Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bank and crypto industry unite or be linked?  (Read 23522 times)
travelhelperio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Helper

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:25:31 AM

If this will happen is it possible that decentralization be compromised?
I Think one day decentralize system will be controlled in centralize way, think Big.

● Travel Helper ●
▰▰▰▰ Freelancer platform for Travelers ▰▰▰▰
● https://www.travelhelper.io/  ●
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:32:18 AM

Yes banks in japan and korea are already into it accepting that bitcoin is the future of money and will soon be recognized all over the globe.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:32:25 AM

They can regulate and monitor transactions but I don't think that decentralization will be compromised.

Before most early people who are in crypto's didn't assumed that there will be a way to be linked with the banks. But everything's changing today and this can gain more money to flow so if ever it will happen, I guess it's fine.

They can't supply coins if ever they'll be in.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
organelles

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:51:22 PM

The only linking that will be happening between banks and crypto is banks being used as a medium to purchase crypto with cash. After that there will be banks that will be offering saving options just like they do with cash now but that is only to hold your coins for you if you feel that the coins are not safe in your own care. Decentralization will not be compromised

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:56:20 PM

I think that this might be possible only for non traditional banks because traditional ones have only interest of maintaining their privilegies
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:00:02 PM

What a lot of people don't understand is that banks are working to provide the same service and functionalities as crypto. Fast, feeless 24/7 transfers. Not because they want to, but because blockchain made them do it. So, it will be pretty much the same.
Only the decentralization will be the difference, which is not a small difference.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 08:11:49 PM

I think sooner or later blockchain technology will also be applied in the banking sector, that is for sure, the real question is will the traditional banks also start crypto related services like creating crypto wallet accounts, buying selling and transferring of crypto,exchange and cashout of crypto and other financial services.

oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

Banks and crypto are already  in collaboration but not in larger scale, most cryptocurrency purchase is done with bank swift transfers and the banks don't have any issues with such transactions .
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Yeah sure I believe in the future, banks will work closely with some crypto project for financial inclusion though i didn't expect that to happen now, it will take a little while before we start to see that happen.

HertzCoin

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

Most likely crypto will change the banking system beyond recognition. Some of bank functions will just become obsolete and others will have to adjust to the changing environment.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:41:34 PM

Most likely crypto will change the banking system beyond recognition. Some of bank functions will just become obsolete and others will have to adjust to the changing environment.

Definitely. And blockchain will resolve somehow those banking issues that can really iinovate the banking system. I still didn't see banks that directly uses cryptos yet I know a bank that partnered an ICO and this is somehow significant as we're more likely to see that they're now open about this new innovation.
Gufeng

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:20:19 AM

I am not an expert in that so I cannot say for sure but in my opinion banks need to do something in order to stay swimming and not to sink. I think that those were working in banks is really smart people, they will invent something.
provide_life

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:33:48 PM

I think not, because it is in principle different concepts with different internal organization, although ripple crypto currency belongs to banks, but it is difficult to call it a crypto currency.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:42:24 PM

No only recongnization even on regulations side bitcoin and other decentralized cryptos can be used beyond that. If possible you can invest on centralized crypto currencies which can be goes with banking acceptance like ripple and etc...

Other than that there is no need of banks intervention on using the bitcoin.
fdsar

Activity: 98

Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:23:41 AM

To my mind their unity will be more promising and profitable for both of them and bein linked will not have such strong and confident potential that it could get.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
josecarlos2016

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:03:35 PM

Yes, we should not rule out such a turn of events. For example, the national cryptocurrency of Kazakhstan is being actively developed. And it will be fully tied to the Central Bank.
goshay97

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:24:44 PM

I believe the banks are going to attempt to co-opt the movement and try and take it over.  They will scare the public to make them think decentralization is bad and we will have one giant public ledger and be taxed on everything.  So my vote is for hostile take over. 
viktoriya1945

Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

I think that will be, I recently read about the dual-circuit financial system. The first circuit is a dollar system, the second one is a financial system built on yuan and for the interconnection between them, a crypto currency will be used that is independent and not tied to any banking system.
luckydevil2021

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:35:33 PM

Well we can see an intermediate model, which I think is what Ripple is doing, doing business and partnering with different institutions to offer services that please both audiences, I think in the end it's going to have to be something similar, because otherwise the banks will start to block the accounts of people who are working with cryptos and that would really be a problem, because it would be a disadvantage to the people working with cryptocurrencies and I think we already have enough inconveniences.
Caelanpelley

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:58:16 PM

Bitcoin transactions are performed on a networked computer without a bank. But when paying money, to change the cash to use through the banking system. Not all banks accept bitcoin transactions. So I think bank and password should be better together.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: