Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Punishment for ICO scams!  (Read 1968 times)
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:17:12 AM

At the moment, the topic of punishment for the ICO scam is very rare. In almost all cases, everything remains with impunity. If Iko scum, it is unlikely that someone will return something to you.
yes hopefully crypto is getting tougher the rules and there are penalties also for people who commit ICO fraud or others, because that can make people lose
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:20:59 AM

Obviously, this would be a just punishment. This is fraud and Court and prison is the right place for them. But if it talks about ICO and crypto then it will be different again. the scammers are hard to track in this system. that's probably why the scammers are becoming increasingly large and more and more. needs to be prepared is the anticipation of being able to prevent this from happening to myself.

atamism

Activity: 464
Merit: 11

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:22:00 AM

Finally, a post where in we will know what truly happens to scammers. NONE is the answer for this thread. It is very hard to accept but no one get caught or punished when they scam people on ICO's. They are taking advantage of ICO's regulation that they are not held liable for any losses. If there is someone caught, its just one person and its not publicly reported. No one is enforcing the law on crypto.  Undecided

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:24:57 AM

Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
There is no punishment yet I heard for ICO scammers until now and until the regulations are quite vague they will still continue scamming investors and bounty hunters. It's is so sad that most of them escaped from being prosecuted because of he ill defined regulations from many countries. If only there is clear definitions of the law about ICOs, we as investors can file lawsuit against them.
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:32:05 AM

for those who have already been deceived and lost money with ico scammers, there is some punishment method or complaint procedure to punish the thieves, if anyone has already gone through this fact, what they did, there are some sites to report or contest the money applied and lost?Huh thank you
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:33:09 AM

If you learn the information from this discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2853946.0, You can see some cases about ICO scams there. Some of them have already taken further action. You can see the more information below, I take the links of related news about ICO scam cases:
1. https://news.bitcoin.com/canadian-court-sends-perpetrator-of-plexcoin-ico-scam-to-jail/
2. https://u.today/top-10-ico-scams
3. https://www.ccn.com/philippines-crypto-scammers-face-21-years-in-prison-warns-regulator/
4. https://www.coindesk.com/us-government-arrests-charges-alleged-ico-fraudster/

I hope the information above can help you to know more about what government has done to ICO scammers.  

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

KrakenZ

Activity: 145
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:39:45 AM

Yeah I also strongly agree that the ICO who commit fraud needs to be given strict sanctions and penalties. This is to avoid similar things being done again and give a deterrent effect to perpetrators. I have a suggestion for the ICO who committed the fraud, we viral on various social media along with the names of the development teams. I am sure that if we spread viral news about fraud committed by irresponsible people, then that person will think twice about fraud. That is a bit of my idea.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:48:05 AM

So far I have never heard of any specific laws or laws governing ICO fraud. But we can impose sanctions or strict penalties for these ICO fraudsters in the form of imprisonment against these fraudsters. We can use fraudulent articles provided there is strong evidence that can ensnare them. I am sure this case can be included in the case of fraud provided there is evidence and witnesses. I believe this sanction is a punishment that can make them deterred. I also hope that in the future, there will be an official party handling the ICO both in terms of monitoring the ICO and giving permission to run an ICO. I hope this ICO can be more responsible.
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:36:59 PM

I don’t remember precedents with judicial terms for fraud in the ICO. Although every time there is activity, at the moment when fraud is revealed. As a result, people are less likely to trust the new ICO.
Perkovic

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:44:56 PM

unfortunately, at this stage of market regulation, fraudulent projects do not use any sanctions and I believe that this is one of the strongest problems in the current market

inMIN.it TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY██
ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018 ██
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:49:00 PM

Hi, everybody. Faced with a lot of fraudulent projects that collected money and quietly left. What sanctions and penalties are applied to them? If you know something, tell us, many will be very interesting to hear)
We don't know if ICOs scam. You better read scam accusation there. Prefent Scam by giving negative comment on the ann page and bounty page so  no participants join the campaign. Manager who promote scam ICO should be boycot.
Jassi.21jaspreet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:08:40 AM

i have never seen any scammer after doing scam, we do no know who they are & where they disappeared after doing scam. i think there should be an agency at global level to verify the project its team members to start any project. they need to get the approval first with all the information of team, its members, their wealth and project plan. otherwise we will never know about the scammers . forget about the punishment.
just_strange32

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:12:44 AM

This is a proposal that is widely accepted by the community. But how does a non-governmental market punish ICO scams? If this is done then the cryptographic market will be cleaner and soon accepted by governments around the world.
Gatsby club

Activity: 406

keyTango

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:27:20 AM

I do not know how to influence those who promote scam projects. It seems to me that if criminal responsibility is provided for this, then this should reduce the amount of the scam.

Cryptostruck

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:51:11 AM

At the moment, the topic of punishment for the ICO scam is very rare. In almost all cases, everything remains with impunity. If Iko scum, it is unlikely that someone will return something to you.
yes hopefully crypto is getting tougher the rules and there are penalties also for people who commit ICO fraud or others, because that can make people lose

Can make folks lose interest in crypto entirely, hopefully the recent regulation can help put this in check.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:50:50 AM

That's why before we want to invest our money on some ICO project, make sure the company is exist, so we can report them and sue them.
If we don't know where they are, then how can we can report them ? I guess we need to do a serious due diligence before put our money into any projects.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:52:38 AM

I think we should treat them according to law. That is what I expected most. Scammers will have to go to jail. Those who assist the scammer as managers will also be held responsible before the law. I really want the SEC to enter this market because I need safety and certainty.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:56:55 AM

Lol, those who are stupid enough to buy into these ICOs are getting punished. They are punished for their stupidity. No need to punish the scammer, if every "investor" did their homework, they won't be regret.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:40:07 AM

Lol, those who are stupid enough to buy into these ICOs are getting punished. They are punished for their stupidity. No need to punish the scammer, if every "investor" did their homework, they won't be regret.

I agree that investors must bear some responsibility for not doing proper due diligence. I think the problem with scams will eventually be solved by professional due diligence platforms. You can eliminate about 90% of the risk if you simply are able to get accurate information about the people involved in the project. These will need to be paid services so their interests are aligned with investors interests. We have already seen how ICO Rating sites that rely on being paid by the ICO can not be trusted.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:41:58 AM

Most ICO scams use identifiers as well as fake addresses, so it is very difficult to find them to be punished. ICOs are not scam, they must comply with legal regulations in some areas.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: