Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me give you the first Merit in this forum. (Challenge Completed)  (Read 798 times)
jallu74

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:40:45 AM

I will inform the moderator by clicking on the "Report to moderator" button located at the bottom of the plagiarism message. But I have never done this and I do not know what will happen after pressing this button - whether it will be necessary to write something or just one click is enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 04:35:05 AM

Good job but need correction. Question should be ask on inbox. Not publically. Because answer should be instant. Your question is publically posted. Now they will search about I. Most problem is they are answering on thread. So easily other one will copy it. So make new question and tell participant to ask inbox. I think it's better option. I noticed you haven't sent merit yet. So better lock this thread and make new thread don't mention question here. And ask on PM. And instant. Give a time to participate like GMT time 17:00 .

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:11:46 AM

Good job but need correction. Question should be ask on inbox. Not publically. Because answer should be instant. Your question is publically posted. Now they will search about I. Most problem is they are answering on thread. So easily other one will copy it. So make new question and tell participant to ask inbox. I think it's better option. I noticed you haven't sent merit yet. So better lock this thread and make new thread don't mention question here. And ask on PM. And instant. Give a time to participate like GMT time 17:00 .

They need to answer the below question correctly before getting accepted.

Ques1. Is it acceptable to copy/paste others post or article.   

I do not think, they will now copy paste other.

But your suggestion is also valid, I should take answer in inbox but I want to keep the challenge  open so I will let it run in open. 
(And all the challenges here in this forum nobody asked for replies in PM)                                           

I am alive
Batzko

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:53:45 PM

I'm a bit confused, do you want to answer here or send you a PM from now on?

As for the challenge question>

Challenge Ques 1. What you will do If you find somebody copy pasted the article here from some other site or copied others post from this site?

The answer is is quite simple because plagiarism isn't helping anyone.
So I would just report the post if it's a copied post from someone else but if it's a quoted message, from this forum or some other site, then there is no need to report anyone because he's just making his point clear by including somebody else's opinion.
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:20:49 PM

No PM to me. Answer everything here only.

I am alive
jallu74

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:09:25 PM
Merited by r1s2g3 (1)

I can inform you about plagiarism here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.0  Here in the text, it is clear that it is necessary to specify that it was clear that the copy and that the original, and from where I took it.
jallu74

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:45:04 PM

Since I am Russian user, I found in our local (Russian) this topic. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2775292.0 I read the reviews on the forum-ambiguous)))) But the rules are the rules, and they must be observed.
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:24:40 AM

Since I am Russian user, I found in our local (Russian) this topic. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2775292.0 I read the reviews on the forum-ambiguous)))) But the rules are the rules, and they must be observed.

I can inform you about plagiarism here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.0  Here in the text, it is clear that it is necessary to specify that it was clear that the copy and that the original, and from where I took it.

As for the challenge question>

Challenge Ques 1. What you will do If you find somebody copy pasted the article here from some other site or copied others post from this site?

The answer is is quite simple because plagiarism isn't helping anyone.
So I would just report the post if it's a copied post from someone else but if it's a quoted message, from this forum or some other site, then there is no need to report anyone because he's just making his point clear by including somebody else's opinion.

quoted all response.

I am alive
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:27:19 AM

Not all people responded but I will still proceed with my second question.

In which case we should use "Report To Moderator" or report post.

I am alive
Sundayspecial

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

OUch just saw this. Seems am not eligible.  Huh
zahardarya

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 08:19:38 AM

Ques1. Is it acceptable to copy/paste others post or article.                                                     : NO
Ques2. Is it ok to participate in a  bounty even it looks shady/scam.                                         : NO
Ques3. Do you think it is ok to apply for loan without collateral.                                                : YES
Ques4. Should we report scammer or scam projects.                                                                : YES
Ques5. Who is the OP for thread "Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ" : mprep
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:54:58 AM

Ques1. Is it acceptable to copy/paste others post or article.                                                     : NO
Ques2. Is it ok to participate in a  bounty even it looks shady/scam.                                         : NO
Ques3. Do you think it is ok to apply for loan without collateral.                                                : YES
Ques4. Should we report scammer or scam projects.                                                                : YES
Ques5. Who is the OP for thread "Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ" : mprep

I am not accepting anyone. At least , if you have read post 2. You might have the correct answers.

I am alive
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:09:39 AM

Answer to challenge question 1.

If you found somebody copy pasting or plagiarizing then report the user in below thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.0

By seeing some of the reports there you will get idea how to file the report.

For archiving the post you can use the site "https://archive.fo/"

Make sure  to check  the user status in "https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php"  (use Ctrl+F to search ) after 1 or 2 days to check if user is banned.
If user is banned then update your post with "Banned" in front of the username.

PS: Actually , you should check modlog.php first, before you start creating a report to check if user is banned already.

I am alive
jallu74

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:38:23 AM

Thanks. Now I have a more clear mechanism to respond to plagiarism. I hope I don't have to use it. And, of course, I am sure that I will not give a reason to use it against myself.
jallu74

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:04:05 PM

Challenge Ques 2. In which case we should use "Report To Moderator" or report post.

"Report to moderator enables you to report abusive or wrongly-placed posts to the forum staff." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help

I realized that this button is pressed in case of spam, or the message is posted in the wrong place, or having insults in the message.
Batzko

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:13:36 PM

It's pretty much standard thing on any forum, if you see someone breaking any rules you should report them to mods so they can warn, ban or just plainly do something about it so it doesn't happen again. Every forum has rules and you can find the rules for this one in the following thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Also every bitcointalk sub-forum has it's stickies with some additional rules that should be followed. Like this one from Bitcoin Discussion.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20333.0
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:36:44 PM

It's pretty much standard thing on any forum, if you see someone breaking any rules you should report them to mods so they can warn, ban or just plainly do something about it so it doesn't happen again. Every forum has rules and you can find the rules for this one in the following thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Also every bitcointalk sub-forum has it's stickies with some additional rules that should be followed. Like this one from Bitcoin Discussion.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20333.0

Challenge Ques 2. In which case we should use "Report To Moderator" or report post.

Quoted the response.

"Report to moderator enables you to report abusive or wrongly-placed posts to the forum staff." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help

I realized that this button is pressed in case of spam, or the message is posted in the wrong place, or having insults in the message.

I am alive
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:09:05 AM

Report to Moderator is used  to report the post that are out of context of topic or some gibberish post (post in English section but English sentence do not making any sense).
Actually Forum Moderator Welsh made a good reporting guide here.
Theymos also acknowledge the effort of reporting anfd he decided to create the badge
for the users,

I am alive
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:20:27 AM

Challenge Ques 3. Can you get negative trust for your signature if project/product you advertise (even it paid bounty signature) is scam ?

I am alive
jallu74

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:52:31 PM

Challenge Ques 3. Can you get negative trust for your signature if project/product you advertise (even it paid bounty signature) is scam ?

Yes, I think so. It's an complicity to scam. If I do not remove my signature after the regulation on the forum ICO-scam - I get negative trust for my signature.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: