Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why people selling below ICO price and the future of ico ?  (Read 495 times)
Crystalcoin24

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:10:37 PM

I think we should be very careful before investing on an ICO project. In most ICO projects, the price of tokens fall very rapidly and the investors panic and sell off their coin as soon as possible. So before investing on in ICO, we must study the white paper, observe the team and think carefully about the possibilities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:47:46 PM

This always happens nowadays because of the fear of losses in the future.,its a common stigma for investors nowadays they are cutting the losses for the fear of losing a large amount of invested capital. When the token usually listed on a exchange facility, most holders usually pump and dump the price, and after gaining some profit they immediately sell it. A token becomes usually valuable over time because of the lack of community support., and then new token is always introduced in the market.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:47:50 PM

The future of ICOs is pretty unclear. Some can stay but not definitely everyone can stay.

Everyone who sold their tokens below ICO price wants to recover their capital asap no matter how much they've lost.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

sell for example if you needed money to invest in another project or if you see that the project does not do anything

dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:36:31 PM

So I see this thread is old but interesting. Many factors influence it but so far I know "real" investors will not sell their coin or tokens under ICO price unless there has been no significant development on the project for several months. All I know is that they sell their tokens or ico from the Bonuses they get when they follow the ICO or the bounty hunters who sell it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:47:52 PM

Why many people selling asap below ICO price when the token/coin listed on Exchange.
If they can sell below ico price why they buy it from ico ?!
when you buy coin/token from some ico, do you have trust in them ? i saw many ico listing below ico price.
Price = 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ico price.
No one can take a profit except the ico owner. They have all ethereum and don't do anything ? not scam but don't do anything.
Where is the future of ico ?

It wasn't really the intention to buy from ico then sell in lower price,but investors are good on this if they think that the coins has no good future then they hage no choice but to be assured and stop the loss if there are

Because no one really knows what would be the outcome of every project,the investors are betting on this ,in short theres kinda gamnling inside t
tokenlife

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:49:53 PM

Some people receive tokens for bounty program.
Some get discounts on early stage of token sale.
Some want to leave the project asap because of market situation, token price fall for any reason to save at least some money invested.
goolesby

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

Gistcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:57:02 PM

I also see many bounty hunters sell their coins below the ICO price. Moreover, it is very dropped price leading to the dump. I don;t know what they think. But, exactly it really makes the price worse. Now, we must be wiser in deciding when to sell the coins after distribution form ICO.

wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 02:02:31 PM

They dont list at the lower prices than ICO by their own intentions but to stop the spamming of tokens by bounty hunters. This is to avoid sudden surge in the exchanger and they dont want people to dump the prices very hard and make the funds of ICO go upside down like that way. This is new strategy very much coming recently. I guess this is common practice now to avoid the scams. Many times people who participated in the bounty will anyway sell their tokens at lower prices because it is anyway 100% profit for them. Thus, once this dump surge has passed on then one can easily see ICO progressing towards higher prices as there are no more dumpsters.  Smiley

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

When the project did not live up to its expectations, investors begin selling their tokens at a price lower than under ICO, in order to somehow return some of their investments.
shapegray

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

I don't think that ICO hype will last long. In the future people will give up to make ICO and the amount of ico is definitely reduced. But in the other side, it can make market recover. Investor will not confuse to invest in ICO or strong coin.
Titus Maximus

Activity: 154
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:45:26 PM

When the project did not live up to its expectations, investors begin selling their tokens at a price lower than under ICO, in order to somehow return some of their investments.

I agree with this view. I invested in a project called savedroid and they needed 6 months to get listed on an exchange. On the day it hit the exchanges there was a mass sell off. Everyone was tired of waiting and just wanted to get out...there are some more examples. It is key that the project delivers or the investors loose confidence very quickly.
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:48:17 PM

Many people will sell below ICO price, that was very normal. Inorder for your crypto to be sold, you need to lower your price so that many people will interested on it. If not, you cant find a buyer for your crypto.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:52:31 PM

Most of the time people who sell below the ICO price are the bounty hunters. Also when the investors give up on a project then it is better to go out at 1/2 the price of ICO then 1/4th.
ganesh10

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:11:39 PM

It is mostly due to unexperienced investors selling in panic because they think they will loose the profits or that the market or a particular project could not recover from a drop.
CryptYeah

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:18:26 PM

They just want to get their money as quickly as possible, and do not worry about the balance of the wallet. Yes, and as practice shows, often immediately after the ICO the price falls sharply - everyone sells - and you can not even have time to sell even 1/8 of the price.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:32:31 PM

Okay this are people wants to earn enough money and not hoarding any coins in cryptos. I mean they need to have a day to day job to spend their money to pay taxes,foods and house rentals. Some People sell below ico and buy other coins.

EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:35:57 PM

Same opinion here. I always wonder why some people will buy tokens at ICO at higher price and will he happy to sell it for lower price on exchange and therefore crash the price. Maybe they need money urgently and can't wait longer.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:02:17 AM

Why many people selling asap below ICO price when the token/coin listed on Exchange.
If they can sell below ico price why they buy it from ico ?!
when you buy coin/token from some ico, do you have trust in them ? i saw many ico listing below ico price.
Price = 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ico price.
No one can take a profit except the ico owner. They have all ethereum and don't do anything ? not scam but don't do anything.
Where is the future of ico ?

In my opinion, developers should be actively involved in guarding the price of tokens, including pumping when needed.
But I think when an ico doesn't get maximum support, it's likely that developers will focus on their projects first.
And I think maximum support is obtained when the market situation is generally good.
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:16:37 AM

In my opinion some ICOs offer a 25-50% bonus when you buy their coins in a certain period and also you can get more tokens from referrals so basically they can get more tokens and will profit a lot when it hit the exchanges even without waiting for the ICO price to reach or higher than expected. This is just my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: