Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:08:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 NEM = $1 USD  (Read 7808 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 04:15:34 AM

NEM hasn't been released but it is trying something that no coin has ever tried, to new investors, it can have a lot of appeal and because of its even distribution, it will behave very differently in the market.  it will be a great experiment.  $1 surely with in a couple of weeks would be way to high, but after a couple of years, it is a real possibility.  of course this depends a lot on how well it is supported, competitors, and the view and adoption of bitcoin in general by the people of the world.  NEM is somewhat inspired by NXT but trying to make its own way and its own voice.  it has a large pool of original investers, much better than any other coin out there, so there is a very good community to support it.  cryptocurrencies only live on with a community, first of speculators, then of people that actually use it for daily purchases.  so far out of hundreds of coins, only bitcoin barely become used by regular people to make purchases.  how many of your friends or family have made a real purchase of a tangible object with cryptocurrency?  this is the real test NXT and NEM have a lot going for them that other cryptocurrencies don't.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:11:37 AM

I do not know the value, but will be great NEM
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:42:43 PM

NEMs price will be more fluctuating due to even market and even odds. There will be no trust dictating prices like at NXT (gl hf fools buying for that prices). So we can expect some price adventure because there are no 70 bagholders having allowed selling price set at 0.0001 and buying below 0.00006. Thousands of people are unable to make any secret negotiations to create a trust or a group big enough to affect the market. There may be recommendations which price is good and which is not however there always will be rats which will try to escape from that recommendations. I am expecting a dump at start (with many rats trying to sell and rebuy later), then slow rise dependent on popularity and success or unsuccess of that project and then it will be in stars what will happen in long term time-range.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
ItzMeThree

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:09:44 PM

this just kinda smells like scam to me
Eggnogg

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:44:33 PM

this just kinda smells like scam to me

Do you know anything about NEM? I don't think so. So please inform you about NEM before you say "it smells like scam" , okay  Wink

By the way. I think 1 USD is to much value for this coin shortly after ETA. The reason for this would be the distribution in an equal way. So everybody can have this coin. In my view NEM could be more popular than NXT however in regard of equal distribution which I like to promote, we got a real chance of 10 Cents 6 months after ETA.

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:43:18 AM

NEM will have a marketcap value (on start) like NXT.
So, real start price will be from 0,00002 - 0,000025 BTC/NEM.
Then...sky is a limit

IOTA
Eggnogg

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:52:41 PM

New rumors about the value of NEM:
In discussion thread try some members already to buy some stakes. ATM the values is set between 25000 NXT and 4 bitcoins.
Who can imagine that for a coin?  Grin
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:02:56 PM

It all depends on the services which revolve around NEM.
So far the distribution of the cin is much much better than NXT.
But its a long way to go before it reaches anywhere near $1.
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

I see only speculation about NEM here.
Something real ? Something from a reliable source ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

NEM is soon going to make some announcements AFAIK.
That will give us some more solid idea about the future of this coin.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

It will at least hit .50

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Schnitz

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:23:53 PM

It will at least hit .50

That would be great. In a few months it could happen.
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:36:40 PM

It will at least hit .50

That would be great. In a few months it could happen.

I would make 10:1 bet against that. (honestly I should say 100:1 but I simply dont have that much money.) I don't think it will ever be worth even 10 cents.

Maybe we could get that bet going on the new NXT decentralized exchange. (Smiley )
Zimmermann

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:54:05 PM

We should be realistic.
I love NEM - that is for sure; but I don't believe that we would hit 1 USD in the nearer future.
NEMs concept isn't a get quick rich-pattern.

But it seems realistic to hit 0.2 USD in a couple of month.
Ludom

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:01:49 PM

Everybody is ok with that : Nxt is a revolution, NEM try to make the same with his own approach. Now let see...

For me, 70 or 3000 stakeholder, it changes nothing.

Some people fears about dumping, but the danger is not bigger with 70 or 3000 or more. A panic sell is possible with a lot of stakeholders.

But what is dumping ? Sell for BTC or Fiat ? Do you think really that is the goal of the big stakeholder of Nxt (At the moment, there is more than 70, a lot more : http://charts.nxtcrypto.org/cDistribution.aspx) , to have BTC or Fiat ?

And if the stakeholders wait on the Asset Exchange ? And wait for the first Enterprises IPO to invest ? It's an other possibility to make the repartition better and it's not dumping. It make value.

Nobody think about that !

Ok NEM is cool and (theoretically) it could propose the same as Nxt. But how and when ?

The big implementations of Nxt come in few days. NEM don't have a blockchain.

Nxt Businesses are in the starting blocks : https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/asset-exchange-ipos-launch-day-listings!/msg12759/#msg12759 ; https://nxtforum.org/nxt-projects/
And it's only the top of the Iceberg.

And what about the businesses of NEM ? Nothing yet.

(I have a stake in NEM and NXT, I think NEM is a great project but I think it's a little bit to much to compare the both on the same level.)
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Everybody is ok with that : Nxt is a revolution, NEM try to make the same with his own approach. Now let see...

Some people fears about dumping, but the danger is not bigger with 70 or 3000 or more. A panic sell is possible with a lot of stakeholders.

But what is dumping ? Sell for BTC or Fiat ? Do you think really that is the goal of the big stakeholder of Nxt (At the moment, there is more than 70, a lot more : http://charts.nxtcrypto.org/cDistribution.aspx) , to have BTC or Fiat ?

And if the stakeholders wait on the Asset Exchange ? And wait for the first Enterprises IPO to invest ? It's an other possibility to make the repartition better and it's not dumping. It make value.

Ok NEM is cool and (theoretically) it could propose the same as Nxt. But how and when ?

Nxt Businesses are in the starting blocks : https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/asset-exchange-ipos-launch-day-listings!/msg12759/#msg12759 ; https://nxtforum.org/nxt-projects/

(I have a stake in NEM and NXT, I think NEM is a great project but I think it's a little bit to much to compare the both on the same level.)

Jesus, the first good post in this thread. Absolutely agree

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
McDowell

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:12:11 PM

We should be realistic.
I love NEM - that is for sure; but I don't believe that we would hit 1 USD in the nearer future.
NEMs concept isn't a get quick rich-pattern.

But it seems realistic to hit 0.2 USD in a couple of month.

That's what i'm estimating, too. Smiley
gck

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:45:48 PM

I would be damn happy if it hits $0.2!

But...I think realistically we are looking at .00002 BTC to start and it will fall after that...only to rebound.

NEM will have to hit the ground running and blow a lot of people away for it to get and stay in the top ten.

Many people here are still wary of non-minable coins...and the rest of the world barely understands bitcoin...let alone what NEM can achieve.

Anyway...here's hoping NEM kicks some serious ass on it's debut!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:23:49 PM

Jesus, the first good post in this thread. Absolutely agree

No it was a bad post.  Automated Transactions don't mean crap since it's not proprietary to NxT.  You're in the wild west, nothing is patented in the crypto world.  The strength of a coin isn't based on the technology but the community behind the coin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
zuluweralfa

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:31:16 PM

There is nothing else like NEM to compare it too yet. I think the price will fluctuate a lot in the first few days, probably some good bargains to be had.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: