes the price worse. Now, we must be wiser in deciding when to sell the coins after distribution form ICO.

wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 02:02:31 PM

They dont list at the lower prices than ICO by their own intentions but to stop the spamming of tokens by bounty hunters. This is to avoid sudden surge in the exchanger and they dont want people to dump the prices very hard and make the funds of ICO go upside down like that way. This is new strategy very much coming recently. I guess this is common practice now to avoid the scams. Many times people who participated in the bounty will anyway sell their tokens at lower prices because it is anyway 100% profit for them. Thus, once this dump surge has passed on then one can easily see ICO progressing towards higher prices as there are no more dumpsters.  Smiley

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

When the project did not live up to its expectations, investors begin selling their tokens at a price lower than under ICO, in order to somehow return some of their investments.
shapegray

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

I don't think that ICO hype will last long. In the future people will give up to make ICO and the amount of ico is definitely reduced. But in the other side, it can make market recover. Investor will not confuse to invest in ICO or strong coin.
Titus Maximus

Merit: 60

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:45:26 PM

When the project did not live up to its expectations, investors begin selling their tokens at a price lower than under ICO, in order to somehow return some of their investments.

I agree with this view. I invested in a project called savedroid and they needed 6 months to get listed on an exchange. On the day it hit the exchanges there was a mass sell off. Everyone was tired of waiting and just wanted to get out...there are some more examples. It is key that the project delivers or the investors loose confidence very quickly.
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:48:17 PM

Many people will sell below ICO price, that was very normal. Inorder for your crypto to be sold, you need to lower your price so that many people will interested on it. If not, you cant find a buyer for your crypto.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:52:31 PM

Most of the time people who sell below the ICO price are the bounty hunters. Also when the investors give up on a project then it is better to go out at 1/2 the price of ICO then 1/4th.
ganesh10

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:11:39 PM

It is mostly due to unexperienced investors selling in panic because they think they will loose the profits or that the market or a particular project could not recover from a drop.
CryptYeah

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:18:26 PM

They just want to get their money as quickly as possible, and do not worry about the balance of the wallet. Yes, and as practice shows, often immediately after the ICO the price falls sharply - everyone sells - and you can not even have time to sell even 1/8 of the price.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:32:31 PM

Okay this are people wants to earn enough money and not hoarding any coins in cryptos. I mean they need to have a day to day job to spend their money to pay taxes,foods and house rentals. Some People sell below ico and buy other coins.

EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:35:57 PM

Same opinion here. I always wonder why some people will buy tokens at ICO at higher price and will he happy to sell it for lower price on exchange and therefore crash the price. Maybe they need money urgently and can't wait longer.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
gawuk

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:02:17 AM

In my opinion, developers should be actively involved in guarding the price of tokens, including pumping when needed.
But I think when an ico doesn't get maximum support, it's likely that developers will focus on their projects first.
And I think maximum support is obtained when the market situation is generally good.
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:16:37 AM

In my opinion some ICOs offer a 25-50% bonus when you buy their coins in a certain period and also you can get more tokens from referrals so basically they can get more tokens and will profit a lot when it hit the exchanges even without waiting for the ICO price to reach or higher than expected. This is just my opinion.
Orang Tua

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:17:32 AM

Maybe not all, but you also have to consider the initial investors who get very large bonuses, or bounty hunters who want to get fast money.
Actually the main problem is current market conditions, because when global coins don't grow, not many communities are interested in buying tokens, even in the best projects.
Xintenson

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:37:37 AM

That's a good questions, and I sometimes wonder that. Why would someone say invest $1,000 into something, and then go on to sell it for $500. I'm guessing it's the market. They feel that there are better opportunity elsewhere.

For example the alt market it hurting, so it might be wiser to take your money out and put it in Bitcoin.
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:56:51 AM

That's a good questions, and I sometimes wonder that. Why would someone say invest $1,000 into something, and then go on to sell it for $500. I'm guessing it's the market. They feel that there are better opportunity elsewhere.

For example the alt market it hurting, so it might be wiser to take your money out and put it in Bitcoin.
They are impatient buyer. They  just want to get fast profit, don't need to know what is the value ICO project will bring back. But have someone would sell if they see the market is going down, and buy back at lower price to increảs the number of token they are holding.
Netcave

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:24:53 AM

I think each one has a different situation, because many sources can cause dumps. But the smallest possibility is probably from investors, because of course that is a very strange thing. Maybe this is what makes communication with developers very much needed, because the price of a token should be escorted by the developer in any way according to ability.
MairaObergh

Activity: 270
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:12:02 AM

Maybe the got in the ICO with a bonus and so it's not so much of a loss. But nontheless, I think doing that is too risky. I read the other day something about a study that found that something like 90% of ICOs are scams, so maybe it's just the devs smiling in your face while they dump. Don't trust ICOs people.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

Yes, you are absolutely right up to some extent but not every ICO investors would sell below ICOs price. Moreover, no one would even love to sell below whatever he/she purchased during the ICO but condition may warrant at times. Some people would need their which they already projected it won’t last more than the moment and they have no any other options from any other angle of the world, so the best option for them could be selling whatever they have at that moment to get what they need. That’s why you see people selling below what they purchased, no one would be pleased with such act in any way. My opinion, though
kakade

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:24:41 AM

Yes, they are too quick to sell the coins and sold below the price of ICO. I think they need the money and was forced to sell the coins. And it has a lot going on, most people regret having sold the coin too quickly.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
PutuPartoHarjo

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:10:51 AM

I think there is not much that the developer can do for now, because the market continues to fall, and maybe the Ethereum they have is not in line with the range they expect. But of course a good project remains potential, because if the market hype returns, maybe the developer will start to get involved in pumping up prices. So if the project is really good, maybe a cheap price is an opportunity.
Etronix

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:56:39 AM

I think one of the variables that is enough to determine the price of a token is where a token is released. But of course this will return to success at ico, because to register on a large exchanger requires a large fee. It's strange when the price of tokens is far below ico's price, but this is the crypto world, that we will never get any warranty, including from the developer.
gredisgold88

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:58:26 AM

I was forced to sell a token when the price was still below the ICO price because it was disappointed with the performance of the project development team.
Roksodhon

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:48:12 AM

It's not surprising, usually a bounty hunter to sell below the price of the ICO. And because of that currently a lot of ICO giving the reward for the bounty hunter with a long period of time. The reason is so that the price of a token does not fall.
Lalapo08

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:59:06 AM

Maybe they sell their coins because they insist on needing money so selling coins is the last choice to do. If they don't sell coins because it is urgent maybe because they have analyzed that the coin will not provide a good future so it is better to sell to invest in other sectors. You can also invest in buying other coins that are more potential than experiencing greater losses. But if I personally will be patient with the price of coins that are still below the ICO and do not sell it in a hurry because the coin whose price is still below the ICO means that the process is still adjusting to market conditions.
haryatiposton01

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:06:40 AM

Do you mean bounty hunters? If you mean bounty hunters, they sell their tokens because they need money, but if you mean investors, I think they sell bonus tokens that they get from pre sale, I also think they sell tokens below ico prices to manipulate the market.
Don Lord

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:25:51 PM

I think it may be because of not knowing all the details or just a lot of people do not want to take risks, or just stopped believing in this project. It's just a lot of people are starting to panic.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:37:54 PM

People are selling below ICO price because at the end of the day, they will still make their money, most of them are given huge bonus and when they sell below the ico prices, their bonus will still cover for the lost, also bounty hunters are factors too, they can sell at any given price.

Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:46:15 PM

People sell because they're cutting their losses and getting out whilst they can. 99% of ICOs are just pump and dumps to enrich either the creator or the very first investors and once everyone starts cashing out that obviously has a knock on effect and down goes the value. People really need to start understanding the norm of ICOs because 99% of them are the same and follow the same pattern. I wouldn't bother with the majority of them and just wait for the right one that actually offers something that you can get behind long term and those are the ones you should be trying to back, not just another pump and dump scheme.
maro101

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:43:16 PM

Sell below those investors who purchased project tokens on special offers or with large bonuses. Otherwise, why should investors sell at a loss? This is not logical.
kfor01

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:50:35 PM

Usually bounty hunters do that, they want to cash out or investors who are disappointed in results or may be people just need money right now.
jalaaal

Activity: 372

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:23:24 PM

most of the time, investors are not selling their token below ico price, they tend to wait for their investment to have a profit first before they sell, bounty hunters are probably the one who sell immediately even if the price of a certain altcoin is below ico price.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: