Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DialCoin.com - Bitcoins in 30 seconds, worldwide.  (Read 7979 times)
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 11:09:12 PM

I would think in many places using the mobile would be the easiest way for many people by far.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:20:40 AM

for everyday people the % that the telco + shortcode provider takes is 25%. Well if you have sorted out a average deal. so for me they look like they are personally taking a little 2 much. But they are a new co so the prices may come down over time if they manage to sort out a better deal with there short code provider.

Personally I will not use it at that cost. But everyone to there own.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:25:53 AM

for everyday people the % that the telco + shortcode provider takes is 25%. Well if you have sorted out a average deal. so for me they look like they are personally taking a little 2 much. But they are a new co so the prices may come down over time if they manage to sort out a better deal with there short code provider.

Personally I will not use it at that cost. But everyone to there own.

Could you provide a reference to this claim? What country are you in? Are you taking into account the potential VAT attached to the customer's fees?

SMS is typically in the area of 50% (Africa is 90%!). I can understand why you would think it's over priced if you thought it was 25%.

As for prices coming down, SMS can't "come down", but we've got more in store for our prospective clients this fall.

zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:32:25 PM

Yes sure for example https://www.impulsepay.com/signup    . I am in the UK.

And that's just for one of the first providers I know about there are plenty others. various fee's. But its all a volume game as a higher volume you can normally talk this down a little depending on your short code provider.

Like say fantastic for the people who want to use the service. For now for me its a bit expensive. I do however wish you luck with it as the more services for Bitcoin out there the better.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 08:54:27 PM

This week we have focused heavily on a roll out in Northern America but I will make sure this gets put on top priority as well. We really don't want our clients paying any more than they need to. I'll be happy when we bring it to Korea! Cheesy

I read a document on my carrier's website and it reads
___ does not allow international text messages. Any attempt to send an international text message could result in Service deactivation.
Any possibility that I could/would send to a US based number or "short code" once implemented? I'm not sure if this is already in place for the countries already covered.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:28:35 PM

This week we have focused heavily on a roll out in Northern America but I will make sure this gets put on top priority as well. We really don't want our clients paying any more than they need to. I'll be happy when we bring it to Korea! Cheesy

___ does not allow international text messages. Any attempt to send an international text message could result in Service deactivation.
Any possibility that I could/would send to a US based number or "short code" once implemented? I'm not sure if this is already in place for the countries already covered.
International billing doesn't work so well for SMS yet for legal reasons. You might be charged for an international SMS alright, but it's not so simple on our side to convert it to a 'value' (if that makes any sense to you). All of our access numbers are carrier based so they will at least be in the same country chosen during purchase.

I would encourage you to double check on your own if a number is local to you but it should be pretty obvious just by the country code+area code. We are working on more alternatives for clients other than SMS to help reduce cost, increase privacy and usability.

boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:55:26 AM

International billing doesn't work so well for SMS yet for legal reasons. You might be charged for an international SMS alright, but it's not so simple on our side to convert it to a 'value' (if that makes any sense to you). All of our access numbers are carrier based so they will at least be in the same country chosen during purchase.

I would encourage you to double check on your own if a number is local to you but it should be pretty obvious just by the country code+area code. We are working on more alternatives for clients other than SMS to help reduce cost, increase privacy and usability.
As long as i wouldn't have to send an text message outside of the US, there wouldn't be a problem. Hopefully once US is supported, everything will go well with the transaction and my carrier. I do have a card connected to a monthly plan that adds minutes, but for the most part my carrier is prepaid. Given the small transaction sizes you offer, I shouldn't have to worry about some ridiculous charge.

Glad to hear you're moving beyond SMS.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:18:41 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2011, 07:45:07 AM by Vladimir

re: impusepay - lots of marketing BS, they use every trick in the book to make it appear to be a great deal. It is not in reality any good. Take in account VAT, fees, hidden fees etc.. and you back to square one.

we are working on improving UK pricing (except some particularly dumb and greedy carrier) and rolling out major countries/markets soon as far as SMS is concerned. And there are a few more tricks up our sleeve, which will be revealed shortly.

Also when you compare this service to exchange prices maybe you should not looks at it from point of view of buying 1000 BTC but from point of view of buying 1 BTC. For example, what is real cost of buying 1 BTC from MtGox? Like sending all the passport scans, wiring money in, waiting for paperwork to be done, waiting for money to arrive and be credited to your account, paying all the hidden currency conversion fees, praying not to be goxed etc... Meanwhile with dialcoin buying 1 BTC takes 30 seconds and we do not even ask your email address let alone passport scans.

I would claim that in terms of costs buying 1 BTC from dialcoin is one or maybe even two orders of magnitude less expensive than with mtgox. If you want to buy 1000 BTC https://dialcoin.com is not for you. As simple as that.

Not to mention that mtgox does not allow you to dump soon to expire phone credit.

-
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 04:15:57 PM

Oba!!!

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
pusle

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 10:32:25 AM

Well, the cost with my bank to transfer money into  bitcoin-central is zero regardless of the amount. (standard swift transfer)
Sure their EUR -> BTC price is usually higher than mtgox but not by that much.

I can understand the crazy price when buying just 1BTC but from say 10BTC or more it should be possible to make money with 25% markup.
If not then the mobile carrier companies are much worse bastards than I belived possible.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

Hi Selly,

I intended to to use your service today,

and I would have, if only my heart hadn't stopped cold,

at the mere sight of your most excessive pricing.

Whereas a 20% premium is fine, a 300% premium is not.

Sincerely,

A non-customer.
natman3400

Activity: 98

firstbits: 1nathana

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 05:32:59 PM

Any news on US Rollout? I would love to use your service to burn the $5 credit i get each month, but I see you guys still dont have the us.

Support the BitClip project:
http://bit.ly/vghQFK
Donate to bitclip: 1BCincd4sHM1ou5QcxZ4vc4hKzsxXCpQT
Dontate to me: 1NathanAubdutd4kW4VwfcEXEWvgkqEq7V
PGP key 1: http://goo.gl/TUIWe
PGP key 2: http://goo.gl/jrfaI
Proof both keys belong to me: http://goo.gl/dQSHl
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 05:48:46 PM

Hi Selly,

I intended to to use your service today,

and I would have, if only my heart hadn't stopped cold,

at the mere sight of your most excessive pricing.

Whereas a 20% premium is fine, a 300% premium is not.

Sincerely,

A non-customer.

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
SMS is typically in the area of 50% (Africa is 90%!). I can understand why you would think it's over priced if you thought it was 25%.

As for prices coming down, SMS can't "come down", but we've got more in store for our prospective clients this fall.

BinoX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 11:46:14 AM

Wondering if there's any news on solving the UK "technical difficulties" so far? I have some phone credit to dump, lol
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 04:20:43 PM

Wondering if there's any news on solving the UK "technical difficulties" so far? I have some phone credit to dump, lol

Working on upgrading to dialcoin 2.0 to function better with the android app and allow for merchant API. Taking some time because we all own multiple businesses. We're on it though!

BinoX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 05:26:48 PM

Thanks for the update
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 07:55:33 PM

Any chance of fixing UK availability? I'm from UK and I wish to use your service.Says its not available (it's been that way for quite sometime,already.). Is there any chance I can also get up to 2BTC via sms/phone call without the rates being too high?

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Minor

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 AM

"Server not found"

Is this service dead?
Herodes

Activity: 868