Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking reporter badge images  (Read 28050 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5138
Merit: 12565

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:55:21 AM
Merited by Mr. Big (5), hirokazu (5), crairezx20 (3), Anon11073 (3), trecore4 (3), thisappointed (3), Welsh (2), ibminer (2), mprep (1), qwk (1), Daniel91 (1), RodeoX (1), Lafu (1), sheenshane (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), redsn0w (1), krishnapramod (1), muarip (1), mazdafunsun (1)

I think that I'm going to add some badges for people who report a bunch of posts. Maybe one for 300 good reports, one of 1000, and one for 5000. Does anyone want to make or find these images? They have to be exactly 16x16 px (like ), and if you find them online, then they must be copyright-free.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lagonda

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:22:34 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 02:41:55 AM by Lagonda
Merited by Decoded (2)

I think that I'm going to add some badges for people who report a bunch of posts. Maybe one for 300 good reports, one of 1000, and one for 5000. Does anyone want to make or find these images? They have to be exactly 16x16 px (like ), and if you find them online, then they must be copyright-free.

I think "Shitposter killer" name tag sounds better. And if a couple of merits are awarded when a milestone reached (3000 for example), people will go insane for it.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:45:58 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 03:35:18 AM by cissrawk
Merited by theymos (20), qwk (3), wttbs (1)

Try to create it, however its looks similar to other badge that i found on internet, well i got inspiration from google too and i'm using bitcoin logo. Since this is bitcointalk.

= 300 good report
= 1000 good report
= 5000 good report

Its contain number 300, 1000, 5000 in the image, but its too small. For bigger image https://imgur.com/a/EWFlVvQ.
Probably, theres always people who will abuse report to get that badge and glad mod will make it as bad report, maybe it will be good if you add bad report badge too, so people will not abuse report feature to get that good report badge.

P.S There's always better design than this.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:26:45 AM
Merited by qwk (1), Silent26 (1)

I have another thought, how about adding "Reports" under "Posts"? this badge idea is actually brilliant and I hope that in the next few days you could find the best design to properly implement it, but having (good) reports added under our forum names also could do the job, it might even provide more incentive for people to compete and have a bigger report count.

Activity:
Merit:
Reports: or RTM as short for report to moderator.
Just my zero satoshi.
Disclaimer: this is my idea but if somebody else has already suggested this please don't ban me for plagiarising, I might have picked this idea from somewhere but this post is from my head. also you should ignore the redacted part, that's something which I wish we could also implement but this is not the place to discuss it.

🖤😏
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1920

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:31:50 AM

I have another thought, how about adding "Reports" under "Posts"? this badge idea is actually brilliant and I hope that in the next few days you could find the best design to properly implement it, but having (good) reports added under our forum names also could do the job, it might even provide more incentive for people to compete and have a bigger report count.

Activity:
Merit:
Reports: or RTM as short for report to moderator.
Just my zero satoshi.
Disclaimer: this is my idea but if somebody else has already suggested this please don't ban me for plagiarising, I might have picked this idea from somewhere but this post is from my head. also you should ignore the redacted part, that's something which I wish we could also implement but this is not the place to discuss it.

I like the badge idea better. Reporting is better pseudo-anonymous.

Just have to be careful that it doesn't get too "industrialized" with the reporting .

There is the risk with any incentive that the best intentions get used by those with malignant purpose.

For instance I can report an entire thread full of account farmers with a single report - or I can report each user individually to get a badge.

Re: vulnerability of the forum. slander in plagiarism

Re: [staff] xandry: may I ask an explanation?

Indirectly cover some of those issues where merit was used to reward those that gave good reports. It was done with the best intent by the moderators but was abused by some of the forum members.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 04:36:09 AM
Merited by theymos (10), suchmoon (7), qwk (3), krishnapramod (3), Vod (2), xandry (1), xtraelv (1), butka (1)

Where would this badge reside? Next to the View Profile and Personal Message icons?

If so, then here's a couple of icon designs for the three different types of badges:

(300 reports)
(1000 reports)
(5000 reports)

And some mockups with the icons in play:

300 reports

1000 reports

5000 reports

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:46:45 AM

Just have to be careful that it doesn't get too "industrialized" with the reporting .

There is the risk with any incentive that the best intentions get used by those with malignant purpose.

For instance I can report an entire thread full of account farmers with a single report - or I can report each user individually to get a badge.

LOL, you even have a problem with people getting a freaking forum badge which has no monetary value rather being only an incentive to encourage non-moderators to do more reporting?
This is only to encourage more people to do some reports and I think having a badge should become common after a few days.
I can also report a whole topic but sometimes there are some threads filled with spam but the thread itself is not the problem so that we could report and get rid of it.
Both the badge idea and report counter idea are great IMHO, both of them could be encouraging.

Blah

I'm saving my merits for the first 6 people getting the badge. +1. though we need more designs.

🖤😏
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 3011

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:04:38 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 05:22:00 AM by Lafu

Why maybe  not simply like that ?

and for each Count different  Colors !

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:41:13 AM
Merited by theymos (5), Vod (2), u9y42 (1)

And some mockups with the icons in play:

300 reports

It's beautiful. But it looks more like a mark of authenticity. Similar to those from Twitter and Facebook. I think it would be cool if it was a rat. In prison and other places, snitch is called a rat. So it would be something funny.

I am almost on 300 good reporters, only need to reporter 17 more. =)
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:17:56 AM

Just a question: what about users who don't want to be known as someone who reports actively? It should be something optional to wear in the user profile (like with the "copper" tag) and not "forced" I like the suggestion from Diagaran btw (don't turn the user details in a Christmas tree or the traffic light)

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:23:41 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 08:54:41 AM by Silent26
Merited by theymos (5), qwk (2), xandry (1)

How about let's make it more simpler. I suggest using these "stars" as rate of how good a reporter is.
Here's an example :

Activity:
Merit:
       = Excellent Reporter (1000 Good Reports)
  = Legendary Reporter (5000 Good Reports)

This is what it looks like.

Optional
And for those who have lot of Bad reports.
           = Not Good Reporter (100 Bad Reports)
      = Bad Reporter (200 Bad Reports)
 = Worst Reporter (300 Bad Reports)

Edit.
if GoodReports >= BadReports then Good Report Stars will be shown.
else
Bad Report Stars will be shown.

404 Not Found
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:29:29 AM
Merited by theymos (2), qwk (1), xandry (1)

I suggest something like this just to give an idea:

A police hat in general could give the idea of reporting imo
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:35:42 AM
Merited by shield132 (5)

I suggest something like this just to give an idea but a better version:

A police hat in general could give the idea of reporting imo

If you hadn't said that that was a police hat, I wouldn't have known what it was. Unfortunately, it's hard to depict an object with that much detail within 16 pixels.

-

Regarding the counter issue, you could solve it by creating a 'title' tag with the amount of valid reports that were made. The number of results can be displayed when rolling over the icon, such as in the following mockup:

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:52:03 AM

Idea is great. I think design of BTCforJoe & Silent26 is fine. Both look like professional. May be more idea will come out. Let's wait for it. Then you can choose from them. But one thing , for implementation this reporter badge people will more motivate to report spam post. Hope it will be upgrade soon. Thanks in advanced.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheQuin

Activity: 2562
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:00:18 AM
Merited by mprep (1), Jet Cash (1)

Where would this badge reside? Next to the View Profile and Personal Message icons?

I think it would be under the coins used to depict rank like the other badges already in use.

If you hover the mouse over that Bitcoin symbol you see the text "Bitcoin core developer".

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1638
Merit: 678

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:10:51 AM

Bad idea, I would get two stars for both good and bad reports.

@theymos, while you're at it, can you reduce the time requirement between reports?

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Forum Features
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 3009

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:17:22 AM

(don't turn the user details in a Christmas tree or the traffic light)

Agreed - keep the design simple and unobtrusive. I really like BTCforJoe's icon placement idea.

@theymos, while you're at it, can you reduce the time requirement between reports?

There could be a valid reason for the delay - revenge reporting spam for example?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:31:27 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 09:03:11 AM by Silent26

That's what exactly what I was thinking  Grin Both star will show if a person have (for example) 300 Good Reports (1 star) and 100 Bad reports (1 star).

But how about if.
else

Edit.
These two guy's reply below were right. I think it is much better to exclude Bad report Stars in my suggestion. By the way it's just an option.
By looking and having these shiny stars on their profile, members will be encourage to help reporting.

However, I also like BTCforJoe's suggestion.

404 Not Found
TheQuin

Activity: 2562
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:35:41 AM

But how about if.
else

I think that might deter people from reporting for fear of getting it wrong. It would be better to stick to the positive side of the equation.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:39:15 AM

I don't think so it should be reflect both report on profile. Those are reporting there might be some bad. But it doesn't mean he is doing bad. But if the maximum post are bad than can be reflect only bad report badge. But I am not encourage about that. Those are reporting they are helping forum to keep clean. So we should consider his bad report.

On my opinion it's better to show only good report badge. There not necessary to use bad report badge. Cause there is not action for bad report. We need to motivate people for report , not disappointed.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██