Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS IT BAD TO CHOOSE BITCOIN AND BITCOINTLAK FORUM OVER MY GRADUATION CEREMONY?  (Read 1687 times)
Aponkye1 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 04:59:07 AM
Merited by aussiesloth (3)

Fellow commrades,
         It just happened that my graduation ceremony out of college was some few weeks ago but yet I did not attend this ceremony because i needed to watch over my investments in cryptocurrency and also engage in activities of this noble forum. My parents think i am a SCAMMER right now because i am always with my laptop and chatting online. I wish i could explain things to them further but it seems they have already taken side just like the haters of the crypto community out there. But come to think of it guys crypto is helping me a lot and this is where my investments are not some white collar job so was it wrong for me to have stayed home and watched over my investments in the crypto community? Please help because my conscience is really making me feel guilty now but I know i did the right thing.

Pictures of friends can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1623048977762477&set=t.100001522407361&type=3&theater

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:19:13 AM

Crypto dedication right here ☝️
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:34:46 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

Yes, it is. You could have attended your graduation ceremony and also your bitcoin investments and this forum when you got back home. You are obsessed with it. Have a life.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:42:14 AM

The graduation ceremony doesn`t matter.I didn`t attend my graduation ceremony,when I graduated university back in 2013.Your parents most likely want you to get a "9 to 5" job and live an ordinary life as a slave.Cryptocurrencies can give you freedom,but you will have to work hard to get that freedom.
I don`t think that you have to watch your crypto investments 24/7.Just have a proper strategy and control your emotions.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:42:39 AM

Yeah man, it was a bad choice.

DO you have a mobile phone? If so, download an app and watch your investments while you're living your life. If you're missing important things in your life to be lurking on Bitcointalk.org you have a problem. Seriously.
bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:58:27 AM

Well i don't think you made a wrong choice though because i really don't know aside your investments whether you are into bounty campaigns which usually takes a lot of time if you are participating in blog campaigns for instance. i remember i used half of my day just to write a blog for UChain campaign and i think it is worth my time because that is what it going to bring me money to sustain me not some old crap graduation ceremony which just last for a day. No offence to anybody though.

deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:00:47 AM

Man, that was not a good choice.

I am just a high school grad, and I just couldn't find job; they said I am underemployed with no decent education background. Yeah, I knew what it feels like, to be not so helpful with my parents---so please, continue attending school. And besides, you can still continue your crypto journey even after you graduate.
Pr3ko

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:30:00 AM

Fellow commrades,
         It just happened that my graduation ceremony out of college was some few weeks ago but yet I did not attend this ceremony because i needed to watch over my investments in cryptocurrency and also engage in activities of this noble forum. My parents think i am a SCAMMER right now because i am always with my laptop and chatting online. I wish i could explain things to them further but it seems they have already taken side just like the haters of the crypto community out there. But come to think of it guys crypto is helping me a lot and this is where my investments are not some white collar job so was it wrong for me to have stayed home and watched over my investments in the crypto community? Please help because my conscience is really making me feel guilty now but I know i did the right thing.

Pictures of friends can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1623048977762477&set=t.100001522407361&type=3&theater
You did what!...you skip a whole graduation for crypto...lol i don't think that was necessary man even Satoshi had a break but well i cannot actually judge you because i really don't know what you are doing in crypto but anyway no matter what the case maybe have an external life aside the activities of this forum or else your social life is really going to get rusty. A piece of advice because i have been there before.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:49:15 AM

I do not think studying or even attending important occasion like graduation ceremony will make you lose watch over your crypto investment. from what you have written I can see that you need to work on your time management. I was ones in the same position when I first join bitcointalk. I always want to be visiting the site every minutes and do go around with gadget but later I discover there is need for me to redefine what i am doing because it was affecting other activities I suppose to have done and since that day, I have always have balance life. From the post on facebook, I can see you are Nigerian so I wont be surprise about what people says when they see you carrying laptop around because I am also witnessing the same. thats average Nigerian Mentality. ones they see you carrying laptop around or you are using sophisticated gadget they will libel you as a scammer.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:56:07 AM

Well i don't think you made a wrong choice though because i really don't know aside your investments whether you are into bounty campaigns which usually takes a lot of time if you are participating in blog campaigns for instance. i remember i used half of my day just to write a blog for UChain campaign and i think it is worth my time because that is what it going to bring me money to sustain me not some old crap graduation ceremony which just last for a day. No offence to anybody though.
you can have both if you plan your time well. what you need to do is to plan your activities daily. how much you intend to spend online daily doing campaign and writing blog can be planned by you. when you evaluate your previous presence and what you have achieve for the amount of time you have consume doing one thing or the other you will realize you waist alot of time online except you are not a fast thinker which I believe you can work on. some people are addicted to internet even though they have achieve little or nothing. I have a brother that spend at least 6 hours a day visiting facebook just to look friends posts and comments  Grin
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 08:21:01 AM

Fellow commrades,

What do you do when watching your investment?  If you monitor prices and trade every day, I think you are a day trader
If you are an investor I don't understand why you can be burdened with your investments, you can do activities in this forum and monitor investments on your smartphone

nussy

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:29:09 AM

Why glueing to the monitor to watch your investment, watch are you watching there. Watching over your investment and staying in this forum should not be an excuse for not attending your graduation. You could get yourself a mobile device where you can do all on the go.
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 08:31:12 AM

I want to assume you are kidding with this man, respectfully, Go for your graduation and celebrate the events of life.You will always have bitcoins around,graduation is just once
pendong101

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:38:45 AM

I think it's kinda bad it was your graduation you could've celebrated it with your friends but i don't know it depends on the person it doesn't matter if you attend or not but the fun and memories there you missed is too much
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:48:59 AM

Fellow commrades,

You choosed the right way !
For got about your friends that can leave you every time and keep learn crypto because crypto is future !
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:52:02 AM

Your decisio is quite saddening, I mean if your parents think you are a scammer then why not prove them wrong, it may be hard to explain but they're your parents after all, and if they finally belive and trust you then I think you'll be able to manage yourself, spend your time wisely and not sit all day on your desk making investments, it won't be your primary income, it is still different when you get a college degree and a diploma, and the opportunity going on your graduation ceremony is a big waste, I mean you should always put your education first, even if you are earning big don't forget that anything can happen, and getting a diploma is always good, go for it, don't settle for that only, make sure your future is brighter than the sun.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:00:17 AM

If I'm on your shoe, I'll attend to the ceremony because that's only once in a lifetime and you can't undo the memories that you can cherish forever with that event.

Regarding your parents thought about you as a scammer, well they are knowledgeable about things online and they are thinking to the negative side. Haven't you talked with them and showed you on how you are making a living with crypto's?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dukjila

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:01:44 AM

Fellow commrades,

What does this post have to Bitcoin? Huh
The person is talking about investing in the whole of the cryptocurrency.
Then a sense of guilt - this is a branch for psychologists needed.
nikonova

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:11:26 AM

I think that's just fine. Youreally show dedication to crypto man. But i think it would have been better that you attended just for your parents. I mean all parents would like to see their children graduate.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:13:27 AM

I am just thinking, are you doing a daytime trade? If not, why missed that important moment of a student life. It so sad to see that pic, they looked so happy. Its like im in your situation regreting this. I just cant understand the logic of it. Its a good thing that have my moment in the stage accepting my diploma. I am not saying yout dedication to cryptos is bad, but maybe i think you must prioritize things that will be your lifetime memories.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: